Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mole leader

Summoning Guide - Complete

Ogres (level 53+) - There are many different Ogres across RuneScape, but the most popular place to kill them is in King Lathas' Training Camp, where there are several level 53 Ogres that can be trained on safely.

They are level 63 :blink:

Edited by 32201

Might I add some suggestions for training methods?

4-16

Go to the canafis or the port sarim store and buy 275 raw chickens. WIth the 275 gold charms you get this should get you to 16 summoning. An easy way to train is to move your house to taverly and fill your inventory with charms pouches spirit shards and falador+House teleport runes/tabs. If you are using runes you can wield either a water/air/earth/mud staff to get more inventory space. Fill the rest of your inventory with raw chickens. Also wield as many weight decreasing items as you can.

For the monsters: Zammy warriors In the new Dungeons ( Level 84 and 85) are good for gold charms. They have low hp and drop alot of rune scims and rune daggers (Last time I went there I had 5 rune daggers 4 rune scims)

Skill guides often include a fast training method inbedded but hey.

also fire giants are decent for blue charms

and Zammy warriors are decent for godl charms

I've killed about 200 fire giants and not got a single Blue Charm. :blink:

Strange I had 2 blue charms almost right after eachother. =/

i just got a blue charm from the level 64 wolves so you can add that on

I've killed about 200 fire giants and not got a single Blue Charm. :(

Strange I had 2 blue charms almost right after eachother. =/

Well, I guess it's just down to luck. But I'm pretty sure they don't drop nearly as many Blue Charms as they do Gold.

You have a linking error near the end of your post.

:P I made a few mistakes there...the odd thing is, they seemed quite difficult mistakes to make!

i just got a blue charm from the level 64 wolves so you can add that on

For now I'm not adding every creature, just examples. If I listed every monster in RuneScape, the guide would be ridiculously long. The ones I include are ones with high drop rates. :D EDIT: I didn't realise I had none for the Blue Charms, I need to put some in. Thanks for jogging my memory! :)

Very good job with a start-of guide. Keep it up. I know once the information keeps pouring in this guide will become even better.

Elmo

Thanks for your support! It's very difficult to sort through the rumours to find fact, and I have had to do some serious travelling with my little Gecko to disprove that Blue Dragons drop Blue Charms by the hundreds and Fire Giants frequently drop lots of 10...

Edited by mole leader

I've heard that Giant rock crabs drop charms by the 10s (dunno which type) however they're extremely hard to kill.

Also I went to the kbd today (ended up bad for me. Got killed by a revenant while waiting outside the lair for my friend and lost 800k in stuff :() and almost every drop out of the 15 kills I did with my friend had a charm drop except for 1. We had 2 green charm drops 1 gold charm drop and 11 Crimson charm drops. Every drop had 4 charms.

Just a lil bit of info.

Excellent, so it does seem that the higher combat level of the creature you kill, the higher the Charm drop, if not the frequency of the Charm drop. That's good to know, I've had evidence from various sources, including my own experience, that supports this now. ^_^

2 important infos :

There is a infusion obelisk in karamja

(Near the player owned house portal)

And at level 10 you can talk to ur dog and endersten what he says

Want a pic for proof?

doggytalkingcp5.png

Want me to edit it and remove the other things?

(Ignore the text)

It may be a good pic for ur guide

~Friky

2 important infos back at you:

1. I realised that the Karamja one was missing as I was making a cup of tea, I added it before you posted and am working on getting a picture of me using it.

2. The guide is not complete, which is what the big red writing at the bottom is supposed to indicate...I already know that you can talk to your dog: I spoke to my terrier within about an hour of the quest being released.

I will talk about pets later, but for now I need to finish the basics to the skill.

Ok dude calm down...

was just trying to help ^_^

ALso baby gecko

Is in the spot really near the shaikan from two bain trio

~Friky

Sorry just noticed you fixed it.

A tip: Make a table of content and number your headings of the guide parts

If you don't know something to write about. Write a bit about the chaos dungeon. It is an awesome place to test out your new familiars or maybe write a bit about the new screens for summoning with a lil explanation about the parts. Write things about the monsters special attacks etc.

Edited by Renegade3540

Sorry, you just sounded as if you were patronising me just a little bit! ^_^

I know where Geckos are, I'm not new to the skill, mine's at 60% ^_^

EDIT: I do the contents last, means I don't make a mistake...let me finish the guide first?? Before I go insane??

Edited by mole leader

Great guide! btw there is one more kind of charm.

it's called an abyssal charm. It is used to make

abyssal creatures. However, I don't have a pic :aware:

abyssal_charm.gifAbyssal charms - only dropped by creatures of The Abyss. Note: These, like Obsidian Charms, are not stackable

[img=http://www.runescape.com/img/kbase/skills/summoning/items/abyssal_charm.gif] [b]Abyssal charms[/b] - only dropped by creatures of [url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/abyssal_space.html"]The Abyss[/url].  Note: These, like Obsidian Charms, are not stackable

Edited by Daddeh

daddeh--pic doesn't work

anyway, has anyone done making money with summoning yet?

There is a way!

all u have to do is make purchase the items and get charms, then make scrolls. since each pouch is worth 10 scrolls it makes huge money!

The prices will probably settle down after a little while, but I'm sure someone else will make a Money-Making guide, which can be linked to this later. What with the prices of Spirit Shards dropping soon, it will be difficult for someone to write one right now.

As to Abyssal Charms, I had not heard of them yet; I will get killing those Abyssals right away! :P (After all, the Abyss was my home for a while whilst I got all of the Pouches <_<)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.