Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Money Making Rewrite

There probably 2 good money making ways for smithing you could add. Steel bars/cannon balls and iron bars. Both are members

Im just gonna give a brief description so

For steel bars and cannon balls its pretty simple buy iron and 2x coal. Then go to your favorite smithing spot and smith. About 100 gp profit per bar. You can also make the steel bars into cannon balls. You get 4 cannon balls per steel bar and they sell for 160gp each. thats 640 gp instead of steel bars selling price or 540?(may be inacurate) So profit per 1k would be

80k+300k=380k total cost

1k steel bars 540k

540k-380k=160k profit

1k steel bars =4k cannon balls, 4k cannon balls=640k

640k-380k=260k profit

*making the bars into cannon balls takes a long time though and it may be faster just to sell the bars.

making iron bars is a even better way then steel bars that suprisingly brings better exp.

Ok, first buy 1k iron bars. Then take that number and divide it by 140. With 1k you get 7.1 round the number up and you get 8. buy that many rings of forging. Equip the ring of forging and once again Smith in your favoirite spot. With one ring of forging you can do exactly 5 trips asuming you have 28 iron per round. So lets work out the profits

80k(iron)+7,200(8 rings of forging)=87k

1k iron bars=200k

200k-87k=120k profit

While this method is not as profitable per 1k as the steel bars you will actually end up making more because you can only make 9 steel bars per inventory, but with this method you can make 28 iron. You can make more then 2k iron bars in the time it takes to make 1k steel.

Just something mabye you could add as you said you need more suggestions.

I see that you still don't have a section for fletching, so I can help a little with that.

You really can't make great money until 70 Fletching.

Stats Needed: 70 Fletching and 44 Runecrafting

Items Needed: Knife, Fire Staff

First you buy 1k Pure ess, which costs about 140-150k off the GE. The amount can differ depending on how much money you have. Craft the 1k ess into Nats. Then buy the same amount of yew logs as you did pure ess, and do the same for bowstrings/flax. You can buy flax to save money, but you will have to spin it. Once you have your Nats done, cut the yews into Yew Longbows. Then you can string with them with the bowstrings. Once you've done that, you can alch them.

It's recommended that you do not use this technique if you don't have 44 Runecrafting because you will not make a profit.

Here's the costs of everything.

1k Pure ess: 145k

1k Yew Logs: 380k

1k Bowstrings: 120k

Total Cost = 645k

1k alchs = 776k

Total Profit = 131k

Those prices are just estimates. They are not completely accurate.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. If you are going to submit a method, try to add pictures please. :aware:

I only need to check out how to run RuneCrafting and to add Sparkhawke's GE post and it will be finished. :aware:

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. If you are going to submit a method, try to add pictures please. :aware:

I only need to check out how to run RuneCrafting and to add Sparkhawke's GE post and it will be finished. :aware:

Add me to credits for fletching section? I still gotta check for typos and add links :)

Edited by ZacharyB

Steel Bars (under smithing section, I saw that it was still in progress)

Another good way to make money is to smelt steel bars. In order to do this, have at least enough money to buy reasonable amounts of both coal and iron ore. Always but twice as much coal as iron, for if you don't, you will not make the right amount of steel bars and you will have unwanted ores left over.

Begin off by heading to the Grand Exchange. Here you will buy any amounts of the coal and iron ore, but remember to get twice as much coal. (It can be recommended to buy 1k coal and 500 iron, because the cost is only about 250k.) Once you have bought the materials, head toward a furnace that is close to a bank. This can be Al Kharid (best place for freeplayers), Port Phsaymays, [insert other places here]. When you have arrived at the bank, withdraw 18 coal and 10 iron ore. When you go to the furnace, you will make 9 steel bars and have one iron ore left over. The iron ore is used as a placekeeper for later runs to the bank.

placerholderpq0.png

After smelting the first 9 bars, head back to the bank. Once again 18 coal and 10 iron ore. Repeat this process until wanted, or until you run out of materials.

When you have smelted all the bars you have wanted, head back to the Grand Exchange. Sell the bars you just made. After selling, you should realize you have made a profit. The percent of this profit is 33 percent! That means if you use 1 million gp for materials, you will receive 1.33 million gp in the end! Talk about a well made profit! Plus, you made a great deal of smithing experience!

Edited by Rizzo

This is in the yew longbow guide in fletch:

five times the amount of Nature Runes you have in Fire Runes

it should be:

five times the ammount of fire runes you have in nature runes

-jake helps again!!! :P

Under smithing, the picture needs to be updated because the spellbook has been updated and high level alchemy is in a different place.

