Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

Construction Guide Level By Level

Ok I'll get started, I'll start on 20? I can't do any tonight but I can tomorrow, I'll ask around and maybe I can see if anyone like teh design guide.

That would be really cool, thank you very much. :) Good luck on the design guide and if I can be any help, just ask. :)

In the meantime, I've added all of Reaver's pictures (cariad, the marble staircase was missing. There was a marble spiral staircase, but not the first one, which turns up at level 82.) I've also added in when you can get a servant, build rooms, redecorate, move location and when you get another room allocation. Levels 80-99 are done information-wise; and 81-99 done completely, unless anyone has notes to add.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

I watched you put them into the mock-up 3 by 3, and I have to say, they look beutiful when there put in there. :)

Ill keep up the pictures to the writing, ;D

concapeia3.png

^For the end^

Oops, I didnt notice the 2 were different:

marblestaircaseyp1.gif

[img=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8650/marblestaircaseyp1.gif]

Woot! Thank you very much. Plus the cape too! Much wootness! Hold on, have you been stalking Fred McGarry again?

They've now been added and I'm one log in page away from actually logging into Runescape! LOL

Hawk, you could do those with absolute pleasure. Thank you very much. :)

I've got us to 76 (from 99) and I'm slowly losing the will to live. LOL If you did 50-70, then I'll continue to do 71-75. That would mean that the entire second half of this guide is done insofar as table information and notes go. Reaver said he'd continue to do the transparencies as the need for them appears on the guide. Easl is looking to start at 20, though I don't know until what level as yet.

At this rate, we'll have the guide finished before Sal's even said whether he wants it! LOL

Edit: The information is in from 71-99; with images from 81-99.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

From levels 51-99

The unbalanced trade restrictions mean that this is unlikely to reimburse

skillers for their massive outlay thus far, as it may have done in the past.

Nontheless, some players still do it and it remains a brilliant method for

raising prayer levels.

Nontheless - Nonetheless

Games Room Magical Balance 3 2000 air runes, 2000 fire runes, 2000 water runes, 2000 earth runes 356 Yes 0gp - runecrafted

I think that Runecrafted should be capitalized.

Thone Room Demonic Throne

Magic Stones x 25 25000 Yes 24,375,000gp

Thone - Throne

With Merch's permission, I am proofreading the first half of the guide, while Hawk is proofreading the second half. Just thought I'd let everyone know. :P

~Dr Skull

Thank you Hawk, I have made those amendments.

'Nonetheless' looks so weird like that! 30 something years of learning how to spell are all screaming at me to change it back to British English.

Thank you in advance, Skull.

I proofread the first half of the guide. Here's my results. The underlined words are what section it is. :)

Note on Supplies

For each level, it is assumed that each item of furniture is being created in situ. For many hotspots, it is possible to add a flatpacked item regardless of your own level. For example, at level one, a player may buy a parlour for 1000gp. There nothing stopping that player then seeking the assistance of a higher level to make the highest level chairs, or else buying them at the Grand Exchange.

First bolded word (there) - It should be there's, or there is.

Second bolded word (then) - I'm not sure, but they way I read it it shouldn't be in there.

Third bolded word (chairs) - Couldn't it be any item?

It should also be noted that supply list take into account expenses incurred by also taking advantage of the options listed under 'notes' for each level.

First bolded words (that supply) - It should be that the supply...

Second bolded word (take) - Should be takes

Level 1

Read through 'The Basics', then visit any Estate Agent to buy your land for 1000gp.

Before that, or instead of it, I was thinking you could put something like, "First read through "The Basics", and then to get a house, visit an Estate Agent in Falador, Ardougne, <and where ever else they are>. Then to go to your house, go to the portal outside of Rimmington.

Level 5

You now have the Construction skill requirement to do the quest, Darkness of Hallowvale. It awards 2k experience, as well as a tome of experience wherein you can chose three skills in which to receive 2k xp. If you chose Construction for all three, that is 8k xp all told gained here.

