Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Birthday

Player Owned Dogs In Runescape

I think we should add pet dogs to Runescape. It would be a simple thing to do, but as with cats, you should need a quest to get a puppy. Just like cats can catch mice and eat fish, dogs can catch those pointless squirells and racoons near Barbarian village. dogs could also have some use for hunting, like catching geese or something.the dogs would grow in stages like cats.puppydog (lazy) (overgrown) (hunting, like wily for cats)If you think of any other stages, tell me and I'll add it as soon as I can.

Harold's dogs

Requirements: 20 range, 15 hunter, 20 construction, and the ability to kill a level 45 bear.

Items needed: 12 planks, 45 nails, bolt of cloth, vial of water, bow, arrows, rope, and a weapon and armour.

Start of by talking to Harold outside his house in Yanille.(the one with the piano for treasure trails)He will tell you that he is looking for help watching his dog for a few days while he is away on a trip.

Dialouge: Y= your character H=Harold

H: Hello young lad(or lass), fancy helping out an old timer?

Y: [conversation ends] No, I don't seem to have the time.[continues conversation] Yes, I can always help a fellow citizen.

H: Thank you very much, I need you to watch my dog while I'm away on a trip to Karamja for some special premium dog kibble.

Y: So, what do I need to do?

H: To start...actually wait here, I'll go make a list of things I need you to do. *Harold magicly disappears and comes back a few seconds later* Here you go, make sure to do them when the need to be, 'cause there's no sense wasting your time.

List:

1. Feed dog

2. Walk dog around Yanille. (make sure she goes to the bathroom)

3. Set up a fence around the house for Pretzel(dog) to play outside in.

4. Make a dog house for Pretzel.

5.Go hunting with Pretzel.

6.To feed Pretzel.

go upstairs and search a crate to find some "dry kibble" your person will automaticly say "I don't think she'll want dry food." so use a VIAL, not bucket or bowl, but vial of water (if you use a bucket or bowl, you get soggy kibble on the box to get "kibble"Next you need to take Pretzel on a walk. To do this, use a rope on her on her blanket in the kitchen. walk her to Bert's house, down to the pub, back down the path to the Wizard's Guild, and back to the house. At a random point on the walk, Pretzel with go to the bathroom.to set up a fence, you need 5 planks and 15 nails. use each plank on the ground that is marked and you will end up having a fence.

to make a house, you need 7 planks, 2 tiles from the wilderness, and 30 nails. use a plank with the nails in your inventory, and you will get an unroffed dog house. then use a tile on it and you will have a dog house.Use it on the fence and your character will place it in the corner of the yard, the final step to building a dog house is use a bolt of cloth on it to make a blanket.

Finally, you need to go hunting with her, but to your suprise....she had puppies!! You now have no idea what to do with them so your character will have a dumb conversation with themself about what to do, and will end up putting the puppies on Pretzel's blanket and will put the puppies on it and put them to sleep.

you will then finally go hunting with Pretzel in the Feldip Hills hunter area. bring a bow and about ten arows. there will be geese in the ponds in the area. you will get a message saying " Pretzel barks at the geese and they start to fly off." Then you will have to practice your sniping skills and shoot some geese. shoot five geese and pretzel will bring then back for you.

Once you get home you will call for the puppies, but nothing ever seems to happen well for your runescape character, and, you guessed it, the puppies aren't there. your character will get nervous, Pretzel will bark and go into the yard and return with 3 puppies.....but where are the other 2?now you must on a search for the missing puppies.

The first puppy is in the cooking store near there trying to eat something.

The second puppy is all the way off in a cave south of the south bridge of castle warswhen you arrive in the cave, you will be right next to a massive level 45 bear with the puppy whimpering in the corner. kill the bear and pick up the puppy and bring it back to Yanille. Put the puppy down in the house, and a few seconds later, Harold will walk in the door with his premium Kibble.

He will say you look awfuly tired, and you will recap your adventure for him. He will say that he doesn't have room for puppies and you need to sell them. you will have to go around selling all five puppies to the people of Yanille, but only Bert wants a puppy to keep him company after the sand dealing.You will go back to Harold and ask what to do and h will tell you to go to Ardougne.

Go to Ardougne and you will be able to sell a puppy to king Luthas who will pay you a nice sum of 600 coins. You can sell one to Elana's parents, and one to the zoo keeper, but no one else wants one. go back to Harold and he will say that you can keep the puppy.

Congradulations! quest complete!

Reward: 2k hunter and constuction xp, 500 range xp, 1k coins, and your very own puppy.If you lose a puppy you can get another from Harold for 150 coins.Tell me what you think and if you support.

Supporters list:

1. me

2.rs4ever

Edited by Birthday

holy crap...im not even going to try and read all of that...make some paragraphs or something

Edited by Xaria
If you're going to bother reading it, then don't post. ~Xaria

dude wats your problem! there are all ready dogs in runescape and the stuff that you wrote didnt even support your own topic. your topic is Dogs in runescape but that huge words scrambler you did was taling about pet dogs! i dont support and i think this topic should b locked

1) Spelling, Grammar and Paragraphs please?

2) Been suggested too many times

3) I'm sick of this suggestion

the only reason u changed the name because i said it had nothing to do with dogs in runescape because there are allready dogs in runescape.

and u changed the name becauseit would match your thing about dogs as pets

i think this suggestion should b closed

Say I for the next ppl who read this and think it should b closed

Jagex has just announced in the month of January 2008 there will be the summoning update and this should include dogs :D

Jagex you petcists! Well I didn't read all of it but still, I agree with the idea. It is so unfair of Jagex to make us only have cats. I mean, Bob the cat is the mascot, cats are the pets and dogs are stray and have body parts and flesh ripped out roaming around in Varrock. They make dogs look bad. As a matter of a fact, I think Jagex wants us to not like dogs, giving us the impression that they are all stray and mean. I totally agree with you.

Guest seanshugeego

and once your dog goes to the bathroom, you can pick it up, and use it like rotten tomatos at the duel arena. "throw dog poop"

Dogs will no doubt come out with summoning but I still really like you're quest idea. Maybe it could unlock the ability to summon dogs?

You could also have the dogs help you fight, but give it HP.

It could give you a bonus to attack and defence while fighting other PC's and NPC's

Then if it dies, you could go get another one for 1k or something

They should make it to where you keep your dog and cat in your house. Just saying that cuz i like the idea. You should be able to build dog houses and litter boxes for the dogs and cats. Just a few side suggestions.

List:

1. Feed dog

2. Walk dog around Yanille. (make sure she goes to the bathroom)

3. Set up a fence around the house for Pretzel(dog) to play outside in.

4. Make a dog house for Pretzel.

5.Go hunting with Pretzel.

6.To feed Pretzel.

Most people can't afford a "fence". And there already is dogs, go check in Varrock.For now, I am staying with Cats. Oh yeah and the "Quest" thing is stuipd. They should just make a "Puppy Pound" in one of the Major Citys or "Adopt a Puppy/Dog today!". And there is HEAPS of text to read. I agree put it in paragraphs. Meh I don't really care to be hounest.. I just like PKING only good thing about dogs if they can Attack like in Guild Wars.

=]

Wait until summoning comes out......

+1

Remember, this was posted before Jagex officially announced they would be adding summoning.

UM... we already have pet dogs but i'll list some stages.

Beserk (wily for cats)

untrained (lazy for cats)

Big (overgrown for cats)

scary (overgrown for cats)