The King Black Dragon is the second strongest dragon in RuneScape, and due to this, drops some of the best items. Their drops include Dragon Medium Helms which sell for 220,000-230,000gp, Dragonstones which sell for 50,000-60,000gp, Black Dragonhide which sells for 2,500-4,000gp, Dragon Bones which sell for 1,500-1,600gp each, and Level 3 Clue Scrolls. For more information on killing this dragon, see the King Black Dragon Hunting guide.

Dragons should be dragon and drop should be drops.

Steel Bars

Thanks, added. :/

This is in the yew longbow guide in fletch:

five times the amount of Nature Runes you have in Fire Runes

it should be:

five times the ammount of fire runes you have in nature runes

-jake helps again!!! :)

Fixed, thanks a bunch. :)

Under smithing, the picture needs to be updated because the spellbook has been updated and high level alchemy is in a different place.

Replaced the image. :aware:

The King Black Dragon is the second strongest dragon in RuneScape, and due to this, drops some of the best items. Their drops include Dragon Medium Helms which sell for 220,000-230,000gp, Dragonstones which sell for 50,000-60,000gp, Black Dragonhide which sells for 2,500-4,000gp, Dragon Bones which sell for 1,500-1,600gp each, and Level 3 Clue Scrolls. For more information on killing this dragon, see the King Black Dragon Hunting guide.

Dragons should be dragon and drop should be drops.

No.

GUIDE IS FINALLY COMPELTE :aware:

Edited by Hawk

I just thought that this section needed some organizing, so here you go :aware: (I've also revised some statements to make them more accurate):

(Under Mining, next to Iron Ore Method)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coal Method

Mining coal is one of the easiest and quickest ways to make money, and respawns approximately every 30 seconds. It can sell from 150-200 gp each, and is found in many different mines. Though you can mine it at level 30 mining, 40+ is advised so you are able to mine faster.

If you have a combat level of at least 29, I would recommend mining in the Dwarven Mines, where there are many coal rocks. It would be wise to wear armor, though, if your combat is lower than level 65 because there are many King Scorpions and scorpions in the area which hit quite high for their level. Another great mine is the Al Kharid mine. Just like the Dwarven Mines though, scorpions are around the rocks and wearing armor is recommended for lower-leveled players. Not too many coal rocks are in Al Kharid, but it's still a good choice because the Duel Arena bank is nearby. The south-western part of Lumbridge Swamp has another mine that contains a fair number of coal rocks and is somewhat close to a bank.

Once you reach 60 Mining, go to the Mining Guild, which contains 37 coal rocks. Even though it might get crowded at times, there are so many rocks there that you won't have to worry about fighting with one another for coal.

Crandor Isle may be far away from a bank, but don't be discouraged to go try to mine coal at that location. You'll get virtually no competition even on the most populated worlds.

Another good place to mine coal is just west of Seer's Village. There are coal trucks, which when fully loaded hold 120 coal, which let you transport coal to a place near the Seer's Village bank.

Mithril ore method

Mithril ore is another great ore to mine, which requires at least 55 Mining. Mithril can be sold from 150-400 gp each, which is great money if you add it all up. Mithril is located in many mines but mines that stand out are the Mining Guild, Lumbrige Swamp, and Crandor.

The Mining Guild has 5 mithril rocks which are also close to a bank. However, you will get a lot of competition, so this area is not recommended.

Southwest of the Lumbridge Swamp is a mine containing five mithril rocks and are usually open for mining. Since this place is not very well-known, you will get little competition while mining your ores.

On Crandor Isle, there are at least six mithril rocks that are almost always open, so take advantage of this and mine them! Mithril ore takes at least two minutes to respawn, though, so you might want to do something else while waiting for those rocks to respawn. World hopping is also a good way to increase your mining speed.

Adamantite ore method

Adamantite ores are a bit harder to get than other ores, but they sell from 1000-1500 gp, which can bring you with a large sum of cash if you mine many of them. They can be mined at level 70 Mining. Adamantite ore can be found in the Dwarven Mines just outside the underground entrance to the Mining Guild. The area south-west of Lumbridge Swamp also has two rocks of adamantite ore. On Crandor Island, there are three adamantite ore rocks that are almost never mined as well and are great and almost always open for a miner.

Note: If you are looking to stock up in a lot of ores it would be wise to world hop since adamantite ores take at least four minutes to respawn.

Runite ore method

Mining runite makes much more money than many other skills, and sells for a whopping 12,000 gp each! It's possible to make up to 1 million gp per hour, believe it or not. For mining runite, it is strongly suggested to world hop because ores take 12-30 minutes to respawn. For F2P, runite ores are located only in level 46 wilderness near the Lava Maze. Members can mine runite at the Heroes' Guild and the Lava Maze Dungeon. However, mining runite isn't the easiest thing to do. If you're not careful, you can die in a flash. Beware of revenants if you are taking any wilderness routes!

