Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Money Making Rewrite

In the part where you say you make 3 times the profit from tanned hides, you most certainly do not. Cowhide is like, around 100 ea and leather sells for about 148 ea. I figured out selling steel bars is a better f2p money maker. Buy twice the coal as you plan on for iron and smelt into steel bars then sell for roughly 200gp profit each bar.

Thanks, fixed the price mess-up.

Wow, this looks excellent! By far, this is the most extensive money making guide I've seen... there tons of info in here and I'm sure it will be very helpful to everyone looking for the best way to make money. Nice work, Hawk! :)

-Accepted- :aware:

Gratz on getting the guide accepted! Finally about time after a long while. Now there won't (hopefully) be many topics on how to make lots of money. :aware:

~Hybrid :)

Edited by Hybrid Guy19

Wow, this looks excellent! By far, this is the most extensive money making guide I've seen... there tons of info in here and I'm sure it will be very helpful to everyone looking for the best way to make money. Nice work, Hawk! :P

Also thank these other forum members for help compiling and writing it. :)

Damaged500, Cxkslei, Monte Kyle, Sparhawke, SpiderPig, Simple013, Evolution, Tantalizingg, Baker649.

I also want to thank the very extensive Special Thanks list. It was all in all, a huge group project. :s Finally done. :)

Edited by Hawk

Wow, this looks excellent! By far, this is the most extensive money making guide I've seen... there tons of info in here and I'm sure it will be very helpful to everyone looking for the best way to make money. Nice work, Hawk! :P

Also thank these other forum members for help compiling and writing it. :)

Damaged500, Cxkslei, Monte Kyle, Sparhawke, SpiderPig, Simple013, Evolution, Tantalizingg, Baker649.

I also want to thank the very extensive Special Thanks list. It was all in all, a huge group project. :s Finally done. :)

This guide has the most writers and special thanks of any guide ever! Congrats to everyone who contributed both as writers and special thanks for finally getting this behemoth finished!

congratz evryone who participated! Sorry i didnt contribute because all i knew about making money was already in the guide. With this great guide evryone will be rich :aware: . Anyways great guide. 100/10 :)

Glad it's finally been accepted :aware:

This'll be a great addition to the site, well done everyone.

~Baker

Go to the Heroes' Guild and charge all of your uncharged Glories.

If you have a Geyser titan pouch and the ability to summon it, you can use the glories with it to charge them.

Go to the Heroes' Guild and charge all of your uncharged Glories.

If you have a Geyser titan pouch and the ability to summon it, you can use the glories with it to charge them.

Added that interesting bit in there, even though someone with 89 Summoning wouldn't need to know how to make money. :aware:

Start off by Mining 100 or more Iron ore. Then Mine 200 or more coal. (A Steel bar requires 1 iron and 2 coal). You can make a profit as long as you mine the iron, and at least 1 coal per bar. Of course, if you mine it all, you'll make even more money! When Superheating, your inventory should include 100 or more Nature runes, 9 iron ore, and 18 coal.

Here is an equasion decribing the Superheat spell profit method:

600-(180+290)=130

Isn't the underlined text supposed to be: equation not equasion.

~Hybrid :wizard:

Just a suggestion, but would it make sense to have something about making money through the GX? Or would that go in its own guide all together? :aware:

Nice job getting this massive project accepted :)

It is now actually impossible to make money with cooking because all raws are either the same or more than that of the cooked fish. I highly regret getting 70 cooking now :aware:

Start off by Mining 100 or more Iron ore. Then Mine 200 or more coal. (A Steel bar requires 1 iron and 2 coal). You can make a profit as long as you mine the iron, and at least 1 coal per bar. Of course, if you mine it all, you'll make even more money! When Superheating, your inventory should include 100 or more Nature runes, 9 iron ore, and 18 coal.

