Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Money Making Rewrite

Hey I'm willing to put some effort to finish up the mining section. (Wilderness mines will not be mention except RUNITE mine)

Making money with mining is one of the best F2p and P2p methods out there. There are many ores out there so there are many ways to make money.

Mining COAL is one of the most easiest and quickest way to make money. Coal can sell from 150-200 gp ea. Coal is found is many mines including the grandest of all, The Mining Guide. When you recieve 30 mining ore more you will be able to mine the special rock that can also become very useful for smithing as well. If you have at least 28 combat level I would recomend mining in Dwarvin mines where there is many coal rocks, but beware it would be wise to wear armor if your combat is lower than 50 since there scorpians everywhere. Another great mine is the Al Kharid mine. Just like the Dwarvin mine tho, scorpians are everywhere and armor is recomended. Not to many rocks are Al kharid but it's still a good choice because of The Duel Arena bank is close by. South-West of Lumbridge swamp lies a another mine that contains a fair number of coal rocks and is somewhat close to the bank. Once you reach 60 mining don't hold back and go directly to the mining guide which contains at least 37 coal rocks. Even with Candor island so far away don't be discouraged to go try to ming coal at that location, there are many coal rocks located the Candor island as well. Coal takes about 30+ seconds to respawn

Mining MITHRIL is another great rock to mine where your mining level is at least 55. Mithril can be sold from 300gp - 500gp which is great money if you harvest/mine many of them. Mithril is located in many mines but mines that stand out are the mining guide where 5 rocks are located. Also just outside of the mining guide 2 mithril rocks are located as well, but beware scorpains are everywhere so armor is recomended to 50 and below combat. Southwest of the Lumbridge swamp is a mine containing 5 mithril rocks and are usually open for mining. In Candor Island there are at least 6 mithril rocks that are most NEVER mined, so take advantage and mine them! Mithrils take about two+ minutes to respawn.

ADAMANTITE ores are a bit more harder to get than other ores but they sell from 1000gp -1500 which can bring you with a large sum of cash if many are mined. Adamantite ore can be mined at lvl 70 mining. Adamantie ore can be found in Dwarvin mines just outside The Mining Guide and there are 3 rocks located there. Adamantite ore can also be found in the skeleton mine but people with 50 and below combat should wear armor, two rocks are located here. South - West of Lumbridge swamp a mine is located with two rocks of adamantite ore. In Candor Island there are 3 adamantite ore rocks that are mostly NEVER mined as well and are great and mostly always open for a miner. *Note about mining adamantite ore* - If your looking to stock up in a lot of ores it would be wise to world hop since adamantite ores take about four+ minutes to respawn.

Mining RUNITE makes much more money than many other skills. It's possable to make up to 1 million dollors per hour, Believe it or Not. For mining runite you must world hop since ores take 12-30 minutes to respawn back. For F2p runite ores are located only in lvl 46 wildy near the lava maze. Members can mine runite at the Hereo's guide and Lava Maze Dungeon. Ores can be sold for up to 13800 gp ea. However mining runite isn't the easiest thing to do. If your not carefull you can die in a flash. Beware of Ghost!

Things you need to mine runite: F2p

*85 mining

*Bronze Pickaxe or better

What to Wear: Two Outfit and choices

Oufit One:

Rune Full Helmet

Rune Plate Body

Rune Plate Legs

Rune Kiteshield

Power Amulet or Holy Symbol

Leather Boots - Fighting boots- Fancy boots

Any Cape

Dragon Hide Vambraces

Pickaxe wielded

Outfit 2

Rune Full Helmet

Dragon Hide Body

Dragon Hide chaps

Rune Kiteshield

Power Amulet

Leather boots - Fighting Boots - Fancy boots

Any cape

Dragon Hide Vambraces

Pickaxe wielded

Invo: Carry about 10-20 lobs, use up the spaces then eat lobs to make more room 1 by 1 as you go. The idea is to have many lobs incase you're under attack by ghost. Mine until two lobs are left then head back to the bank located near bounty hunter for easy, close, and fast storage.

If under attack by a ghost turn on the prayer needed for the type of attack the ghost is using. If you do not have 37+ prayer run for your dear life, some ghost hit as high as 30! Always run a far distance and log out, remember these ghost are known to follow people.

