Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mole leader

Summoning Guide - Complete

At lvl 16 the best place to lvl up is Piscatoris, mine the iron ore south of the colony and use the obelisk in the cave also south of the colony, to make the granite crabs, it's the quickest way i find.

Edited by Jacup Ellis

abyssal_charm.gifAbyssal charms - only dropped by creatures of The Abyss. Note: These, like Obsidian Charms, are not stackable

- Just to test it...

And gl on the guide

EDIT:

It definetly works, you must jus be lagging

Edited by Daddeh

Piscatoris!! That's another one I forgot! :wub:

Again, this is NOT a training guide. It is a guide to the skill itself.

EDIT: ff?

Anyway, you shouldn't take directly from the RuneScape website, it needs to be hosted on another site first, and I prefer to take them myself rather than pinch them.

Edited by mole leader

K (ff=fire fox)

I took it because I was having trouble with gimp, so my transparencies werent working

Looking good so far and it's definitely going to be a big help for a lot of people. I really like the summoning interface diagram you have there as well, it's a good reference to have in the guide. :)

One suggestion: On most of your maps, you're using a thin red circle to point out each location - maybe use a thicker line, or a different color (like yellow) that contrasts with the color of the map to make them easier to see?

Different familiars have different abilities and different Scrolls. When you interact with your Familiar, they can perform an Ability, which will not drain your Summoning Points or Special Bar. Following the Dreadfowl example, if you talk to it and select "farming boost," your Farming level will temporarily increase by one.

Also mention that when you are 10 levels higher than the required level to summon a familiar, you will be able to understand what its saying. However, this excludes all familiars requiring level 91 and above to summon because you can't get above level 100. You also will never be able to understand any Abyssal familiars as they speak gibberish.

Nice guide by the way. Best skill guide I've seen in a long time :P

How about trapping pets???

all i know is that u can purchase dogs from the pet shop and box trap geckos on karamja.

One suggestion: On most of your maps, you're using a thin red circle to point out each location - maybe use a thicker line, or a different color (like yellow) that contrasts with the color of the map to make them easier to see?

Yeah, I was a bit irritated at my version of Paint, which only allows such thin lines...I'll use a different program to remake the maps.

Thanks for the support! :dead:

Also mention that when you are 10 levels higher than the required level to summon a familiar, you will be able to understand what its saying. However, this excludes all familiars requiring level 91 and above to summon because you can't get above level 100. You also will never be able to understand any Abyssal familiars as they speak gibberish.

Nice guide by the way. Best skill guide I've seen in a long time :lol:

I was going to add something about understanding familiars, but I really had no idea as to what levels it takes to understand your familiar, so that helps a lot! :) And thanks, I'm only trying to do my best; it's a big skill, which requires a lot of effort to make a coherant guide! :dead:

I'll remake the maps for you. I'll have'm posted within 24 hours or so :dead:

Don't worry mate, it won't take me long. Thanks for the offer, in any case! :(

Nice guide, helps so far. @stevo: It is still in progress :)

Thanks for saving me from typing that yet again! -.-

Different familiars have different abilities and different Scrolls. When you interact with your Familiar, they can perform an Ability, which will not drain your Summoning Points or Special Bar. Following the Dreadfowl example, if you talk to it and select "farming boost," your Farming level will temporarily increase by one.

familiars: Capatalise the F you forgot this in other parts of your guide to

Will not: Should be: won't

farming boost: Capatalise Farming.

Just some small beauty mistakes =P

Also not sure if you planned on doing this however it would be nice if you made a Secondary effect section. Which would include the effects like beast of burden, Forager, etc (I know It's incomplete just wasn't sure if you forgot about this or not)

Edited by Renegade3540

familiars: Capatalise the F you forgot this in other parts of your guide to

Will get right on it :/

farming boost: Capatalise Farming.

Will do! :P

Will not: Should be: won't

"Will not" is perfectly good English! :rolleyes:

EDIT: I am going to put a full list of requirements in table form, will see if there is enough space for bonuses in that table; if there isn't, I'll probably put it in a different table.

Edited by mole leader

Will not is perfectly good English however it generally isn't used as much because won't sounds better =P

Gj on the guide so far btw :rolleyes:

I wanted to put some emphasis that it won't drain the skill, hence will not makes it seem more important. :rolleyes:

I am trying to get a hold of a better version of Paint, and failing; every program I try either can't change the thickness of lines or can't draw circles without filling in the middle. Will continue work on the guide later on, when I can switch to my home computer which has a decent version of Paint!

Here are the maps with bigger circles =P

piscatorascolonyobeliskwq8.png

[img=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7858/piscatorascolonyobeliskwq8.png]

kharidiandesertobeliskns6.png

[img=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8606/kharidiandesertobeliskns6.png]

gutannothobelisksr4.png

[img=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7977/gutannothobelisksr4.png]

mortmyreobelisktw6.png

[img=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5664/mortmyreobelisktw6.png]

karamjansummoningobelislu8.png

[img=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/75/karamjansummoningobelislu8.png]

Hope thats good enough =/

Oh, so I should just do the other two, then?!?! :s

Hehe, I'm only kidding! :( That's a really big help, thanks for doing all those for me!

Sorry I haven't done much on the guide today, I've been quite busy, not had time for even a quick go on RuneScape...I started the table for the Pouches, and am hoping to get that done quickly...I've always hated making tables with HTML, but I usually manage. :xd:

Thanks for everyone's support so far, it helps keep me going for a bit longer. :s

Looking very good. Especially for a skill that doesnt have much info out about it at the moment.

Keep up the good work.

This is found just south-west of Pollnivneach, across the bridge, to the west and down a ladder. Another way to get there is to travel to Nardah, where there is a bank, via Magic Carpet and walk east until you reach the ladder. Due to it being in the middle of the desert, there is no shop to be found. Be sure to bring your Standard Desert Travelling Gear (Desert Robes or Graahk Armour, Waterskins and a knife), and watch out for the level 63 Crocodiles!

Travelling -> Traveling

Fire giants (level 86) - A popular place to kill these is under the Baxtorian Falls, accessed during the Waterfall quest. They are aggressive, but will stop attacking you if you remain there for long enough. They drop mostly Gold Charms, but are known to drop Green, Blue and Crimson occassionally, too.

occassionally -> occasionally

[*]Special points remaining - This is similar to the special meter on weapons with special attacks, and goes down every time you use a Scroll. The amount goes down in different amounts, depending on what scroll you use, and recharges over time. Note: This is seperate to your weapon's special bar, so if you use one, the other remains unaffected.

seperate -> separate

glad to see someone working on a guide for this, when i started i did'nt realize you had to make it into a wolf bag then convert it into a wolf scroll, so i got rid of one, then i had to make another one :mellow:

did i mention that someone was KSing on the mountain with a lvl 95, one-hit killing everything took me forever to get a wolf bone

Edited by xwarriorzark

Mistakes corrected, thanks for all the support!

(Just so you know, I am still working on the guide, I am just taking and uploading pictures of pouches at the moment. You won't see any noticeable changes other than the table in the codebox, and I will be adding other tables, i.e. Experience per Shard for each Pouch.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.