Sal's RuneScape Forum
KoG Falsetto XS

Sal's Call Of Duty Chat

MW2 tries very hard to remind me why I loved CoD 4 so much and why I hate MW2 so much. Every time I feel like playing it again, I get the same reminder... I get killed 6 times without seeing a weapon other than the ACR, UMP or AA12. People abuse the flashbangs beyond belief, every game starts out with a tube duel and camping with Akimbo G18s seems to be the norm.

In CoD 4, you can still see people using different weapons, such as the M60, M249, RPD, G36, M4A1, AK47, R700, M21, SVD, P90, MP5 and AKS-74U. You can find those weapons in every round, while in MW2 it seems that nearly everyone is using a UMP (automatic sniper rifle), ACR (automatic sniper rifle, but fires faster than UMP), Rangers (automatic kill at close range) and noob tubes (generally an automatic kill).

I'm done with this game.

Right there with you dude. Haven't played the game for about a week and popped it back in tonight. Within 10 minutes I was yelling WTF from the huge amounts of bullshizzle. Good thing Halo Reach is coming out soon. Gonna sell MW2 to get it. Hell, I'd sell it right now if it wasn't 2AM here.

Give it to me, I'll sell it for a... price.

15-4 SnD Quarry. What made it all the better was that I was playing with my mates and we were all using this class:

Silenced SMG

M1014

Marathon

Lightweight

Ninja

Throwing knife

All we did was rush with the M10 and make the other team rage. I also got a 5 man clutch. :huh: We did surprisingly well, going unbeaten every match (until I left, idk from there) even on Wasteland.

Edit: It helped them rage further when we sang 'this is how we do it' every time one of us made a good kill.

Edited by Kemosabe

MW2 tries very hard to remind me why I loved CoD 4 so much and why I hate MW2 so much. Every time I feel like playing it again, I get the same reminder... I get killed 6 times without seeing a weapon other than the ACR, UMP or AA12. People abuse the flashbangs beyond belief, every game starts out with a tube duel and camping with Akimbo G18s seems to be the norm.

In CoD 4, you can still see people using different weapons, such as the M60, M249, RPD, G36, M4A1, AK47, R700, M21, SVD, P90, MP5 and AKS-74U. You can find those weapons in every round, while in MW2 it seems that nearly everyone is using a UMP (automatic sniper rifle), ACR (automatic sniper rifle, but fires faster than UMP), Rangers (automatic kill at close range) and noob tubes (generally an automatic kill).

I'm done with this game.

I agree, I would go on CoD 4 more but 2 reasons: The graphics aren't that great on CoD 4 and the perks aren't the best, compared to MW2(Excluding Commando and danger close).

At least all perks in CoD4 are balanced.... Other than martyrdom.

I'm done with this game.

I agree, I would go on CoD 4 more but 2 reasons: The graphics aren't that great on CoD 4 and the perks aren't the best, compared to MW2(Excluding Commando and danger close).

I would go on CoD4 more but I don't go on it for the same reason I hardly go on old football games. I couldn't play Fifa 06, or 09 now, I'm used to the Fifa world up game. I'm used to Mw2, not Cod4. That said, I've only been on Mw2 for about an hour since May-time :huh:

I'm done with this game.

I really don't give a shizzle about graphics. MW2 ones weren't cutting edge anyway, and I have everything turned up to maximum on my PC.

CoD 4 was so much better in terms of balance. All of the guns were actually worth using, in MW2 you can use the UMP from level 1-70. Or you can tube for easy challenges.

@Scrum: Yeah, I've found more enjoyment playing strategy games recently.

How to Fix MW2

-Make it so that noob tubes require the first perk slot like in CoD 4. That will stop people from getting more than two grenades.

-Nerf Danger Close.

-Get rid of Rangers and Models. You're not going to find those weapons in the arsenal of any fighting force, sophisticated or simplistic. They're museum weapons.

-Nerf the ACR by increasing its recoil (its rate of fire will magnify the recoil)

-Nerf the UMP by increasing its recoil (it fires .45 rounds) and making it significantly weaker at long range

-Make all weapons except sniper rifles weak at long range

-Remove Akimbo from the G18

Edited by theking1322

I'm done with this game.