Tell me how I did? I have a lot of grammer mistakes....but it would help if you could point those out. If this is up to your standards please put it in your guide. Thanks lil duck 99

Edited by lilduck99

Gargoyles require a Slayer level of 75 and are located at the Canifis Slayer Tower. In order to kill them, you need a Rock Hammer, which is used on them when their health is low. Gargoyles are primarily killed for their Granite Maul drop which can be sold for about 100,000gp.

The price for granite mauls has fallen drastically and they are now only worth 60K. Not a major error, but quite improtant if you were to go hunting gargoyles, then finding the drop is not worth as much as you thought. :wub:

In your world 16 air running section, you say how if members wear weight removing gear into an f2p world, that itll work. But, that is not the case, it will just be a members item.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but you should add a coal mining method. I usually use the coal trucks mine(members only). with the trucks carrying 120 coal per load, and the bank right nearby, its easy to get huge amounts at a time, plus coal has gotta be the most in demmand ore on the market.

Thanks, I added that. :D

I have another idea for you:

Seperate members methods from freeplay methods.

Here's a basic format idea:

Problem with that is I would have to reorganize the entire guide. :mad: That would take forever!

Hey I'm willing to put some effort to finish up the mining section. (Wilderness mines will not be mention except RUNITE mine)

Thanks so much! That really helped, just fixed some names and edited it. :(

The price for granite mauls has fallen drastically and they are now only worth 60K. Not a major error, but quite improtant if you were to go hunting gargoyles, then finding the drop is not worth as much as you thought. :aware:

Thanks for the price check. :)

In your world 16 air running section, you say how if members wear weight removing gear into an f2p world, that itll work. But, that is not the case, it will just be a members item.

Fixed, thanks. :D

Finished the mining section, tons of time to work while fletching. :) I will be working on Hunter today.

@Crafting additions: I will check prices and make sure for a profit.

Edited by Hawk

I use these 2 ways to make money:

1. Go to grand exchange, open buying window, search for 'ruby' and from results choose cut ruby. Buy a lot of them(the more u buy, the bigger profit u make fast). Lets say you bought 1000 rubys, now also buy 1000 gold bars from grand exchange, they only cost around 220 which is supercheap compared to gold ores. Now that you have 1000 gold bars and cut rubys, go buy a ring mould from crafting shops. Now start running between al kharid bank and furnace, making ruby rings as fast as you can. When you have 1000 ruby rings, sell them at grand exchange, making around 1400 gp from each ring (u used only 1200 for ruby + bar). These rings are used by members to make rings of forging so they are high in demand.

2. Go to grand exchange, buy 1000 cowhides(or more if you are rich) for around 110 - 115 gp each. Now when you have them, cast lumbridge home teleport, and run to al kharid. Go to bank and bank your hides, withdraw 1000 coins. Now also withdraw 27 cowhides, start running between bank and leather tanner(Ellis) and make soft or hard leathers, depending on which one sells at grand exchange for higher price. Making 1000 hides into leathers takes only 30 minutes. Now go to grand exchange(teleport) and sell your leathers for 165 - 185 each(price changes a lot). This way you make 50 - 70k in just 30 minutes! One of the best non-skill freeplay money making ways.

I got an idea to make some cash I'm not a guide writer so I put it in easy steps (a>b>c)

required: 50 smithing, some cash, pickaxe (*), 55 mining (*)

recommended: 60 mining (*), spotted/spottier cape, boots of lightness, penance gloves, Varrock armor 1

1. get 400 coal and 100 mithril ores.

1a. buying all the ores in the grand exchange, world 2, 1 or any other places.

1b. mining them in the mining's guild or any other places.

1c. buying the mithril ores and mining the coal (mining mithril and buying coal isn't recommended).

2. smelt them to bars.

2a. use Superheat Item to smelt them (nature runes needed).

2b. smelt them in Edgeville using the furnace (Varrock armor 1+ needed).

2c. smelt them in Port Phasmatys, Al Kharid, Falador or any other places.

