Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Egghebrecht

Development Diary: Summoning - Part 3

jeez . zezima will have a lot of work to do. lol.

do u think that zezima will try to get 99 summoning?

and how will summoning fit in our skills list?

idk. :mellow::huh: :/ :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Zezima didnt get 99 everything and number 1 player ever just to lose the title. :)

petshop1.jpg

someone else took the pic. Not me, but that's the pet shop.

Sorry if my first comment was rude in an arrogant way. I didn't mean it in any offensive way.

Where is that at?

petshop1.jpg

someone else took the pic. Not me, but that's the pet shop.

Sorry if my first comment was rude in an arrogant way. I didn't mean it in any offensive way.

Where is that at?

Hes inside the magic guild in yanille.

That last bit – the build-up to and releasing of a skill – will be covered in the final part of this Development Diary in three weeks' time. We will be releasing the third and final Summoning wallpaper in two weeks. There may even be some other little hints between now and then...

and then i wos reading post bag for the hedge and saw this!

Christmas has touched more than just humans this year. The dogs and cows of RuneScape get their voices heard, while two penguins and a cat cast their eye over this year's updates.

i think that this wot thay mean :mad: :) :o

p.s. i think this is my 1st post srry if i did it wrong :xd:

Guest Emanick
That last bit – the build-up to and releasing of a skill – will be covered in the final part of this Development Diary in three weeks' time. We will be releasing the third and final Summoning wallpaper in two weeks. There may even be some other little hints between now and then...

and then i wos reading post bag for the hedge and saw this!

Christmas has touched more than just humans this year. The dogs and cows of RuneScape get their voices heard, while two penguins and a cat cast their eye over this year's updates.

i think that this wot thay mean <_< :s :huh:

p.s. i think this is my 1st post srry if i did it wrong ;)

You did it fine. :)

Cows could be summoned too, although it would be a little...odd. :P Good thinking.

~Em :)

yo soo uhh does this mean summoing will prettty much be members only???cuz from wut they wrote it seeems like all we r gonnna get is pet dogs, and thats totally bs

f2p = free to play, why should jagex give you anything?

Yeah summoning as mentioned will be combat so it'll ruin the combat system if it was only members.I was a member once,and if you don't believe it,then go and check up my stat's.It should be so that some of it is members(especially the higher and harder summoners) and some freeplay.I wonder if some summoning monsters in PvP action is similar to using a recoil ring and the vengeance spell.Ahh good old 1v1 Edgeville Pking :ice:

yo soo uhh does this mean summoing will prettty much be members only???cuz from wut they wrote it seeems like all we r gonnna get is pet dogs, and thats totally bs

Yeah summoning as mentioned will be combat so it'll ruin the combat system if it was only members.I was a member once,and if you don't believe it,then go and check up my stat's.It should be so that some of it is members(especially the higher and harder summoners) and some freeplay.I wonder if some summoning monsters in PvP action is similar to using a recoil ring and the vengeance spell.Ahh good old 1v1 Edgeville Pking <_<

ruin the combat system? well, I would'nt be surprised if Jagex ruined it.. =P

He just ruined..

merchanting, prices, Duel Arena, trades, his own game.. =P

I must say it won't ruin combat a lot (if it was only P2P)

because we have Bounty Hunter now.. so it makes almost no diffrence..

Wierd.. I wan't to see that summoning.. I hope u WON't be able to summon cows.. that odd..

And.. The shop is near the mage guild. It means nothing, it may be F2P too.. just they get less than P2P.. =)

I must say: I think it won't be F2P.

Why would it be members?

-Bacause if it was not, then less ppl would pay to be a member..

-There is a shop in P2P world, which, ofcourse, dosent mean F2P can't have a few pets too..

-F2P got a "try" of summoning on the christmas update, Jagex want to try them and see it cool or something like that..

F2P got it, to make themselves a member.

-F2P haven't ever got a new skill..