I really don't give a shizzle about graphics. MW2 ones weren't cutting edge anyway, and I have everything turned up to maximum on my PC.

Sort've agree. It depends. Sometimes I want to have pure sex for my eyes so I play Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2, not Mw2. Mw2s graphics are ok for a game, however I prefer the brightened environment in that game to Cod4.

Recently I've been more enjoying say Fallout 3 (:3), Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and PES 2009 (project with my friends :L)

I'm done with this game.

Sort've agree. It depends. Sometimes I want to have pure sex for my eyes so I play Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2, not Mw2. Mw2s graphics are ok for a game, however I prefer the brightened environment in that game to Cod4.

Recently I've been more enjoying say Fallout 3 (:3), Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and PES 2009 (project with my friends :L)

Yeah, but my point is that graphics are not a substitute for solid, fun gameplay. Hearts of Iron III is one of my favorite games and it doesn't have any 3D graphics, just a map with NATO-style unit symbols, like this:

150px-Dywizja_wiki_niebieski.svg.png

(That's the symbol for the "1st Legions" Infantry Division)

Graphics can be great to look at but it's the gameplay that keeps you coming back. And MW2 doesn't deliver.

Edited by theking1322

I'm done with this game.

Yeah, but my point is that graphics are not a substitute for solid, fun gameplay. Hearts of Iron III is one of my favorite games and it doesn't have any 3D graphics, just a map with NATO-style unit symbols, like this:

150px-Dywizja_wiki_niebieski.svg.png

(That's the symbol for the "1st Legions" Infantry Division)

Graphics can be great to look at but it's the gameplay that keeps you coming back. And MW2 doesn't deliver.

I agree. The good thing is, both the games I mentioned are really fun to play. :huh:

Mw2 was fun to play for a while. Then a mixture of the novelty wearing thin, an overload with it, and too many people being idiots online killed it.

I hope Black Ops will be good, but will I be surprised if it flops? No, mostly because of the fanbase of Call of Duty games now. No other games have that many lunatics online.

I would play cod4 more, but with a smaller population, it's hard to find a game with less than a 130 ms ping. Aka, host wrecks you.

I got turned on by host just 2 days ago. I jumped a corner and shot host in the back with an MP5. He turns around so I start strafing and he kills me first. Guy didn't take one bullet despite me shooting him for about 8 seconds at <1 meters range.

Edited by cjgone

Raging right now because I got deranked when searching for a game and landed up in a 10th lobby. :huh: I'll actively look for a free 10th now just so I can have my stats, titles and emblems back.

I would play cod4 more, but with a smaller population, it's hard to find a game with less than a 130 ms ping. Aka, host wrecks you.

I got turned on by host just 2 days ago. I jumped a corner and shot host in the back with an MP5. He turns around so I start strafing and he kills me first. Guy didn't take one bullet despite me shooting him for about 8 seconds at <1 meters range.

Lol that's why dedicated servers rule and consoles suck :huh:

I made a new CoD 4 profile. 2.0 K/D ftw.

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Make it so that noob tubes require the first perk slot like in CoD 4. That will stop people from getting more than two grenades.

-Nerf Danger Close.

-Get rid of Rangers and Models. You're not going to find those weapons in the arsenal of any fighting force, sophisticated or simplistic. They're museum weapons.

-Nerf the ACR by increasing its recoil (its rate of fire will magnify the recoil)

-Nerf the UMP by increasing its recoil (it fires .45 rounds) and making it significantly weaker at long range

-Remove Akimbo. CoD is supposed to be about special forces, and you won't find any special forces using two guns at the same time

Edited by theking1322

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Nerf Danger Close.

-Remove Akimbo. CoD is supposed to be about special forces, and you won't find any special forces using two guns at the same time

Unfortunately, that list is now 'How to make MW3s online if you take MW2s online and strip it down'.

When MW3 is made, they might well do that, but they'll add something else easily exploited. It's just the problem with one hit wonder game developers I suppose.