3. Sell the mithril bars for profit in the grand exchange, world 2, 1 or any other places.

I'll help with the fletching. I could do entire fletching section if you want :)

I got 99 fletching but give me by the end of tomorrow I'll have it done hopefully, if you want me to make that for you.

And how about this for smithing section.

Requirements:

Level 60 mining

Level 61 smithing

Some money for ores and natures

What to do:

Mine 900 coal ores in Falador guild or in the coal trucks.

Buy 2700 coal ores and Mithril ores in Falador or the Grand Exchange.

Smelt and smith into Mithril Chainbodies.

Buy Nature runes in Grand Exchange.

Hi-Alch them.

Edited by kandymann3

Good Places To Smith

Now that you have smelted your bars, you must smith them into Steel Platebodies. Here are some great places to smith:

Varrock's banks are very close to an anvil, with one on the east side of Varrock, and on the west side. The one on the west side is one of the closest routes between a furnace and a bank.

You mean anvil. : P

There is an easy way to make money with smithing. You just need a little money but it can make huge profits. It is simply making steal bars.

First buy coal. Depending on how many bars you want to make buy more or less coal. Now you have a choice. Do you buy iron and save time or mine iron and have a higher profit. Depending on how many bars you plan to make, your choice will vary.

Now just smith the bars together and sell. This is an easy way to make money and smithing xp. :glasses:

There is an easy way to make money with smithing. You just need a little money but it can make huge profits. It is simply making steal bars.

First buy coal. Depending on how many bars you want to make buy more or less coal. Now you have a choice. Do you buy iron and save time or mine iron and have a higher profit. Depending on how many bars you plan to make, your choice will vary.

Now just smith the bars together and sell. This is an easy way to make money and smithing xp. :pirate:

Takes so long to smelt them..I tried that when I first started Runesape and it took so long. Really depends on the persons level when you are saying it's good exp.

Here's the short version for crafting. It requires lots of gold, I believe 54 crafting (for ruby amulets/necklaces), and 55 magic for high alchemy.
Here's to add to Crafting:
I got an idea to make some cash I'm not a guide writer so I put it in easy steps (a>b>c)

recommended: 60 mining (*), spotted/spottier cape, boots of lightness, penance gloves, Varrock armor 1

1c. buying the mithril ores and mining the coal (mining mithril and buying coal isn't recommended).

2. smelt them to bars.

3. Sell the mithril bars for profit in the grand exchange, world 2, 1 or any other places.

All of the above methods lose money, I checked out the prices and they all lead to a negative profit.

@Roy: I will add about that method, but it only makes money if you mine all of the ores yourself.

Good Places To Smith

Now that you have smelted your bars, you must smith them into Steel Platebodies. Here are some great places to smith:

Varrock's banks are very close to an anvil, with one on the east side of Varrock, and on the west side. The one on the west side is one of the closest routes between a furnace and a bank.

You mean anvil. : P

Fixed, thanks. <_<

Now just smith the bars together and sell. This is an easy way to make money and smithing xp. <_<

Thanks, will add. :mellow:

2. smelt them to bars.

All of the above methods lose money, I checked out the prices and they all lead to a negative profit.

@Roy: I will add about that method, but it only makes money if you mine all of the ores yourself.

I tried it and you make about 110-115k per 100 mithril bars and you loose about 90k if you buy it all.

Edited by Roy

I think that you could improve the woodcutting section. In my opinion the best place to cut willows in P2P is outside the Barbarian Outpost.

1. Teleport using a games necklace to the Barbarian Outpost

2. Very slightly to the west of the building are many willows, begin to cut there.

3. When your inv. is full, simply go inside and use the bank deposit box, and repeat this cycle.

The only major disadvantage is that you can't keep track of how many willows you have. This can be done by home-teleporting and running to Falador bank, then running to the bank, and then all you need to do once you've checked how many you have is teleport back using your Games necklace.

This method offers quick experience, and very quick banking of willows. :aware:

You might also want to add that the king black dragon drops a dragonic visage, which, I believe, is around 22 mill or something like that? Good guide so far.

You might also want to add that the king black dragon drops a dragonic visage, which, I believe, is around 22 mill or something like that? Good guide so far.

Steel Dragons, Iron Dragons, Mithril Dragons, Skeletal Wyverns, and Black Dragons also drop the visage, but it is a very rare drop.

