Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Merch Gwyar

Construction Guide Level By Level

The amounts shown are based on the assumption that metal items, glass and clay will be player made and therefore free. Only materials that cannot be made, ie planks, stones, cloth, plants/trees and complusory payments within the houses, are calculated.

compulsory

Also, nails have a tendency to break, hence you should always pack more than you need. Bronze nails break more easily than rune nails.
I think a semi-colon should follow, not a hundred percent sure.

The garden portal allows access in and out of your house. Others can enter your house by clicking on the portal outside and selecting 'friend's house', then entering your name. The house owner may deny access by either locking their portal or else settting their public chat to 'friends' (which would allow only those on their friends' list to enter) or 'off' (which would allow no access at all. No-one but the house owner may enter while in building mode.
setting (only two Ts)

Teapots filled with tea are tradeable inside the house, but cups of tea are not.
I am unsure wether it should be written tradable or tradeable

Most items can be placed upon the the dining table, when not in building mode, but this abides by the same rule as dropping them on the floor. After a while, all items will disappear. Similiarly, if you leave your house, the items will automatically disappear. If trying to place something on a table in a house
Delete the second word

Though I am not certain, isn't that written or similarly or is that just an Americanisation

(This passage crops alot so you may wish to check)

The pluming stand, in the workshop, can be used to paint steel or rune full helms with family crest colours. Anyone can do this, using your pluming stand, though it should be noted that painted items become untradeable. Before colours can be painted, those requiring to do so first need to visit Sir Renitee, aka the herald in Falador. He will research your family history and provide the information for free, however, if you wish to belong to another family, he will change his mind for 500gp.
I think that may be another semi-colon

An unlimited number of players can engage in boxing in the boxing ring, however they all need to strip off to their default clothing and be wielding no weapons. Even jewellery is taboo. The only required item are the boxing gloves, which are not available until the weapons rack is built at level 34 Construction.
items are

The oak workbench allows the builder to create flatpacked items up to level 40 Construction. Furniture made in this way can be carried outside of the house and traded, though not everything can be flatpacked. As the wookbench can be used without building mode being switched on, this is the location where the 'assist' system may be used. Anyone can use this workbench, as long as they have access to the house. For more information about flatpacks, see the notes at level 17.
workbench

A cat taken in the house, by either the owner or a friend, can be directed to go and curl up in the cat basket. The basket itself just looks a little more grand than its predecessor.
grander

Occasionally, during the stress of combat, arrows and staves can become bent or broken. The whetsone provides a place to fix them, as well as sharpening rusty swords.
whetstone

A over-sized bass is a rare and random find when fishing for ordinary bass. If you are lucky enough to find one then it can be stuffed at the taxidermist in Canifis.
An

The bell-pull is used to summon the servant, if one has been hired. This is useful as, though the servant will always remain on the same floor as the house owner, (s)he does move around and can be sometimes difficult to locate in a large house. It's function is no different to the preceeding rope bell-pull, it just looks more grand.
preceding

In the games room, the magical balance allows for a magic-based competitions between an unlimited number of players, with an automatic announcement of the winner. Different spells cause the activated orb to change colour with the winner being the one to place it in balance. Further details are available in the Games Book in your bookcase.
for a magic based competition

While you are there, you may wish to move your home. At this level, there is an option to move it to Brimhaven for 15,000gp. As well as providing access to the jungle lands, it's also a favorite with farmers. Several pineapple trees grow wild just to the south, which allows for swift supercompost harvesting.
favourite

This is just the first 50 levels. It also takes note that you have copy and pasted a lot of paragraphs throughout the guide so somethings may repeat.

Also, in guides my name is written as Doddsy rather than Audioworm :aware:

Thank you very much, Reaver and Doddsy. I've added the image and made the amendments.

Doddsy, I think that this is a classic case in point that you really can't proofread your own work. I've been through this twice and can't believe I missed half of the things that you uncovered! :aware: I've also looked up tradeable and it has got the 'e'. Thanks again.

Thank you very much, Reaver and Doddsy. I've added the image and made the amendments.

Doddsy, I think that this is a classic case in point that you really can't proofread your own work. I've been through this twice and can't believe I missed half of the things that you uncovered! :aware: I've also looked up tradeable and it has got the 'e'. Thanks again.

I have an hour of isolation tomorrow so I will print off 51-99 and read through it in my time where I can't do anything else. Expect another possible report from the SlashingUK wannabe

This is a truly amazing guide, right up there with the huge list of routes and times in the Runecrafting help guide in terms of the detail and effort that has clearly gone into it.

I've help off from commenting while it's was in progress, as I felt the best way for me to help out was to proofread the finished thing, so here goes, from level 1 to 50...