First bolded word (wherin) - Should be where

Second bolded word (chose) - Should be choose

Third bolded word (chose) - Should be choose

Fourth bolded words (all told gained here) - Should be total

Level 10

While you are there, you may wish to move your home. At this level, there is option to move to Taverley for 5,000gp. This location is slightly closer to the Falador/Burthorpe banks, than Rimmington is to Draynor/Falador. For those without the magic level to teleport everywhere, Taverley is also a better location. It's at the foot of Wolf Mountain and therefore not so much off the beaten track as Rimmington.

First bolded words (there is option) - Should be there is an option

Second bolded word (,) - There should be no comma

Level 30

While you are there, you may wish to move your home. At this level, there is option to move to Rellekka for 10,000gp. This is handy for the Northern areas, including Keldagrim and Trollheim a short walk/climb to the east. This is also closer to Seers Village than Taverley was.

Second bolded words (move to Rellekka) - Should be move it to Rellekka

Third bolded words (Trollheim a) - Should be Trollheim, a (with a comma)

Level 40

You also have the option to redecorate in the 'tropical wood' design, as seen in Ardoughe and Karamja buildings. This costs 15,000gp and can be bought from an Estate Agent.

First bolded word (Ardoughe) - Should be Ardougne

While you are there, you may wish to move your home. At this level, there is option to move to Brimhaven for 15,000gp. As well as providing access to the jungle lands, it's also a favourite with farmers. Several pineapple trees grow wild just to the south, which allows for swift supercompost harvesting.

Second bolded words (to move to) - Should be to move it to or to move your house to

Third bolded word (favourite) - Should be favorite, no u

Level 50

While you are there, you may wish to move your home. At this level, there is option to move to Yanille for 25,000gp. Many higher level Construction workers live in Yanille, because it affords the closest proximity to a bank of all the locations on offer. By now, houses may contain the mounted glory and portal chambers to allow access to everywhere else.

Second bolded words (to move to) - Should be to move it to or to move your house to

At the beginning, you say this.

Column three lists the specific materials required, though it should be noted that a saw and hammer are constant requirements and therefore are not listed here. Also the number of nails given are the minimum required, though more should always be taken as they do break mid-construction. For those wishing to build everything in the table, there is a more extensive list of supplies provided underneath.

But for every level, you have hammer and saw. Make up your mind! ^_^

That's all I found. Remember everything I put is a suggestion, you don't actually have to change it. (Although you may want to change the spelling/grammar mistakes ^_^)

And I believe that after you put in these changes, me and Hawk are going to switch parts, so be prepared. :P

:cheers:

~Dr Skull

I founds a mistake in lvl 96. in the totals under both the Xp and money it states the amount of needed money

Thank you very much. I've altered that.

there still b that boo-boo...

It should also be noted that those using Lunar Magic can create planks from logs much more cheaply by using the 'logs to planks' spell.

Actually the spell is called 'Plank Make', not 'logs to plank' :rofl: Just if you wish to be super perfect on everything.

Thank you very much all.

Wolfhe, I've altered the name of the spell. Thank you for reminding me, as I didn't know the name of it beforehand. I put that in as a temporary thing, meaning to go and look it up when I'd finished writing that section, then totally forgot!

Tomaz, it is altered, but you might have an old version cached in your computer. Press the F5 key on your keyboard, whilst looking at the page. It will reload and you should be able to see all the amendments made since.

Dr Skull, thank you very much! I've been through and altered most of those things. I didn't change the bit about the Basics, though I originally did have the sort of detail that you suggested. My rationale is that if they have clicked on the link and read it, then they will already have that information. This guide is intended to complement what's already there rather than replace it. If you think that it's still worth putting it in, then I'll do so. Like I said, it was originally there. :)

I'm also querying the change from 'wherein' to 'where'. That would make no sense in British English, which I know is no indication when it comes to American English (some of the things you've had me change did work grammatically here, but I accept that they might not over there).