Things you need to mine runite: F2P

*85 mining

*Bronze Pickaxe or better

What to Wear: Two Outfit and choices

Oufit 1

Rune Full Helmet

Rune Plate Body

Rune Plate Legs

Rune Kiteshield

Power Amulet or Holy Symbol

Leather Boots/Fighting boots/Fancy boots

Any Cape

Dragon Hide Vambs

Pickaxe wielded

Outfit 2

Rune Full Helmet

Dragon Hide Body

Dragon Hide chaps

Rune Kiteshield

Power Amulet

Leather boots/Fighting Boots/Fancy boots

Any cape

Dragon Hide Vambs

Pickaxe wielded

Inventory: Carry about 10-20 lobsters, and make room for the ores. As you mine more, eat or drop some of the lobsters to make more space to mine runite. The idea is to have many lobsters in case you are under attack by a revenant. Mine until two lobsters are left then head back to the bank located near Bounty Hunter for easy, close, and fast storage.

If under attack by a revenant, turn on the prayer needed for the type of attack it is using. If you do not have 37+ prayer run away immediately, since some revenants hit as high as 30! Always run a far distance and log out. Remember, these ghosts are known to follow people for several screen lengths.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this is a little late :aware:

Edited by nrox653

Amulets of Glories

This makes no sense whatsoever. Read it aloud to yourself and hear how ridiculous it sounds. Say "Glory Amulets" or "Amulets of Glory".

get there Fletching level up

You want to use "their", not "there".

This guide shows how to grow them using the Troll Stronghold patch

Make the link for clicking on "This guide".

Once you complete Garden Of Tranquillity, you are giving a super compost potion

Eh? "...you are giving a super compost potion"? Say "Once you complete [link]Garden of Tranquility[/link], you can use super compost potions."

Just a few last corrections.

EDIT:Added a few more.

Edited by Mephistopheles

I like this guide, but cheese sells for 120 gp, and is good money when you just go to Port Sarim buy some cheese run to Draynor Village and bank it and so on.

I like this guide, but cheese sells for 120 gp, and is good money when you just go to Port Sarim buy some cheese run to Draynor Village and bank it and so on.

Thanks for the price check, but using the rat in a bank is much faster than running from the shop to Draynor Village.

ranarr seeds are 18-22k

P pots are 5-6k for a (3) dose

Does

prices in this guide may not be the items actual current price

make any sense to you?

ranarr seeds are 18-22k

P pots are 5-6k for a (3) dose

Does

prices in this guide may not be the items actual current price

make any sense to you?

As long as this guide hasn't been accepted yet, you can still correct it. :aware: Thanks for the corrections, jmb800.

When you have the desired amount of Steel Platebodies, it's now time to High Alch them. This is the best inventory set up, as this way you can click on the same spot without having to move your mouse. The Platebodies also have to be noted.

Using Superheat to Make Money

The Superheat (Level-43 Magic required) item spell costs more than to smelt your ores. However, it is a potential way to train magic, making it popular.

Start off by Mining 100 or more Iron ore. Then Mine 200 or more coal. (A Steel bar requires 1 iron and 2 coal). You can make a profit as long as you mine the iron, and at least 1 coal per bar. Of course, if you mine it all, you'll make even more money! When Superheating, your inventory should include 100 or more Nature runes, 9 iron ore, and 18 coal.

Here is an equasion decribing the Superheat spell profit method:

600-(180+290)=130

600 - how much Steel bars sell for

180 - price of 1 Coal

290 - price of 1 Nature rune

The above method requires you to mine 1 Iron ore and 1 Coal per bar.

600-(290)=310

600 - how much Steel bars sell for

290 - price of one Nature rune

The above method requires you to mine 1 Iron ore and 2 Coal per bar.

600-(80+180+290)=50

600 - how much steel bars sell for

80 - price of 1 Iron ore

180 - price of 1 Coal

The above method requires you to mine 1 Coal per bar.

600-(80+290)=230

600 - how much steel bars sell for

80 - price of 1 Iron ore

The above method requires you to mine 2 Coal per bar.

-Insomnia

Edited by Insomnia

Added/corrected to all posts up to here. Thanks to Insomnia for writing the Superheat Ore section. :aware:

Just noticed the Musa Point fishing pic had the 2 at the wrong place. Here:

musapointiz6.png

I've also added a path for the extremely confused :aware:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.