Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Mario

Rollins Gets N.l. Mvp

Sure, Rollins had 25 steals, 15 triples, blah blah blah, a bunch of stats with 5s at the ends. But I think that Holliday should've been the MVP. Led the N.L. in RBIs, hits, and total bases. And he got his team to the world series, where did jimmy rollins get the phillies??? a first round sweep by......none other than matt holliday's rockies!

Sure, Rollins had 25 steals, 15 triples, blah blah blah, a bunch of stats with 5s at the ends. But I think that Holliday should've been the MVP. Led the N.L. in RBIs, hits, and total bases. And he got his team to the world series, where did jimmy rollins get the phillies??? a first round sweep by......none other than matt holliday's rockies!

He had 41 steals, 30 homeruns, 20 triples, like 40 doubles or something like that. He also had 726 (probably wrong number) at bats, so he batted every time he could. He had a good defensive performance (gold glove). He was also an important defensive position (shortstop) while Matt Holliday was an outfielder. Matt Holliday did a lot for the rockies too though.

I would have voted for Jimmy Rollins, but I'm probably bias because I'm from Philadelphia.

Edited by Sobend

I dont think Rollins should have won it either, the MVP is about who helps their team win the most and has the best stats...the person in the NL who did that was obviously holliday especially on a team that everyone always predicts to finish dead last in their division or MLB...so yeah even though Rollins numbers were great Holliday was robbed

Edited by stoptht

He made the 30-30 club, he was a main part in their rally from 7 games behind the Mets with 17 games left to play to clinch the NL East. :o

Hello? What does MVP stand for? Most VALUABLE Player. Jimmy Rollins was dang good this year, but if you compare the supporting cast of Matt's to Jimmy's, the choice is obvious that the Phillies have a better cast. I think the voters amde a mistake.

He made the 30-30 club, he was a main part in their rally from 7 games behind the Mets with 17 games left to play to clinch the NL East. :unsure:

Hello? What does MVP stand for? Most VALUABLE Player. Jimmy Rollins was dang good this year, but if you compare the supporting cast of Matt's to Jimmy's, the choice is obvious that the Phillies have a better cast. I think the voters amde a mistake.

chase utley, ryan howard, aaron rowand, shane victorino yeah all those good people

holliday had like...hawpe tulowitzki, and if you generous maybe helton who didnt do so good

JIMMY WAS VALUABLE. Take out all those Homeruns, Steals, and where would they have finished? 3rd. What he did, especially when they played the Mets, was phenomenal. He had great atbats against the Mets, robbed hitters of hits, and all that.

Jimmy Rollins had Chase Utley batting behind him, granted he's a great player but a lot of what Rollins did, Utley ujst drove him in. Utley and Rollins combined are why the Phillies came back against the Mets. Holliday alone is the reason the Rockies went anywhere.

Like Grand said, MVP=Most Valuable Player. Rollins was a productive and a consistent player mind you, but he had other productive and consistent players behind him. He gets on base, the Utley drives him in, or gets on base. So then you have two people on for slugger Ryan Howard. BOOM! But Matt Holiday? Um....let's see....oh yeah he has slugger Todd Helton! Heh, not. Matt Holiday was really the star of that Rockie's team, he was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER of the N.L. The voters made a mistake.

Well Ryan Howard and Chase Utely also got injured during the season so it was only him for part of the time. He was there when those two players were injured which made him valuable to his team when his team was struggling with injury problems.

The MVP is only voted for the Regular Season, hence why Rollins won. Sort of the reason why Beckett didn't win the AL Cy Young, since CC was better in the Regular Season, but Josh was epic in the Playoffs.

Well Ryan Howard and Chase Utely also got injured during the season so it was only him for part of the time. He was there when those two players were injured which made him valuable to his team when his team was struggling with injury problems.

Alright? so Rollins played like a couple of weeks without his star backup..okay Holliday played the entire season no way can u say Holliday had the backup Rollins did he single handedly took them into the playoffs

The MVP is only voted for the Regular Season, hence why Rollins won. Sort of the reason why Beckett didn't win the AL Cy Young, since CC was better in the Regular Season, but Josh was epic in the Playoffs.

yeah and Holliday himself was the MVP not Rollins +Utley +Howard its most valuable player not players

Well, the decision has been made. However, David Wright should have won the MVP.

No he should not, just because he is on your favorite team does not mean he deserves the MVP. I could say that Erik Bedard deserved the AL Cy Young, just because he is an Oriole. David Wright was not as good this year as Jimmy Rollins was, he was in the top 5 in alot of NL batting categories. And, his team made the playoffs, whilst the Mets did not. And it does not matter what happens in the post season, but what happens in the regular season.

Well, the decision has been made. However, David Wright should have won the MVP.

His team collasped to Jimmy Rollins team in the regular season. Also Holliday wasn't on a terrible team he had some pretty good batters with him.

By the way happy Birthday to Jimmy Rollins he turned 29 today.

Edited by Sobend

Jimmy Rollins was really good. Stealing, Tripling, Doubling, Blah blah blah. He had a fairly decent batting average and if you're from the Philadelphia area like moi then you should know that he has done a lot more, including charity :P