Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
snl2549

Speaker Tip.

I don't know exactly where this belongs.

Recently, I had trouble with my laptop. Youtube videos will play fine, but then spontaneously freeze after two seconds, and all sound will not work. I thought it was a sound card problem, and that is yet to be fixed.

However, I tried switching speakers. I got new JBL Creature II speakers for christmas, with this huge subwoofer. (Well, for a LAPTOP PC, yes.) But it was not working, and only the small satellites would work. I tried to check all connections, and even almost returned the speaker!

But the reason was, in the beginning, I pushed all the dials, Bass And Treble on the subwoofer to the + side. I thought this would give a huge sound, but it actually killed it all. I had to move it to the - side, and it is fixed!

This thing blasts a TON of air. Papers on my desk actually move with this thing. IT's like one of those AirZooka's. It makes a nasty farting noise too, sometimes when it's too high.

-Sean

Bass=those really low noises

Treble=those really high noises

What were you thinking when you turned them both to max??? :rolleyes:

I looked up the speakers you were talking about, and it's rated at 40 Watts. Are you putting your sub-woofer next to papers on your desk or something?

I have a sub woofer on one of my computers. It actually gets annoying with the thump thump when you're trying to type...let alone move your mouse steadily :D

Snl, you have a lot of things you need to work out :P

:greenhat:

You're supposed to put the subwoofer on the floor :aware:

When you do that, the vibrations transfer better, and you get the epic floor and/or house shaking that people have come to expect from a good 'woofer.

Edited by Ubel