-This might keep smany members ingame..

- I think that for Jagex MEMBERS are more inportant than the number of PLAYERS, so they don't care about F2P so much.. even if all F2P left, Jagex would be still happy with.. even 50k members.. =)

Why would it be for F2P?

-They add many F2P stuff lately (well, it was all against scammers and so on, and summoning isnt..

-Jagex might want to make more ppl come back and play the game..

It just seems inposible to be F2P.. it has nothing to do with rules or make the game fair..

Just a new update. F2P got many updates lately, to make their game SAFE. Now, Jagex will (probably) come back making updates for P2P.

Ha! I was bored.. =P

Edited by Drikam

Yeah summoning as mentioned will be combat so it'll ruin the combat system if it was only members.I was a member once,and if you don't believe it,then go and check up my stat's.It should be so that some of it is members(especially the higher and harder summoners) and some freeplay.I wonder if some summoning monsters in PvP action is similar to using a recoil ring and the vengeance spell.Ahh good old 1v1 Edgeville Pking :/

He just ruined..

Wierd.. I wan't to see that summoning.. I hope u WON't be able to summon cows.. that odd..

And.. The shop is near the mage guild. It means nothing, it may be F2P too.. just they get less than P2P.. =)

Why would it be members?

-There is a shop in P2P world, which, ofcourse, dosent mean F2P can't have a few pets too..

-F2P got a "try" of summoning on the christmas update, Jagex want to try them and see it cool or something like that..

- I think that for Jagex MEMBERS are more inportant than the number of PLAYERS, so they don't care about F2P so much.. even if all F2P left, Jagex would be still happy with.. even 50k members.. =)

Why would it be for F2P?

-They add many F2P stuff lately (well, it was all against scammers and so on, and summoning isnt..

It just seems inposible to be F2P.. it has nothing to do with rules or make the game fair..

Just a new update. F2P got many updates lately, to make their game SAFE. Now, Jagex will (probably) come back making updates for P2P.

Ha! I was bored.. =P

Jagex wouldn't have took away RWT and all that scam prevention stuff if they didn't care. We're all equal.

I'll post my argument later.

Yeah summoning as mentioned will be combat so it'll ruin the combat system if it was only members.I was a member once,and if you don't believe it,then go and check up my stat's.It should be so that some of it is members(especially the higher and harder summoners) and some freeplay.I wonder if some summoning monsters in PvP action is similar to using a recoil ring and the vengeance spell.Ahh good old 1v1 Edgeville Pking :blink:

He just ruined..

Why would it be members?

Why would it be for F2P?

Ha! I was bored.. =P

Ummm Jagex is a company not a person....

The problem is that members with something will be a higher combat lvl. Basically that would mean every f2p player is a pure compared to them. I don't think Jagex wants that.

I think summoning is gona be f2p. It will be very limited tho, maybe like 50+ p2p summons and 10 or below f2p. It would make f2p people want to summon the p2p ones and become members. More f2ps would become members if they had some of the skill, if they had none of the skill than they wouldnt even be able to try it and wouldnt become p2p as much

catch my drift

If, by the end of the Wolf Whistle quest, you understand how Summoning functions, then we've succeeded. The fact that it was developed by an excellent quest writer helps." Indeed, it's not just a tutorial, it's an amusing quest in its own right, as you'd expect from Mod Wilson (whose previous quests include Rag and Bone Man, Cabin Fever, Rum Deal and Great Brain Robbery).

Makes me belive new quest + p2p.

Yeah, it MUST be F2P.

P2P got bank spaces.. for SUMMONING..

F2P.. got 8 (which is less).. but they never got bank space? why would they get it now? =)

138 combat... I don't even have 100 -.- oh well :-) Should be easy if I train summoning :D I can't wait to get a pet dog. Dogs ftw!...But Zezima is gonna get to 99 in like a day because he/she has no life

it takes ppl who play loads like 20-30 days btw