Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mole leader

Summoning Guide - Complete

I've seen that you got transparent pictures from charms but they weren't the same size (the one had more transparent pixels then the other)

28i15j4.gif

[IMG=http://i29.tinypic.com/28i15j4.gif]

zl5h86.gif

[IMG=http://i28.tinypic.com/zl5h86.gif]

2w6cpya.gif

[IMG=http://i26.tinypic.com/2w6cpya.gif]

2mewqqr.gif

[IMG=http://i30.tinypic.com/2mewqqr.gif]

s3izh0.gif

[IMG=http://i27.tinypic.com/s3izh0.gif]

2s7jndv.gif

[IMG=http://i28.tinypic.com/2s7jndv.gif]

Thanks so much for all of your help, Roy; what with the past few weeks being perhaps the most hectic week of my life (not to mention having to completely restore my computer :aware: ) I've found it very hard to spend even enough time to somply check the forums.

However, I expect in the next couple of weeks to have some more spare time, and actually make progress on the guide...been a bit disappointed with the progress I've actually made, and a little upset. It should really get done, ready to be updated when the next half is released. :)

I think this guide should be combined into this guide.

Most skill guides have a link to a training guide embedded into them; I think this will definitely happen for the Summoning Guide. I think dei wei has done a good job of it so far, and look forward to seeing how it turns out. :aware:

There are many different Ogres across RuneScape, but the most popular place to kill them is in King Lathas' Training Camp, where there are several level 63 Ogres that can be trained on safely

The ogres at the training camp do not drop charms. They only drop seeds. There are some ogres east of castle wars that I find very good spots for charms though.

You might want to remvoe wolves for blue charms (I tried em never dropped em for me)

Add abberant spectres. They're level 96 60 slayer required in a task of 116 I got 16 blue charms from them not bad since most tasks reward me with about 0-2 charms a task.

Flies - Used to feed Baby Geckos, and helps when catching them with a Box trap (level 10 Summoning and 27 Hunter)

Beetle bits - Used to feed adult Geckos.

The pet store owner, when spoken to, will also sell you a dog of your choice for 500gp. You must have done the Wolf Whistle quest to buy one.

Corrections in bold.

Mole leader, if you want i can give you all the best charm droppers. I even will give you a step to step from 1-99. All i want is me as your partner for this guide or in the credits. Just if you need any help :aware:

Here is a few charm droppers teh best i know, Black Demons,hellhounds, rock lobsters, giant rock crabs, gargoyles, necheyreal..uh something..and spiritual warriors and rangers. All drop at a good rate. Dont forget Waterfiends!

Mole leader, if you want i can give you all the best charm droppers. I even will give you a step to step from 1-99. All i want is me as your partner for this guide or in the credits. Just if you need any help :)

Here is a few charm droppers teh best i know, Black Demons,hellhounds, rock lobsters, giant rock crabs, gargoyles, necheyreal..uh something..and spiritual warriors and rangers. All drop at a good rate. Dont forget Waterfiends!

How do you know these if you are freeplay? :aware:

Sorry just noticed you fixed it.

A tip: Make a table of content and number your headings of the guide parts

If you don't know something to write about. Write a bit about the chaos dungeon. It is an awesome place to test out your new familiars or maybe write a bit about the new screens for summoning with a lil explanation about the parts. Write things about the monsters special attacks etc.

Another thing about that, most of the monsters in this dungeon drop charms. Cave bugs are the lowest lvl monster that has the best drop rate of them. Mention Vampire Bats and Karamulthu Overlord, the two best monsters for slayer tasks.

Mate don't question me. This is my f2p pure, i have a main thats p2p. I have studied summoning for a LONG TIME. I know a lot fo what i am doing :aware:

Sorry just noticed you fixed it.

A tip: Make a table of content and number your headings of the guide parts

If you don't know something to write about. Write a bit about the chaos dungeon. It is an awesome place to test out your new familiars or maybe write a bit about the new screens for summoning with a lil explanation about the parts. Write things about the monsters special attacks etc.