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Nerf Danger Close.

Unfortunately, that list is now 'How to make MW3s online if you take MW2s online and strip it down'.

When MW3 is made, they might well do that, but they'll add something else easily exploited. It's just the problem with one hit wonder game developers I suppose.

I agree, it's just a video game anyways, doesn't need to be realistic. I definitely like the noob tube thing though

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Nerf Danger Close.

Meh, I would go for other changes instead:

UMP needs a 40-20 damage drop and the recoil can be the same.

ACR needs a lower RPM like 700 and I could probably live with it.

Scar-h needs a nerf too.

And ARS should have sway .

Edited by cjgone

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Nerf Danger Close.

I agree, it's just a video game anyways, doesn't need to be realistic. I definitely like the noob tube thing though

No it doesn't need to be realistic, but it needs to be playable, which frankly, Modern Warfare 2 is not close to being at the moment.

Realistic games aren't always great either, SOCOM Confrontation isn't that much fun and it's relatively realistic. It's really satisfying when you go on a streak though :3

I feel naturally cynical about Call of Duty games now, which can only be a good thing; it lowers my expectations and allows me to enjoy the good points.

Good setup for just about any game type:

Tar-21 w/Shotgun or any other attachment

AA-12

Sleight of Hand

Hardline

Ninja

KS: Predator Missle, Attack Helicopter, AC-130.

You should probably switch out SoH for OMA though, for more ammo.

Good setup for just about any game type:

Tar-21 w/Shotgun or any other attachment

AA-12

Sleight of Hand

Hardline

Ninja

KS: Predator Missle, Attack Helicopter, AC-130.

You should probably switch out SoH for OMA though, for more ammo.

I like rolling with the good 'ole...

Any assault rifle- Pro pipes

Thumper or RPGs (if you don't use OMA)

Semtex

Flash bangs or Stuns

OMA or Scavenger, pro versions of course

Danger close, doesn't matter if pro or not

Commando pro

Kill Streaks: Pred, Harriers, Chopper gunner

Why not eh? Games already broken, community is garbage, and it's no fun anymore unless you mess around and make people mad.

I've played by the rules far too long so I don't care anymore, I'll probably tube till black ops comes out.

I'd start playing another game but every other game I have is pretty much dead in terms of online community, which makes it a waste of time to try and find games. But it's my birthday on Sunday and Halo Reach (September), Dead Rising 2 (October) and Black Ops (November) are coming out soon. :huh:

Here's my idea:

How to Fix MW2

-Nerf Danger Close.

No it doesn't need to be realistic, but it needs to be playable, which frankly, Modern Warfare 2 is not close to being at the moment.

Realistic games aren't always great either, SOCOM Confrontation isn't that much fun and it's relatively realistic. It's really satisfying when you go on a streak though :3

I feel naturally cynical about Call of Duty games now, which can only be a good thing; it lowers my expectations and allows me to enjoy the good points.

IW isn't a "One Hit Wonder" devhouse. Before Call of Duty 4, they developed two other hit games, CoD 2 and CoD 1. Those were plain epic.

MW2 doesn't need to be very realistic and even if we take Akimbo away, it will be very arcadey. If you want to see real video game realism, look up some of the gameplay videos from ArmA. That is realism. You can't run around with a UMP in that game because you won't hit anything.

I hate Akimbo because, quite frankly, it looks retarded as hell and there's too many little scrubs running around with it, getting easy close combat kills. I hate Rangers and Models because they don't belong in the game. Why in the name of all that's good and holy should they be in the game? As I said, they belong in museums, not in the hands of Spetsnaz commandos. Danger close should be nerfed or at least modified in some way that randomly shooting RPGs is no longer profitable in terms of kills. The UMP is plain overpowered. I never liked using the weapon and it pisses me off when I get sniped with it. Why put sniper rifles in the game then? Modern Warfare 2 isn't unrealistic in a "video game way". It's more unrealistic than Rambo movies, and that's saying something.

Also, the Tactical Nuke does more harm than good, it should have never been put in the game. It gives people incentive to cheat, and gives incentive to little 7 year olds to go out and nuke boost so that they can get emblems and titles and pretend they're good at the game.