For Double Nats and Law Running, you need 80+ Quest Points in order for the trade to work. Add that in.

Would you like to pinch my preliminary GX investment guide showing the basic way to make money with the GX?

As some may know I am extremely successful with the GX making about 8Mil per day now I have the capital to invest and I think it could use a real guide such as this one to showcase it.

I will of course offer it to all other guide writers so that they can use it but feel free to rip it apart completely and change the wording as you see fit :)

*Note, this was never meant to be a guide as such but a joky topic on how to make money for people who are useless at it....the wording will probably have to be changed to make it look more professional :)

Everytime I go anywhere people always ask me how I manage to drop 1-2m in the party chest as I am walking past yet my pool of money keeps increasing at a frightening rate, often at about 5-6mil per day. It is not hard, it is about supply and demand now, always before we had bots to collect resources so everyone relied on them, now we have to rely on others to collect things, this means some items are steady and some fluctuate from time to time.

Runes are one of these such items, they will fluctuate 1-2gp in the course of the day and if you figure out when they will rise and fall you can take advantage.

Fire runes do not fall in price below 10 gp each on the GX so in the GMT afternoon buy them all up with all available money, once you have enough...immediately put them up for sale in the evening or night time and you will gain 10% each time. I will add pictures in a few days proving it works.

This is me just finishing up buying a load, it did take a while due to buying more than the average user but you can see it is certainly possible to buy in real bulk at the minimum price.

2163854573_9fe41d8aa8_o.png

And this is me starting to sell my fires about 6 hours later at 11 each which gives me an overall profit of 10% of anything I invested, which when you look at the numbers is an absolutely fantastic margin and makes it entirely possible to buy a santa every few days if you wished to while still gaining money :)

2164651494_15e25c4b46_o.png

If you wish it is possible to basically buy all the runes you can and when you have bought immediately put up for sale and keep repeating, it does take quite a few hours for the prices to "flip" but the rewards far outstrip the disadvantages of not having it sitting in your bank doing nothing lol

In the second picture you will see I have made a profit of 360,000gp just for basically doing nothing even on the small stock I sold :)

Good Luck, but you dont have to stick with fires and I hope you dont, they are my method and dont wish it to be ruined...find something else please!! lol >.<

@Hendrik, Do not worry if they will not sell within an hour or two of putting them up for sale, they will sell. The reason they dont sell straight away even if you sell at the same price you bought is because Jagex dont want people buying up everything and then controlling the market, they give it a while for the market to recover some. Six~Nine hours is usually a good margin :)

I have just managed to sell my stock and even though they have been selling well it is in fits and starts, that is to say they do not sell all at once but they might take a break for a couple of hours, this is me having just finally sold my stock and starting again.

2167432256_5f445908b8_o.png

Another point to make which could be quite handy is to take a screenshot of the common prices for a few days with date and time, that way you can recognise trends...

2166639677_8dcbbdce79_o.png

Whatever you do when you are trading is DO NOT jump on the bandwagon when prices are skyhigh because you are liable to lose everything when the price crashes as they always do. You will see pure essense really high on this picture, most of the profits are gone and even though they may rise still further, it is not worth it in the long term unless they constantly rise and fall 14gp in a day as they would have to for you to make the same level of profit.

Does anyone remember "Hunts Family Silver"?

You will have to figure out what to use but there is the general idea and as you can see, it works wonderfully.

Everything up to here has been added, not counting Spar's post. I am in the progress of rewording it. :P

My friend is writing the Hunter Section, hopefully by tomorrow. Fletching will be written by someone who offered earlier, in progress. Almost done with the guide!

Edited by Hawk

I have a few things that can b handy for this guide:

1. Now the wilderness is gone the chaos druids in Edgeville dungeon are great victims to gather herbs I even experienced that they're aggressive.

2. I didn't c anything about snape grass...

EDIT: It's snape grass not weed lol

Edited by Roy

remember now with the trade update i dont think u can run double nats anymore i think

great guide!!!!!!

remember now with the trade update i dont think u can run double nats anymore i think

great guide!!!!!!

Maybe with the skill swap thing?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.