You now have the Construction skill requirement to do the quest, Darkness of Hallowvale. It awards 2k experience, as well as a tome of experience wherein you can chose three skills in which to receive 2k xp. If you chose Construction for all three, that is 8k xp all told gained here

That is the bit in question. If 'wherein' really doesn't work, would 'from which'?

Thank you once again. :P

You now have the Construction skill requirement to do the quest, Darkness of Hallowvale. It awards 2k experience, as well as a tome of experience wherein you can chose three skills in which to receive 2k xp. If you chose Construction for all three, that is 8k xp all told gained here

That is the bit in question. If 'wherein' really doesn't work, would 'from which'?

Thank you once again. :D

First off, Thanks for the extra credit, :P It makes me feel special. I would perfer my name to be Reaver without the dashes.

Secondly, Ill work on the 70-80 pictures this weekend.

Thirdly, from which would work, but me being canadian would likely toss in some Eh?'s somewhere, :ice:

Thank you, Reaver. :P I'll amend your name later on.

I've checked and it doesn't look like Sal's been in this forum rejecting or accepting since Dec 23rd. I don't know if there's a deputy to say yay or nay. I might message Cam and ask him.

I have, however, been in the Construction and Skills official forums recently and found several requests for help which would have been answered by what we're trying to do here. This has given me heart that it will eventually be seen and accepted. I vote, therefore, that we press on and finish the thing. What do the rest of you say?

I've also discovered that Sal has requested a rewrite of the Construction Help guide that is already on the site. This might widen our scope to include information provided there? Requested Rewrites

I've added a progress report, plus decisions to be made, to the first entry in this thread. I'll keep up-dating that as we go on. ^_^

Edited by Merch Gwyar

"From which" would work.

And what information do you need to be added? I might be able to get some things... :o

~Dr Skull

Just glancing around at your guide, at level 94, the materials needed at the bottome says: "5m in hard cash" Kind of informal, I don't know if you have that anywhere else but you might look into re-phrasing that :rolleyes:

~Helk

"From which" would work.

And what information do you need to be added? I might be able to get some things... :/

~Dr Skull

KK, I'll change it to that.

I'd welcome any contributions. :P Would you like to do some of the tables?

Just glancing around at your guide, at level 94, the materials needed at the bottome says: "5m in hard cash" Kind of informal, I don't know if you have that anywhere else but you might look into re-phrasing that :rolleyes:

~Helk

Thanks Helk, I'll alter that.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

"From which" would work.

And what information do you need to be added? I might be able to get some things... :P

~Dr Skull

KK, I'll change it to that.

I'd welcome any contributions. :( Would you like to do some of the tables?

Like the xp/cost tables?

~Dr Skull

I'd welcome any contributions. :ice: Would you like to do some of the tables?

Like the xp/cost tables?

~Dr Skull

I'm talking about the tables already there for each level: room/item/materials/xp/highest or lowest/cost; are you thinking about methodology tables instead?

I've been pondering this ever since I spotted that Sal wanted the 'Construction Help' section to have a rewrite. I think that it would be useful having methodologies in the notes, but I don't know whether explaining them all in depth within this guide wouldn't make it all look too complicated. How about a separate page for them, but with links back and forth scattered between the methodologies and this? So, for example:

Page one: Describes all the methods of doing construction that we can possibly get from everyone in Sal's who trains it. Every method is given a name.

Levelling guide (this one): Refers to the names in the notes, ie if you are going the [insert name] method, you should swop to [insert furniture] now.

Alternatively, we could just include it all in this guide, but instead of actual methods, wait until a tried and tested piece of building comes up, for example, oak larders or armour stands. Then describe the xp/cost ratio of that, along with any pros and cons.

I'm still at the musing it stage at the moment, so any thoughts are gratefully received.

Edited by Merch Gwyar

I'd welcome any contributions. :) Would you like to do some of the tables?

Like the xp/cost tables?

~Dr Skull

I'm talking about the tables already there for each level: room/item/materials/xp/highest or lowest/cost; are you thinking about methodology tables instead?