In the 'Note on tables' section:

It might be worth adding after "it should be noted that a saw and hammer are constant requirements and therefore are not listed in the tables." that "once you have built tool store 1 in your workshop (which you can do at level 15), you will have an unlimited supply of saws and hammers in your house."

In 'Note on supplies':

consider changing 'in situ' to 'in place', some younger readers might not know the word.I'm not sure if "There is nothing stopping that player seeking the assistance of a higher level to make the highest level furniture for that room," makes it clear enough that this only applies to flat-packs. It might be worth adding either a full list of flat-packable items, or adding that 'the flat-packable items are the ones that can be seen in the 'work at workbench' menu once you have built a workbench in your workshop.

In 'Level 1':

Change "Your house can contain 20 rooms at this level." to "Your house can contain 9 rooms at this level." (and possibly add that these rooms can only be gardens or parlours). Ths is because the 3x3 limit on plot size that's in place until level 15 means you run out of space before you get to the 20 limit.

In the second-last paragraph of this section, add a close-bracket where appropriate.

In level 7:

Consider expanding "though the player will have to bring their own beer glass to drink it." by adding "until you have built wooden shelves 2, which have an unlimited supply of beer glasses and can be made at level 12."

Change "It can be bought in all pubs..." to "Beer can be bought in all pubs...", as it's not clear that the subject of the 'it' is the 2nd of the 5 nouns we've had so far in that paragraph... especially after a few beers :-)

In level 15:

add "The plot of land that you can use for your house is increased from 3x3 spaces to 4x4 at this level, so you can now have up to 16 rooms in your house.

In Level 17:

"wookbench" should be "workbench"

consider adding explanation that you can use the workbench to make flatpacks up to level 20 provided you have the right level, as it could be mistconstrued as allowing level 20 items at level 17. This might also be cut and pasted to all other workbench explanations.

In Level 27:

add to the the paragraph about stairs "there is also a limit of 20 rooms in your house which applies from this level until level 50".

In Level 30:

add "The plot of land that you can use for your house is increased from 4x4 spaces to 5x5 at this level.

and after "You can now build a Games Room for 25,000gp." consider adding "Unlike most types of room, you can only have 1 games room in your house." (I know, because I just tried to make a second in order to test the teak prize box requirements, and it wouldn't let me!)

In level 40:

Consider adding the magic level requirements and ingredients for making teletabs, and if so, add it to the other lecterns at level 47 too

In level 42:

Consider adding "Unlike most types of room, you can only have 1 costume room in your house." to the "you can now build a costume room" part.

Consider merging the 3 rows of sword types, to show that these 3 choices are all equal in level and mutually exclusive, on the same way you have merged the KBD/KQ head options at level 78. If you decide not to, cinsider unmerging the KBD/KQ heads to be consistent.

Consider adjusting total xp and cost downwards, to reflect the fact that you'll only be building one of the 3 mounted sword options.

In Level 44:

Does the teak prize chest really need gold leaf? I know the knowledge base says it does, but I think it's a mistake in the KB, as it's not got any yellow trim on it, and it's way lower level than the other gold items. I'll try making one to check when I do the cladding pics tonight.

If it does, move the whole section about 'this is the first time you need gold leaf...', that covers planning and house design from it's current place in level 54 to here.

In Level 45:

Consider changing the line about 6 x 6 size to match my examples above, or change mine to match yours :-)

Consider adding a note that all types of torch/candlestick only need to be built once to fill both candlestick spaces, as you did for curtains at level 2.

In Level 46:

"wookbench" should be "workbench"

In Level 47:

Consider adding explanation about getting a second anti-dragon shield so players know they don't have to sacrifice theirs to put the trophy up.

In level 50:

add a space to change "...under'toy box..." to "...under 'toy box..."

consider adding a link to the 51-99 section at the end of the page

In level 54:

Consider rewording this part "The Throne Room, and its Oubliette, does require a ground floor position." since that could be read as implying the oubliette is a ground floor room.

Consider removing the section on making a profit from mass producing furniture, as it's probably not a good idea to get anyone's hopes up :-(

In Level 57:

if you merged the 3 sword possibilities at level 42, do the same with the 2 lectern options here. Either way, amend the totals and supplies list for consistency; at the moment the costs assume you are making 2 lecterns but the supplies list assumes 1

In Level 58:

consider merging the mounted heads, but note the differing xp if you do!

In level 59:

consider merging the 3 Icon types

In level 60:

consider adding "This applies to all types of throne." to the bit about only having to make 1 throne.