600-(180+290)=130

~Hybrid ;)

Fixed the spelling, might have been a British spelling, not sure though. :ph34r:

Just a suggestion, but would it make sense to have something about making money through the GX? Or would that go in its own guide all together? :wizard:

Nice job getting this massive project accepted ^_^

The main reason I didn't add that is because I am horrible at it. :o

If someone would write a guide, or take Sparhawke's post and take better pictures, I would gladly add it in.

It is now actually impossible to make money with cooking because all raws are either the same or more than that of the cooked fish. I highly regret getting 70 cooking now :o

You shouldn't be mad for getting a skill up. Besides, Cooking shouldn't have taken that long to get 70.

This is a very minor spelling error, but it is a spelling error nonetheless.

This area is quite a bit smaller and can usually fit 2 people at the max but 1 is recommended there are quite a few plants in the way, and larpuria wandering around, although they cant hurt you they are kind of distracting..at least to me..

Larpuria should be larupia, it might be to late since this guide is submitted, but oh well :).

Apart from that, you have an excellent guide, looks like a lot of work was put into it, congratulations on getting it accepted :aware:

Edited by sythe453

You can still make corrections, I just have to post after it to tell Sal I updated the guide. :aware:

600-(180+290)=130

~Hybrid ;)

Fixed the spelling, might have been a British spelling, not sure though. :ph34r:

Just a suggestion, but would it make sense to have something about making money through the GX? Or would that go in its own guide all together? :wizard:

Nice job getting this massive project accepted ^_^

The main reason I didn't add that is because I am horrible at it. :o

If someone would write a guide, or take Sparhawke's post and take better pictures, I would gladly add it in.

It is now actually impossible to make money with cooking because all raws are either the same or more than that of the cooked fish. I highly regret getting 70 cooking now :o

You shouldn't be mad for getting a skill up. Besides, Cooking shouldn't have taken that long to get 70.

I just see it as being pointless because i can't make money off the skill anymore. My main point was that you should take cooking sharks off the ways to make money because you can no longer do so.

It's not too incrediby hard, and I'd be happy to write it for you. Gimme like a day or so? It shouldn't take too long :)

EDIT: Crap, just deleted most of it :aware:

Edited by Entrility

You can still make corrections, I just have to post after it to tell Sal I updated the guide. :aware:

I was planning on doing that after the guide was a part of the site itself, but I guess you took care of it!

Do I get credit for it :)

Edit- Just checked the guide itself, and I got credit for it :wub:! Glad I could help, Hawk! :ice:

Edited by sythe453

Once you have several keys, it's recommended that you start going into the dungeon, and fighting higher leveled Shades, while collect their remains to burn for better key rewards. Higher level Shades use higher leveled Logs, but the higher level the Key, the better the rewards can be. The chests yields anything from Swamp Tar to a Rune Scimitar. The primary reward you are looking for is Fine Cloth. This can be obtained from any level chest and can be sold for up to 10,000gp per piece.
8eupd00.png

Fix the link, linking to 'Fine Cloth' in Sal's Item Database. This is the last paragraph before the "Woodcutting" section.

Change From: http://../itemdb/ViewItem.php?ItemID=1188

To: http://www.runescape.salmoneus.net/itemdb/...php?ItemID=1188

~20jos :aware:

Edited by 20jos

An easy crafting option is crafting through the Abyss. An easy way to do this, if your Construction Level is high enough, is to hang an Amulet of Glory inside your house, and use the House Teleport spell after you have crafted your Nature Runes through the Abyss, and then use the hung Amulet of Glory in the house to teleport back to Edgeville for another round.

I was just wondering, why have you not said that you can simply wear a Glory Amulet into the Abyss, isn't that easier than having to teleport to your House, then using your glory to teleport to Edgeville?

Why do you still have the shark method up as a way of making money, it is impossible now that prices have changed!

Why do you still have the shark method up as a way of making money, it is impossible now that prices have changed!

Changed it around to say the only possible way to make money with cooking is to fish it yourself.

I found an error in smithing in the steel bars part. It says "make sure to but twice as much coal as iron"

It should be

"make sure to BUY twice as much coal as iron".

-helping again, Jake

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.