There are currently columns for xp and for cost of materials, so an xp/cost table could consist of another column where the xp/gp is shown, giving a clear "this may cost a lot, but I get lots of xp for the money" statement that's consistent between items and so that users of the guide need to do even less thinking than otherwise. :mellow:

I've been pondering this ever since I spotted that Sal wanted the 'Construction Help' section to have a rewrite. I think that it would be useful having methodologies in the notes, but I don't know whether explaining them all in depth within this guide wouldn't make it all look too complicated.

Looking at what's been made so far, it doesn't look like a 'Construction Help' guide, but more a 'Ooo, I've gained a level and have no idea what I can now actually do with my Tea and Saw so need help putting it all in one place' guide.

With this in mind, somehow indicating whether the Crystal Saw can be used as a level boost would be helpful even if all it consists of is an asterisk next to the item name with an explanation at the start saying what it means, maybe grouping the non-Saw items together in the table (separate from the items you can use the Saw for a boost) so that they're even easier to find. :P

Edited by Neo Avatars

There are currently columns for xp and for cost of materials, so an xp/cost table could consist of another column where the xp/gp is shown, giving a clear "this may cost a lot, but I get lots of xp for the money" statement that's consistent between items and so that users of the guide need to do even less thinking than otherwise. :closedeyes:

That would be very easily done, in terms of coding and the overall look of the guide. It certainly looks like a solution from where I'm sitting. ^_^

If this is what Skull was also referring to, then yes! Skull, I'm very happy for you to run with that, if you're up for it. I could code in the information as you supply it, while I also continue with adding the items to the tables yet to be completed. When that's finished I'll then come and help you with this. Sound ok?

Looking at what's been made so far, it doesn't look like a 'Construction Help' guide, but more a 'Ooo, I've gained a level and have no idea what I can now actually do with my Tea and Saw so need help putting it all in one place' guide.

Woot! That's what I was aiming for. :)

With this in mind, somehow indicating whether the Crystal Saw can be used as a level boost would be helpful even if all it consists of is an asterisk next to the item name with an explanation at the start saying what it means, maybe grouping the non-Saw items together in the table (separate from the items you can use the Saw for a boost) so that they're even easier to find. ;)

That's also easily done. Perhaps even a super-script with 'c' for saw, 's' for stew and 't' for tea beside the item's name. Though anything that allows stew would also allow tea, so 't/s' might be better. An alternative might also be an extra column, though I'll wait on that until the xp/gp column has been added, just to see how cramped or roomy it is afterwards.

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas. :D

There are currently columns for xp and for cost of materials, so an xp/cost table could consist of another column where the xp/gp is shown, giving a clear "this may cost a lot, but I get lots of xp for the money" statement that's consistent between items and so that users of the guide need to do even less thinking than otherwise. :closedeyes:

That would be very easily done, in terms of coding and the overall look of the guide. It certainly looks like a solution from where I'm sitting. ^_^

If this is what Skull was also referring to, then yes! Skull, I'm very happy for you to run with that, if you're up for it. I could code in the information as you supply it, while I also continue with adding the items to the tables yet to be completed. When that's finished I'll then come and help you with this. Sound ok?

From how I just read that, I believe that is what I was talking about. :) Just to clarify, here's what I was originally talking about. ;)

Under each level, there is a chart that has room, item, materials, xp, highest level in this spot, cost of materials.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were talking about, or whether you have someone already doing that... :D

As for the stew/tea/saw, I would be happy to find that information as well.

~Dr Skull

LOL Then we were talking about the same thing! <_<

I'm off out in a bit for the weekend, hence my side of things will be on hold until possibly Monday. Would you like to do from 5-20 (or as far as you get) with the room/item/materials/xp/highestorlowest/price tables? If you do get to the end and fancied more, then 40-50 would be cool. However, just do as much as you want before boredom sets in too greatly. It's been taking me abut 2-3 hours to do 10 levels, so it's a big commitment of time and concentration.

We will be doing the xp/gp columns and the saw/tea/stew info too, but we'll look at that next week.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.