Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Money Making Rewrite

remember now with the trade update i dont think u can run double nats anymore i think

great guide!!!!!!

Maybe with the skill swap thing?

To my knowledge, the Assist System would work with Nature and Law running. However, I haven't run either since the Assist System or trade system's revamping, so I'm not sure.

One of the problems using the assist system is the limit of xp per day and the range you can go from the assister.

Edited by Hawk

There needs to be a huge update on this. Law running, air running and nature running has gone dead, because of the 3k limit thing. Sad :aware:

Gargoyles require a Slayer level of 75 and are located at the Canifis Slayer Tower. In order to kill them, you need a Rock Hammer, which is used on them when their health is low. Gargoyles are primarily killed for their Granite Maul drop which can be sold for about 100,000gp.

The price for granite mauls has fallen drastically and they are now only worth 60K. Not a major error, but quite improtant if you were to go hunting gargoyles, then finding the drop is not worth as much as you thought. :aware:

When i last checked, g mauls were at 33k in G.E. :). But yeah i guess its better than nothing.

Fixed the Granite Maul prices, added the hunter section, adding the fletching section soon.

There is a new type of air running. It involves going to the air altar with 28 ess(yes, you need a tiara), assisting someone, them crafting the runes. Make sure you always have a tab or a window with the hiscores so you don't get ripped off.

There are three main ways of getting to the Nature Altar with your load of Pure Essence. One way is through the Abyss, but it is a popular place for player killers so beware.

(Under the double Nature Running)

Since there are no longer player killers in the wilderness, you will need to talk about Revenent Ghosts. :aware:

Awesome guide, good luck on getting it accepted, as I'm sure it will be! :)

There is a new type of air running. It involves going to the air altar with 28 ess(yes, you need a tiara), assisting someone, them crafting the runes. Make sure you always have a tab or a window with the hiscores so you don't get ripped off.

What would be the point of the sentence I underlined :aware:

An addition to the other section.

Swamp tar running

You can write it if you want, it is what it says. You go into Lumbridge swamp, pick up swamp tar, bank it and sell it.

Its very hard to make money fletching these days. Mage longs you lose about 10k on each however you can make about 60k a hour from yew longs. I can get you some pics and more info if you need it. Add me on RS

You can't cut maple logs at 40 woodcutting, you need 45.

Edited by Egghebrecht
read up, someone already mentioned that - Egghebrecht

Getting to the Chinchompa area can happen in a variety of ways, whether it be the gnome glider marked on the map (which requires previous access to the gnome gliders and the quest One Small Favour) or by fairy ring which requires access to Zanaris via the quest Lost City and at least the start of Fairytale Part 2 .

Change Fairytale to Fairy Tale.

-

The chisel is included in your basic equipment because you will most likely be at the Red Chinchompas for extended periods of time and will get many randoms. This way, when you get the mysterious box holding a gem, you can immediately turn that uncut gem into a cut one. Some people then drop the gems or turn them into bolt tips. It is really up to you. Either way it can give you a little crafting exp on the side instead of just dropping the uncut gems.

You mention having a chisel in your inventory, but in the picture of the inventory, there isn't one.

-

After catching the Chinchompas, you can sell them to other players for around 690 gp each. If you hunt many of these, they can be a great source of income.

My last price check on red chins put them at 776gp each :aware:

EDIT: Chins are currently 798gp each :) :/

Edited by Damaged500

Here's a great smithing method, and simple, too.

Requirements: 30 smithing

Mine or buy coal and iron, two times as much coal as iron. If you buy, it is okay to buy the ores and coal for top price. You'll still make a profit.

Smith at Al Kharid, or any other furnace of your choice.

Sell the steel bars for market price. That should be about 550gp.

Iron is generally around 90gp, and coal around 170gp.

90+170+170=430gp

550-430=120gp gain per bar. That's a profit margin of almost 20%, so you'll make a little less than 120% of what you started with. So, if you started with 100k, you will end with 120k. It might not be a ton, but the amount you make will rise exponentially.

For smithing add something about neitznot. It's a pretty close one to a bank, here's a map.

Also I may write a fletching section since I know a bit about fletching.

moneymakingtg1.png

[IMG=http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2807/moneymakingtg1.png]

EDIT: For your alching pics, high alchemy spell isn't at that spot, fifth row first from the left I Believe.

Edited by ZacharyB

In the smithing section, they moved all spells left one, cause they moved the Bounty Locate to 35 or w/e. SO you may want a new pic for high alching steel pl8s.

Just saw he said that ^^

Also, I dont belive air/nat/law running works the way you described it anymore.

Edited by Zephyr 2755

There are actually quite a few ways to make money by using Summoning.

The first method only requires level 10 Summoning. First, either buy or make one Spirit Spider Pouch and at least 10 Egg Spawn Scrolls. Summon the spider and then use the scrolls. They will cause eggs to spawn on the ground surrounding you. Red Spiders' Eggs sell for around 340 gp each on the Grand Exchange.

The second method requires level 23 Summoning. First, either buy or make one Albino Rat Pouch and at least 10 Cheese Fest Scrolls. Summon the rat and then use the scrolls. A piece of cheese will float above the rat's head, then disappear. After that happens, interact with the rat and withdraw the five cheese produced. Cheese sells for around 80 gp each on the Grand Exchange.

You say there are "...quite a few ways to make money by using Summoning" but you only mention two methods and neither seems to be that great :aware:

In the air running thing, it said "The Tiara is preferred since it won't take up an inventory space unlike the Tiara which does."

I think it should say "unlike the TALISMAN that does."

That was in the SECCOND paragraph of the w16 air running guide :aware:

btw. love the guide!

Edited by Jakerock109

An addition to the other section.

Swamp tar running

You can write it if you want, it is what it says. You go into Lumbridge swamp, pick up swamp tar, bank it and sell it.

that could actually b a good way to earn cash for complete member noobs. I would say its horrible until I see the price they sell for... :aware:

This is for the smithing guide.

Cannonballs

First, you need 34 smithing and must have completed Dwarf Cannon quest. Now, get the ores required to make steel bars (2 coal and 1 iron) and a cannonball mould. You can buy the ores, but you make more money by mining them. Your choice. Now, smith the ores into a furnace with the cannonball mould in your inventory. You now should have 4 cannonballs for each steel bar that would've been made in the furnace. Sell these in a populated world or in the Grand Exchange, and you have some profits. Cannonballs sell for about 160gp each, so 640gp is made per bar that would've been made. The bars only sell for around 550gp ea, so this makes a little more profit than just making bars.

I think that I got that. I haven't done c'balls forever :aware:

Edited by Jakerock109

What would be the point of the sentence I underlined :aware:

Because people will say "X9 assist" when they're only level 33 rcing :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.