Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
King Kracker

Rage Against The Rap Crap

In Flames are a great band, they may have been lacking in the album quality (the first few were amazing) but there's no need to bash them really.

Also Arch Enemy are Swedish! Where do you think Carcass came from!? SWEDEN! Arch Enemy are driven straight off the melodeath movement of the 90's, which At the Gates really started :thumbs:. Anyway.. I do understand the bashing of the sellout or 'lack of talent' bands but ones that define genres.. wtf?

In Flames are a great band, they may have been lacking in the album quality (the first few were amazing) but there's no need to bash them really.

Also Arch Enemy are Swedish! Where do you think Carcass came from!? SWEDEN! Arch Enemy are driven straight off the melodeath movement of the 90's, which At the Gates really started :thumbs:. Anyway.. I do understand the bashing of the sellout or 'lack of talent' bands but ones that define genres.. wtf?

Seems like alot of the melodeath stuff and screamo is coming from Sweden nowadays.....(the good ones anyway) I understand that rock and metal is heavier across seas? I'm from the US BTW

BTW Serj Tankien DOES suck

If you like SOAD then Serj is the only half-decent person on that band.

I mean I don't really listen to any SOAD but he was pretty good on Wyclef Jean's song Riot.

BTW Serj Tankien DOES suck

If you like SOAD then Serj is the only half-decent person on that band.

I mean I don't really listen to any SOAD but he was pretty good on Wyclef Jean's song Riot.

No, when i said Serj sucks, i only meant in his "one-man-band" if you will... He is good in SOAD, but alone, it seems that he is lacking or missing something, ya know?. Maybe it is the musicians, possibly the other singer dude(Daron i think is his name?)

In Flames aren't popular at all, they've only won three Grammis.

I would listen to Serj's solo act.

Here are some SOAD lyrics:

MY C**K IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOURS.

MY C**K CAN WALK RIGHT THROUGH THE DOOR.

Edited by Billy Corgan

Dear God KK, you are a fudgeing moron who knows absolutely nothing about metal. There is hardly anything about In Flames that makes them death at all. In Flames and Arch Enemy aren't that unknown. This kind of stuff really erks me when people call stuff like CoB, In Flames, Arch Enemy, and Norther death metal. Listen to Deicide, listen to Norther, notice a difference? Yeah, I thought so. People here really need to stop using Wikipedia for information on music.

I don't think SOAD is bad. I enjoy listening to them. However, I would never say they are in the same league as Pantera. End of conversation.

EDIT: BTW ttttt, let's not get into the whole CoB argument again. It's been settled on another forum.

Edited by Thebasswizard

Only three grammis? When you're winning awards (and on guitar hero for that matter) you're popular.

Also Arch Enemy are Swedish! Where do you think Carcass came from!? SWEDEN! Arch Enemy are driven straight off the melodeath movement of the 90's, which At the Gates really started >.<. Anyway.. I do understand the bashing of the sellout or 'lack of talent' bands but ones that define genres.. wtf?

Seems like alot of the melodeath stuff and screamo is coming from Sweden nowadays.....(the good ones anyway) I understand that rock and metal is heavier across seas? I'm from the US BTW

Check out 'The Absence' a great USA band.

Btw the way check out 'rateyourmusic.com' instead of Wikipedia :P.

Dear God KK, you are a fudgeing moron who knows absolutely nothing about metal. There is hardly anything about In Flames that makes them death at all. In Flames and Arch Enemy aren't that unknown. This kind of stuff really erks me when people call stuff like CoB, In Flames, Arch Enemy, and Norther death metal. Listen to Deicide, listen to Norther, notice a difference? Yeah, I thought so. People here really need to stop using Wikipedia for information on music.

It's hard to defy either of those bands by one genre. They actually evolve, as opposed to other bands we're discussing here.

Only three grammis? When you're winning awards (and on guitar hero for that matter) you're popular.

Sorry for not making sarcasm obvious. >.<

OK, obviously, noone understood my comment about The Who. I wasnt talking about them not being a "stepping stone" or anything, i thought we were in the nu metal league, seeings as we were talking about Pantera and SOAD.(BTW, they are in the same league,genuises, look it up....)And, i dont judge bands because of popularity, have u ever heard of "In Flames" i dont think so.....I go on tour with them and they are one of the best screamo/death metal bands ive heard in a long time and only like 8,000(tops) people arrive. Also, its not "MY" kind of people who are killing rock, its you. I think I can say that if you dont consider Pantera and SOAD pantheons in rock legend, you obviously arent listening to the right kind of rock, which we talked about earlier.... Lastly, all those bands (Disturbed, Korn, Godsmack, etc..)I only like for the drum/guitar solos which i clearly posted a while ago, So please, dont make false accusations...So, now that i've CLEARLY posted what i think, I think u suck.(BTW, plz tell me what YOU listen to)...

Oh and Queen rocks...