Of course, most of these changes will never be implemented, because the game will actually require skill again. And that will drive away most of MW2's fanbase, AKA little kids. I have a brother, he's 10 and plays Xbox 360. I know how that works :unsure:

It would also be nice if they did something about camping. There was a noob on Overgrown in one of the buildings who had akimbo rangers and an AK with a noobtube. When you tried to enter the building, you either got a grenade or Ranger rounds in the face. God I hate campers.

Of course, IW has become a victim of its own success, so we can't blame them entirely. MW2 was BIG. One of the biggest launches of any piece of media in history. Everyone knows what MW2 is, and nearly everyone with a gaming system has it. Infinity Ward should have Beta-tested MW2 before releasing it. They didn't. I'm not talking about an open beta, but a closed one. They chose not to, and it shows.

Edited by theking1322

FOR THE LOVE OF HAMBURGERS SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP COMPLAINING.

If you dont like a game SOO much then stop playing it. Im tired of hearing people crying over this game. Its a game, Not real life not anything other then a game. We all know this game sucks balls. If you dont like it then dont play it. Its very simple.

If you dont like a game SOO much then stop playing it. Im tired of hearing people crying over this game. Its a game, Not real life not anything other then a game. We all know this game sucks balls. If you dont like it then dont play it. Its very simple.

Hard to not complain. You can say "Don't complain" as much as you want but people will still complain. I'm complaining because I was really looking forward to this game after playing the crap out of CoD4 and MW2 coming out everyone was hoping that all the glitches will be patched, all the grenades will be gone, NOPE! This game is a heaping pile of crap.

I understand where you're coming from that it's a game and all that BUT I payed good money for this and I'm not gonna let my money go to waste. We are the consumers so we have a right to complain, complaining gets companies to fix bugs in their product look at the model 1887's, they were indeed over powered and the community complained and complained and complained until IW fixed it.

Don't look at complaining like a bad thing look at it as constructive criticism.

In the end games are games but that wont stop me from complaining nor will it stop many other players from complaining.

Hard to not complain. You can say "Don't complain" as much as you want but people will still complain. I'm complaining because I was really looking forward to this game after playing the crap out of CoD4 and MW2 coming out everyone was hoping that all the glitches will be patched, all the grenades will be gone, NOPE! This game is a heaping pile of crap.

I understand where you're coming from that it's a game and all that BUT I payed good money for this and I'm not gonna let my money go to waste. We are the consumers so we have a right to complain, complaining gets companies to fix bugs in their product look at the model 1887's, they were indeed over powered and the community complained and complained and complained until IW fixed it.

Don't look at complaining like a bad thing look at it as constructive criticism.

In the end games are games but that wont stop me from complaining nor will it stop many other players from complaining.

If you want to complain, don't post it here or anywhere else where people who aren't interested have to deal with it. Take it to IW, not here.

IW isn't a "One Hit Wonder" devhouse. Before Call of Duty 4, they developed two other hit games, CoD 2 and CoD 1. Those were plain epic.

I'd say it is. Neither 1 & 2 blew alight the gaming world, whereas there are lots of devs with loads of hits that have set the gaming world alight at points (Naughty Dog, for example). 1 & 2 are good but Call of Duty wasn't a big series until Call of Duty 4 hit PS3. One of the only people I knew who wanted Call of Duty 4 was my Dad because it was more like what it was like when he was the army than previous shooters, and eventually it just blew up where I lived. That was the first 'hit' Call of Duty game. The others were solid, and good, but not hits.

Also I agree about the beta testing.

I'm not bothered about all this crying nonsense. I'm slightly annoyed that a game so hyped up turned out to be so bad, but my problem is more the community online and how IW have done nothing about it.

To be honest if we don't complain then it won't be fixed for the next edition, Black Ops is supposedly learning from Mw2's mistakes, mainly as pointed out by people on the internet. At least the complaining here is constructive, because there is a clear idea in what must be done to improve the game.

@Kemosabe - You don't have to read it, so don't.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.