In level 61:

remove the word "plus"

In level 65:

consider merging the 2 landscapes, as they are mutually exclusive.

in the notes, change "teleport focus" to "greater focus"

in the notes add "or forced open" after "can be picked" (same applies to the bone cage at level 85)

In level 67:

Consider merging lecterns as before.

I've not had any of the 'halfway to the ceiling' issues you mention, my spirals have always behaved exactly like normal staircases. Maybe this is just you? Can anyone confirm there is an issue here? This applies to level 97 too.

Change "....sapphire and Varrock..." to "...sapphire, Varrock..."

Change "...onyx, Varrock teleports..." to "...onyx, Varrock teleport..."

In level 68:

Yes, you do get a free ladder with the trapdoor!

change "...allow more a dignified..." to "...allow a more dignified..."

In level 70:

change "...prospensity of these be agressive..." to "...prospensity of these to be agressive..."

In level 71:

unmerge marigolds/daffodils. I realise that at this point you are probably cursing me for suggesting loads of merges then wanting these unmerged, but there is a reason! The formal garden has 2 places for this type of plant, so you need one of each (or two of either) to complete the garden. This should be reflected in the cost and supplies list too.

In level 74:

change "...prospensity of these be agressive..." to "...prospensity of these to be agressive..."

In level 76:

as per my comments on level 71, roses/bluebells behave the same way as marigolds/daffodils.

In level 78:

in the ladders section, change "appear to be" to "are", "appears" to "are" and so on - I went and checked, and it does behave as you say! Also change "Be sure to read this" to "Take great care"

In level 81:

Change "throwing" to "shooting"

Change "insofar as" to "so", you've been talking to too many lawyers, Merch :-)

In level 82:

add explanation of the teleportation abilities of the lesser magic cage.

In level 85:

"strongestt should be "strongest"

In level 86:

In level 89:

add teleport options to the Greater Magic Cage description.

Remove the section about 'impressive sunbeam display' (there isn't one! The only impressive bit is that if you have a room next to a chapel you can have 1 sided windows, see though on one side but just a plain wall on the other!), and mention that the design of stained glass will match the dedication of the icon in your chapel. I have no idea what happens if you haven't dedicated your chapel, I might test this tomorrow.

In level 91:

hmm, no wood involved so does this really need a hammer and saw? I'll check when I've saved up 975k!

In Level 94:

'Propensity be' again

In level 95:

add "but it is beautifully animated" after "The large orrery is purely decorative"... it really is lovely!

In the skill cape section:

Only the Varrock estate agent sells the cape, according to the knowlegebase... I can't check this for another 7 levels though :-)

Global comments:

Should "NB" and "ie" be "N.B." and "i.e." throughout, or am I too formal?

At the risk of adding a bit of work, it might be nice to illustrate all the redecoration options that the estate agent has, since the wall style also affects the land in the garden and the dungeon walls. Full set of pics in my next post!

It might be worth adding details of where to get the paintings and maps from at the appropriate levels as it's not a well known item.

Edited by teacuptime

Woot! Thanks all! I'll work on these amendments tomorrow, as I don't think my brain is up to the coding at the second.

Yes, the pictures of the different styles would be a wonderful addition! Thank you, Teacuptime. :aware:

Thanks as well, Doddsy, for the offer of further proofreading.

Reaver, I forgot to decode your comment before I responded, I'll go and look now.

Now that I think about it, I actually know two or thee people with 99 Construction... Should I beg pitifully at their feet for an 'emote pl0x?'

*bakes cookies to help convince peoples*

EDIT: I actually know two people, though one seems more likely to help than the other. Matter of whom I speak to the most. :aware:

Edited by Wolfhe

Omg :)

I cant believe its done!!

P00NAGE!!

Well done everyone!

Brrraaavvooo.. *Slowly claps hands :aware:*

01001001 00100000 00100010 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110110 01101001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01100100 00100010 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01110000 01101001 01100011 01110100 01110101 01110010 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001011 01100001 01111001 01101100 01100001 00100000 00111011 01000100

dungeonqe2.png

fancygardenem9.png

throneroomcl9.png

As promised, here are inside, outside and dungeon pictures for each of the 6 house styles, I've tried to get them from the same camera angle each time, but it's not easy. There's a lot more to these styles than just wall patterns, as you can see the ground, inside, outside, floor, roof and even dungeon walls all change to match the chosen theme.