Another thing about that, most of the monsters in this dungeon drop charms. Cave bugs are the lowest lvl monster that has the best drop rate of them. Mention Vampire Bats and Karamulthu Overlord, the two best monsters for slayer tasks.

Mate don't question me. This is my f2p pure, i have a main thats p2p. I have studied summoning for a LONG TIME. I know a lot fo what i am doing :aware:

Well all I know is that your profile says:

R.S. Status: Freeplay

I thought there was a chance you were ripping information, but I guess that since you have a p2p character its ok :)

Thanks to everyone for their help - I know there isn't much visible change in the guide, but these tables are taking me some time.

@Guthix High Druid, people offer their help if they want to help. It's not right to almost...blackmail me to make me add you to the help section...anyone that helps will be added to the help section, but that shouldn't be done by with-holding any information until you are added to the help section. :aware:

Thanks to everyone for their help - I know there isn't much visible change in the guide, but these tables are taking me some time.

@Guthix High Druid, people offer their help if they want to help. It's not right to almost...blackmail me to make me add you to the help section...anyone that helps will be added to the help section, but that shouldn't be done by with-holding any information until you are added to the help section. :aware:

Is that why i got a verbal warn? Uh oh..sorry..didnt see of it like that...I would like to help though!

should add bank:yes/no after store and obelisk :aware:

you can buy snails after your done in aid of the marquee

Edited by Aiedail41

Quick question;

Is there a list of spots that u actually can use summoning special moves cause i have wasted about 50 summoing scrolls in vairous places :aware:

I tried Lumby chicken farm, Edgeville dungeon etc

Quick question;

Is there a list of spots that u actually can use summoning special moves cause i have wasted about 50 summoing scrolls in vairous places :aware:

I tried Lumby chicken farm, Edgeville dungeon etc

Yes, you can use attack scrolls in any multi-way combat area. I may wish to add that, thanks for asking about it :)

It would be a good idea to add a table of contents. Besides that it is looking like a good guide.

Good guide, very detailed. I have no clue why so many people are flaming you for youre grammar and stuff.

Thanks, before this I didnt quite get summoning, now I understand it better. But I still could use some clarification on how summoning points are used.

- Is it when you summon youre pet, you lose points, but after that, you lose none unless you resummon it? or is it like prayer, where as the pet is on, you lose points?

- I heard that it takes points to make the pet, is this true?

Just some clarification needed for another noob.

Edited by Imp

Good guide, very detailed. I have no clue why so many people are flaming you for youre grammar and stuff.

Thanks, before this I didnt quite get summoning, now I understand it better. But I still could use some clarification on how summoning points are used.

- Is it when you summon youre pet, you lose points, but after that, you lose none unless you resummon it? or is it like prayer, where as the pet is on, you lose points?

- I heard that it takes points to make the pet, is this true?

Just some clarification needed for another noob.

Hmm, looking at the guide, it isn't that clear whether you lose points when you get out a pet; it's sort of hidden in the Summoning and Scrolls section:

Before learning how to Summon you should be aware of something: "familiars" are creatures that are Summoned, and are temporary, wheras Pets are bought or captured and are permanent, unless you die with them in your pack or choose to dismiss them. (See section on Pets for more information)

This could be clearer, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

You don't lose points when you have a pet, wheras when you summon a familiar, you do. When you renew the familiar timer, you lose more points. I'll tweak the wording a bit to make it a little clearer.

"Even though your pet may be nothing more than pixels and coding, but it has to be fed!"

This sentence doesn't make sense. It should be:

"Even though your pet may be nothing more than pixels and coding, it has to be fed!" or something.

Overall, awesome job on the guide. :aware:

Cat

Just trying out the Stronghold of player safety... The cocroach soldiers(lvl 83) give A LOT of crimson charms. Probably best number in game (maybe waterfiends better)...

Almost every time they give one, or they give runes(deaths, bloods, laws).

Great for not only training, but also hangin with friends, and for(obviousl) runes and crimson charms

You should add that the higher your Summoning level the longer familiars last for before needing to be renewed.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.