Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DeeKay

Magic Help Guide (rewrite)

A handsome reward for those who decide to become masters of the Magic skill. The cape is sold by the robe store owner on the second floor of the Wizards' Guild for 99,000 GP (hood included), and provides a +9 bonus to all defensive stats. The cape also allows the wearer to boost his or her Magic skill by 1, or increase it to a 100 for a short period of time.

Link "Wizards' Guild" here:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/guilds/guild_magic.html

I think you should change it to either "Magic Guild" or Wizard/Magic Guild" since the Guild page on Sal's lists the guild as the Magic Guild and it might confuse some people.

Also, let me say that this is one of the most orgainzed, nicest guides I've seen. Nice job :aware:

Edited by Damaged500

Much thanks. I'll add it up.

Edit: There's already a link to the Wizards' Guild at the beginning of the guide, which should eliminate the confusion as the guilds page seem to be the only thing referring to the guild as the Magic Guild, and other magic-related guilds are scarce.

Edited by DeeKay

Plankmaking with mahogany planks works well, and dependant on prices at the time can make profit.

I saw a misspelled word.

Under the 55 to 68 magic level you put "nervs." It should be "nerves".

Edited by Elf_Sniper11

Too slow I'm afraid.

My friend has done 86-93 on plankmaking so far, costing him around 100k and getting around ~70-90k/hour.

Well then if he could provide a log consisting of average casts per 15 minutes (out of an hour), the amount of runes used and the amount of planks created, I'll add it to the guide.

The process consists of casting the Humidify spell with an inventory of unstrung amulets.

String Amulet, not Humidify. :aware:

With the new FOG items coming out, you may want to add them in. I know that this is bumping an old thread, but I think this is a good guide and it looks very promising.

Great guide Deekay, it's packed with all sorts of useful info and it will definitely make a good replacement for the current guide! Very nice work! :)

-Accepted- :aware:

Like I said ages ago, omitting the early levels is a bad thing, especially when that is the bulk of the freeplay part :aware:

You can use what I had in the other guide (which I pretty much abandoned by now :))

Thanks, Salmoneus.

Like I said ages ago, Entrility, the F2P offering of the Magic skill is a mere expo for the real thing. It has very limited usability that reaches to its limit without dedicated training, and is usually achieved during casual gaming. Additionally, although I am to blame on this one as I didn't mention it at the beginning, I'm targeting this guide at people who like the skill as a whole, rather than just train it for a cape or over bragging rights. People who will be using it well after the levels stop rising for example and have good knowledge of it (know the exact uses of spells the least).

As I also said, excluding the new freeplay players from the guide is a mistake. It may just be a portion of the members skill, but it is still tough to get there when you don't know what you're doing :)

Again, you can use what I had in my attempt at a magic guide, if you like :aware:

wonderful guide, gratz

nice guide, i would really advise adding a plankmake option. with lunar spellbook you make a bit of money(if i remember correctly) and can get 100k+ xp an hour if you use teak loggs. i just kind of scrolled through your guide to see what options you have, and if its there sorry and ignore this comment,

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.