Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
snl2549

Macworld

I'm surprised nobody made a topic about Macworld yet!!!

The Apple TV (Take 2) was announced, which lets you rent movies directly to your TV with no computer.

Itunes movie rentals was announced.

The Macbook Air was announced, the world's thinnest laptop computer. Steve jobs actually pulled it out of an interoffice envelope, it was so thin!

A GPS thing for the Iphone was announced...

I really wanted some more updates to the iPod or the iPhone, but then again, the iPhone is still pretty hot on the market.

i got the update for ipod touch its awesome. I personally don't like the mac book air though i hate that there is no ethernet port and no optical drive to. Also the itunes rental are a good idea.

The Apple TV (Take 2) was announced, which lets you rent movies directly to your TV with no computer.

Netflix already does this.

I know because I'm subscripted to netflix.

Yes, but as soon as you want to take your movie with you on your portable device (besides a laptop) you out of luck :D .

Yeah, the only bad part of the Air is no CD Drive, but I can cope with it because it is freaking thin!! I have 3 macs, but i still use the Netflix service, just cause. The GPS for the iPhone is a great idea, too.

There's a feature which lets your Macbook Air use a Mac or PC(zomg)'s optical drive. There would still be too much hassle though.

I don't mind the MacBook Air. Personally after the upgrades, the MacBook Air is as much as a MacBook Pro. Truly I would like a small workhorse, like a 13" MacBook Pro. Just like when they had the 12" PowerBook.

Netflix is the best thing ever.

If you like netflix and video games check out gamefly, you gte free games to keep just for subscribing certain amounts of time. It's netflix for games, almost exactly. <-- Shameless advertising

I really love the new macbook air, and I'm fine with just using another computers optical drive.

I've seen this one as well. The Macbook Air is sexy. :(

It's funny how Apple attempts to promote iTunes and the Apple TV while they're explaining why the Macbook Air doesn't have an optical drive. :P

The "Time Capsule" is neat too: a wireless router and a 500GB/1TB hard drive. The price is okay, too.

-Knight Haleth

That's funny, because if I recall, the thinnest laptop in the world is Sony's Vaio X505, which is slightly smaller than the Air and it even has a Ethernet port.

There's a feature which lets your Macbook Air use a Mac or PC(zomg)'s optical drive. There would still be too much hassle though.

I knox esspicly if your copy of leoaprd has newworking problems.

That's funny, because if I recall, the thinnest laptop in the world is Sony's Vaio X505, which is slightly smaller than the Air and it even has a Ethernet port.

Not anymore

I knox esspicly if your copy of leoaprd has newworking problems.

Reason #1 to not buy a mac

Not anymore

Excuse me while I go lose hope in the human race...

here's a list you may want to check out before embarrassing yourself again:

www.google.com

www.live.com

www.dogpile.com

And many more!

But, assuming you are true to your personality and refuse to use said site, the Air is .76 inches, and the X505 is .75 inches, thats a difference of .01 inches in the X505's favor. Are you with me here?

Oh, and the X505 does not come packaged with networking problems that the manufacturer has yet to fix. If you want this extra feature, you may want to check out the Macbook Air.

Edited by Ubel

Not only do you get that gps, but 90 shortcuts! :)

Not really impressed by anything else. :P Wow, a thin laptop! Be a man, carry a brick. :mellow:

i got the update for ipod touch its awesome. I personally don't like the mac book air though i hate that there is no ethernet port and no optical drive to. Also the itunes rental are a good idea.

Shame Apple feels the need to charge £12.99/$20.00 just to get 5 new applications on the Ipod Touch, that should have been there when it was first released. Best part is, new Ipod Touch's come with the new apps free.

It was already way overpriced when I bought it, and now they're throwing in stupid charges for stupid updates, I can imagine them all sat around a big table, in a room full of dirty money, while using a £10 to light their cigars, laughing and saying, "Well they should have bought the Iphone then" :closedeyes:.

Edited by Fruitpastles

I was wandering how the thing of putting the movies on your ipod works. i mean does it say there until the next time you connect it to a computer or when you put a rented movie on your ipod you can just leave it there? technically i think its possible to watch the movie way over its rental time on the ipod if you charge it through a non computer dock.

Shame Apple feels the need to charge £12.99/$20.00 just to get 5 new applications on the Ipod Touch, that should have been there when it was first released. Best part is, new Ipod Touch's come with the new apps free.

It was already way overpriced when I bought it, and now they're throwing in stupid charges for stupid updates, I can imagine them all sat around a big table, in a room full of dirty money, while using a £10 to light their cigars, laughing and saying, "Well they should have bought the Iphone then" <_<.

Actually i quite like the ipod Touch and iPhone. I've heard rumors that google are going to help provide a free package for both platforms :D sounds like good news.

I was wandering how the thing of putting the movies on your ipod works. i mean does it say there until the next time you connect it to a computer or when you put a rented movie on your ipod you can just leave it there? technically i think its possible to watch the movie way over its rental time on the ipod if you charge it through a non computer dock.

I would imagine Apple are using DRM, so it only works for so long.

Digital Rights Management. Its for placing restrictions on content.

I've got an iPod nano (2nd Generation) and it's so old now... :wizard:

I wish i had an iPod touch..Butthe Mac Air is so thin , that it would,

Fall on someone's head and snap in half :o :ph34r:

Not anymore

:(

Quite possibly the oddest thing I've heard today...

Macworld. [readying anti-flame shields]Quite possibly the most over-hyped conference in history of mankind...[/end flame shield]

In the end, the MacBook Air isn't that much thinner than the current MacBook. Comparing the reported thickness with the MacBook I had for a few days from school, I didn't see much of an improvement for the $1800 price tag.