.:.:.king.:.:.

In flames death metal?

Even more stupid, screamo? Pfff.

Bring me the horizon

Annotations of an Autopsy

About a Plane Crash

Now thats what i would call screamo.

Edited by Crayon

In flames death metal?

Um yeah. Listen to the early In Flames, it's melodic death metal. They got the idea from the first bands like At the Gates or Carcass (well they took the sound on later) still you get me.. right?.

Sorry for not making sarcasm obvious. :aware:

Oh, my bad. With the complete lack of music knowledge in this thread I figured you were just stupid.

Ha, other people argueing for once....Anyway, yes, In Flames ARE pretty good. I've heard Annotations of an Autopsy, yeah theyre about the same heavieness as In Flames, I've also noticed that Billy posted here are SOME SOAD lyrics, those are the first two lines of the song "CIGARO", smart one......Also, Serj doesnt sing about that crap, only Daron(most of the time cuz he only wants to make himself feel better :aware: ) Serj as a matter of fact, is somewhat religious(yea funny, i know). And BTW in GH3, In Flames and Killswitch are pretty mutch the only good bands in the Bonus section(I have the PS2 version). And, if In Flames arent that popular, how come almost everyone on here knows who they are, even though they cant even sell half a concert?

Think.........

PS, Crayon, sorry if i made the simple mistake of calling a melodeath band, death metal...Yep, pretty sorry if i offended you there....

Ha, other people argueing for once....Anyway, yes, In Flames ARE pretty good. I've heard Annotations of an Autopsy, yeah theyre about the same heavieness as In Flames, I've also noticed that Billy posted here are SOME SOAD lyrics, those are the first two lines of the song "CIGARO", smart one......Also, Serj doesnt sing about that crap, only Daron(most of the time cuz he only wants to make himself feel better :P ) Serj as a matter of fact, is somewhat religious(yea funny, i know). And BTW in GH3, In Flames and Killswitch are pretty mutch the only good bands in the Bonus section(I have the PS2 version). And, if In Flames arent that popular, how come almost everyone on here knows who they are, even though they cant even sell half a concert?

Think.........

PS, Crayon, sorry if i made the simple mistake of calling a melodeath band, death metal...Yep, pretty sorry if i offended you there....

No one ever said they aren't popular. And it's all relative. Their last two albums charted, so they aren't really as underground as you think.

Screamo is Alexisonfire and Circle Takes The Square. Just to clear things up.

Edited by Thebasswizard

Ha, other people argueing for once....Anyway, yes, In Flames ARE pretty good. I've heard Annotations of an Autopsy, yeah theyre about the same heavieness as In Flames, I've also noticed that Billy posted here are SOME SOAD lyrics, those are the first two lines of the song "CIGARO", smart one......Also, Serj doesnt sing about that crap, only Daron(most of the time cuz he only wants to make himself feel better :P ) Serj as a matter of fact, is somewhat religious(yea funny, i know). And BTW in GH3, In Flames and Killswitch are pretty mutch the only good bands in the Bonus section(I have the PS2 version). And, if In Flames arent that popular, how come almost everyone on here knows who they are, even though they cant even sell half a concert?

Think.........

It's because In Flames made the melodeath genre popular for one. If I said At the Gates to you, you won't know who they are but they did start what In Flames took and just developed into a more commercial sound.

Killswitch Engage just stole stuff from At the Gates, so I refuse to listen to them, and I hate all things metalcore anywho :P.

Think.........

It's because In Flames made the melodeath genre popular for one. If I said At the Gates to you, you won't know who they are but they did start what In Flames took and just developed into a more commercial sound.

Killswitch Engage just stole stuff from At the Gates, so I refuse to listen to them, and I hate all things metalcore anywho :P.

At The Gates, Dark Tranquility, and In Flames are the 3 that made melodic "death" metal.

If you're looking for originality, metal isn't exactly the best place to look. ^_^

Think.........

Haha, really? I never realized that... Anyway, not ytrying to be a jerk wiz, but Billy Corgan DID say that they arent popular. And ive never heard of "At the Gates", are they good?

Edited by King Kracker

Think.........

Haha, really? I never realized that... Anyway, not ytrying to be a jerk wiz, but Billy Corgan DID say that they arent popular. And ive never heard of "At the Gates", are they good?

No it's fine I don't really care if someone said they're not popular. I'm just trying to educate (if I can ^_^). At the Gates are good but maybe a bit too heavy for most people. Find a song called 'Kingdom Gone' or 'Blinded by Fear'.

:P Man, i'm into the heavy stuff! If anyone else has some underground bands that are good, hook me up! :P

I'll post some Youtube links then, At the Gates are similar to In Flames, but more on the death metal style, especially the early stuff.

Blinded by Fear

Kingdom Gone

If no one likes them, I don't really mind each taste to their own really.

Think.........

Actually, I was being sarcastic.