The Basic Wood style (no level requirement)

Outside

basicwood1.jpg

Inside

basicwood2.jpg

Dungeon

basicwood3.jpg

---

The Basic Stone style (level 10)

Outside

basicstone1.jpg

Inside

basicstone2.jpg

Dungeon

basicstone3.jpg

---

The Whitewashed Stone style (level 20)

Outside

wwashed1.jpg

Inside

wwashed2.jpg

Dungeon

wwashed3.jpg

---

The Fremennik Wood style (level 30)

Outside

fremm1.jpg

Inside

fremm2.jpg

Dungeon

fremm3.jpg

---

The Tropical Wood Style (level 40)

Outside

tropical1.jpg

Inside

tropical2.jpg

Dungeon

tropical3.jpg

---

The Fancy Stone Style (level 50)

Outside

fancyst1.jpg

Inside

fancyst2.jpg

Dungeon

fancyst3.jpg

Edited by teacuptime

01010111 01101111 01110111 00101100 00100000 01010100 01101000 01101111 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110111 01110100 00100000 00111011 01001111 :)

Portal Chamber Marble Portal

Marble blocks x 3, runes needed to redirect it

:aware:

Edited by Reaver

In level 91:

hmm, no wood involved so does this really need a hammer and saw? I'll check when I've saved up 975k!

Yes, it turns out you do need a hammer and saw. Quite how they turn a magic stone into a chest, I'm not quite sure, but that's Runescape for you!

Thanks again!

Everyone, I'm sorry for not updating this. I've had a really stressful few days, so I'm chilling out in game (killing cave horrors > killing a work colleague IRL apparently...). I am appreciative of your hard work and I will get it up-dated within the next few days.

"All" levels

Shouldn't flatpacked be flat packed?

Level 52

"Similiarly, if you leave your house, the items will automatically disappear."

Similarly

Level 53 and level 60

"The bed cannot be slept in, however, two bedrooms with beds in them are required before the house-owner can hire a servant."

Shouldn't that be in;? Semicolon instead of a comma :aware:

level 60

"It's function is no different to the preceeding bell-pull, it just looks more... well, posh."

Its preceding

level 61

Table: Thone Room Floor decoration: Throne Room

Level 66

"He will research your family history and provide the information for free, however,..."

free; again comma/semicolon :)

Level 70, 74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94

"Combat level makes no difference to the prospensity of these be agressive towards anyone."

Propensity aggressive

Level 72 (81)

"Five skillcapes or quest point cape may now also be stored."

Suggestion: "Any five (ten) skillcapes or your quest point cape may now also be stored"

Level 77

"In the games room, the magical balance allows for a magic-based competitions between ..."

Either remove a or change competitions in competition

Level 84

"The steel doors, stronger than the preceeding oak dungeon doors..."

Preceding

Level 85

"In the oubliette, the bone cage has the strongestt..."

Strongest

Level 94

"The marble doors, stronger than the preceeding steel ..."

Preceding

That was all I could find and I'm not even sure if all are 'mistakes'

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

Finally? It's finally done? Awesome. :aware:

Awesome job everyone! I'll see if I can proofread it later to make sure there are no spelling mistakes. :)

~Dr Skull

Ok! I'm finally on the case here. Many apologies for how long it's taken, but thank you everyone for all you've done since I was last able to pay attention.

Reaver - Thank you for cropping the Guildwars picture, I've added that.

Teacuptime - Thank you for all of the proof-reading. I've used most of your suggestions and made the amendments. I didn't know that about the games room!

I've considered unmerging the swords at level 42... sorry, I've put 'Runs in the Family' in both of our heads now, haven't I? But it difference in xp per sword means that it was getting very complicated. I think I'm going to unmerge the later heads instead.

Teak prize chest, level 44: Did you test it? I've checked out all of the other fansites and they are repeating the same gold leaf requirement. However, that might just be because they've copied from the knowledge base. OnYz has kindly gone and built a teak prize chest for us. It does need gold leaf, so I've moved the information about design.

(To be continued as I code more. :aware: (It hasn't been uploaded yet, so the website won't be different))

^^, we cant use that picture, it is from wikia and they could sue sal if he used it, we need to get our own copyright

I was wading through the wiki's articles this evening and I came across the following:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/User:Tarik.../Image_Contract

I gave Merch a video of Albert (recorded by lilshu) doing the emote. I don't know why she hasn't posted it yet. :aware:

:)

(It's ok Merch, I know you have irl things. :))

~Dr Skull

I just found this one for you

Level 29:

Parlour Oak bookcase Oak planks x3 cost=750

It should be cost=250, like the others underneath it.

Love the guide, its really helpful!

I think it would look nice if you made the font normal and not bold.

Also...is that intro about the columns necessary.

other than that......one of the longest and most detailed guide ever written in these forums

this is ridiculous. Kudos and thank you so much on a very excelent written guide, I totally wish that I had had this for 1-69 construction... this will be a huge help for so many people who have no idea about this skill, its incredibly detailed and amazing all over.

~kugel

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.