Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mole leader

Summoning Guide - Complete

All mistakes I fixed:

[*]A Charm, of which you would need a different colour depending on what Pouch you are making. These are more difficult to get a hold of, as they are given as drops. Pikkupstix gives you a fair amount to start with, but the following creatures, listed by Jagex, have high Charm drop rates (most lower level creatures drop one Charm at a time, whereas higher levels, such as Dragons, drop multiple Charms, depending on how strong they are; e.g. a Fire Giant drops Charms one at a time, whereas the King Black Dragon drops four):

you have a Dreadfowl Pouch, you can click "Transform Dreadfowl Strike Scroll." You will receive 10 scrolls.

Before learning how to Summon you should be aware of something: "Familiars" are creatures that are Summoned, and are temporary, whereas Pets are bought or captured

Some of the secondary ingredients are harder to acquire than others, and below is a list of where to get them. Remember that the Grand Exchange can be your best friend when leveling Summoning,

Well, I have no idea why you pointed out three correct spellings. I suppose you got one, with "leveling" :aware:

EDIT: Levelling was already spelled correctly, too... :aware:

Edited by mole leader

You should probably add this to the quick links:

Summoning help guide

[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=205865"]Summoning help guide[/url]

A link will be added when the help guide is on the site. Otherwise, the link would be inaccessible whilst the guide is still on the forums. :aware:

Summoning help guide

[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=205865"]Summoning help guide[/url]

You can't be sure if the guide gets put on the site, You linked to a forum topic, People from the site would need to have an account to view the guide so for now it wouldn't help.

Summoning help guide

You can't be sure if the guide gets put on the site, You linked to a forum topic, People from the site would need to have an account to view the guide so for now it wouldn't help.

Wow, you were seconds behind beating me to it! :aware:

EDIT: Whoops, thought this was the leveling up guide! Sorry, 'bout that. :aware:

Edited by MidnightBlood

Could you probably find out approximately how much money it will cost to get to 99. That would be very helpful.

That would be impossible / very hard too do. It all depends on how you train, If you take the fast route or the cheap way.

EDIT: Nvm, You changed your post. :aware:

Edited by Ambo100

Crimson Charms - e.g. Red Spiders, Hellhounds, Greater Demons

hellhounds are very good for gold charms, not for crimsons

Abyssal Charms - ... Note: These are also non-stackable, and are used: , shouldn't be there

Abyssal Charms - ... Note: These are also non-stackable, and are used: , shouldn't be there

The examples are just creatures that happen to drop these charms, not so much ways to get them. And why do you want to get rid of the note on abyssal charms? A little more detail would be helpful.

Nice guide. Here is one thing I think you should mention.

You can buy Raw Thin Snails from the General Store in Burgh de Rott. You need to have completed the quest up to the part where you repair the General Store.

Nice guide. Here is one thing I think you should mention.

You can buy Raw Thin Snails from the General Store in Burgh de Rott. You need to have completed the quest up to the part where you repair the General Store.

Great point! Thanks! :aware:

The examples are just creatures that happen to drop these charms, not so much ways to get them. And why do you want to get rid of the note on abyssal charms? A little more detail would be helpful.

oh, ok, but still, noting monsters that drop a lot of the charms would be nice to :aware:

and @ abyssal charms, you have wrting stackable, and

that , shouldnt' be there :aware:

Complete

It isn't complete, summoning batch 2 hasn't even come out yet and you haven't put them in even if they have.

Complete

It isn't complete, summoning batch 2 hasn't even come out yet and you haven't put them in even if they have.

I know that, that's obvious. As to "and you haven't put them in," I'm not psychic. :aware:

I expect batch 2 to come out soon, and when it does, I can add more to the guide, and it can be updated when I finish the next batch of Familiars etc. The guide itself shouldn't need much tweaking, I just need to take more screenshots, add more info and put it all in the tables.

@Dreaky,

Still not following you with the Charms. Abyssal Charms aren't stackable, or weren't the last time I checked. I bet when I realise what you're talking about I'll hit myself in the head for being an idiot, though! :aware:

Nice Guide, Awesome ;D

Don't care about those peoples that are saying it's bad.

~ ColorShade

Flies - Used to feed Baby Geckos, and helps when catching them with a Box trap (level 10 Summoning and 27 Hunter). Also feeds Chameleons.

Beetle bits - Used to feed adult Geckos.

You wrote "Baby Geckos" but also "adult Geckos" Fix the capital letters.

Flies - Used to feed Baby Geckos, and helps when catching them with a Box trap (level 10 Summoning and 27 Hunter). Also feeds Chameleons.

Beetle bits - Used to feed adult Geckos.

You wrote "Baby Geckos" but also "adult Geckos" Fix the capital letters.

Capital letterS Always confuse Me :aware:

:aware:

Complete

@Dreaky,

Still not following you with the Charms. Abyssal Charms aren't stackable, or weren't the last time I checked. I bet when I realise what you're talking about I'll hit myself in the head for being an idiot, though! :aware:

you can hit me because it's only a grammar mistake: you wrote a , where there shouldn't be a , :aware:

Wow, great guide! This has taken a long time to put together, and a lot of work has clearly gone into it - it's great to see it complete (at least until the new summoning creatures are released)! It's very organized and detailed, and I'm sure it will be a big help to many people. You even coded the tables -- that will make my job a lot easier. :aware: Excellent work, I'll get this guide added to the site as soon as possible. :)

-Accepted- :aware:

Thank you on accepting the guide, Sal! :)

It HAS taken a long time, and I think that's mainly due to things in real life distracting me from gaming for a little while, so that's kind of my fault.

As for coding the tables, that's the only way you can write tables on the forums; I assumed it was compulsory. But you're welcome! :)

A big thanks to everyone who helped with the guide, you certainly pointed out a few daft mistakes as well as giving me useful information! :aware:

And as for the next Summoning batch:

Progress has been made on Summoning 2 and we plan to have this released by the end of the month. It is currently past the balancing and entering the final QA stages.

So hopefully it will be added soon, and I can take some more screenshots! Woohoo! :aware:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.