Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arkwright

The World Being Created In 6 Days

Flaws? :aware: Some of it may not agree with modern science, but we don't have enough solid proof that can disprove the Bible and it's stories... Nor do we really have any proof to prove them :aware:

The biggest "flaws" I see are just people's opinions and disagreements with the bible :)

What proof do you need exactly?

God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree

Light was created after (1:14), lack of knowledge of photosynthesis is displayed here.

The creationist account is also contray to science for instance the earth is created before light

One last one,

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Because we all know the moon produces light.

Edited by Acid

I've actually heard something about this. "Day" is not a literal translation. The original Bible (written in Latin, I believe) had a word that meant something along the lines of "unit of time," not day in specific. This could be any amount of time, from a second to a hundred years. So one "day" per se could actually have been a very large amount of years, it was just one period of time in which God did that certain action.

You say we know for a fact that the earth is millions of years old (I've actually read articles on wikipedia that say billions).

That is not a fact. Science can only be assumed true until it's proven wrong and the assumed age of the earth has grown exponentially over the years from several million years to several billion years. You cannot say it's a fact, all you can really say is that the earth is more than 5-7 thousand years old (when human records first began to appear). Please don't state theory or assumption as fact, I try not to.

Please don't question the point that I'm assuming God is all powerful, if He weren't than He wouldn't be God ok?

God, assuming He's all powerful, as he would have to be, could have created the world before He created time and left us all to wonder how long it took or if it took any time at all, but the Bible states that it took exactly 6 days to make the earth, it's painfully clear. That sets the basis for a 7 day week with 1 day of rest which is perfect for us. There is no reason to think He could not have done it in 6 days. If you can tell me any reason why an almighty God, who cared enough to tell us exactly how long it took to make everything, should not have done it that way, than please enlighten me.

You also say that some say this is the biggest flaw of Christianity. It's not a flaw because it's not a fact.

One of the biggest flaws of evolution is that it requires millions/billions of years for it all to happen. You must have some explanation for how the earth and life survived solar radiation and heat for billions of years. This article in Wikipedia states in the first paragraph an age for the beginning of life at between 2.7 and 4.4 billion years ago. If the earth is 4.54 billion years old [*] and the sun is 4.57 billion years old [*] and the sun is decaying slowly because of it's use of materials over the years than if you reverse that process the sun becomes larger and more powerful, right?

Go back about 50 thousand years and the earth (at the distance it would have been from the sun back then) would be far to hot for most life. Go back 4.5 billion years to when the earth came around and... I've no idea what happened in between... My logic leads me to the conclusion that it was really hot back then to say the least... What am I missing. If you'd like to PM about this I'd be glad to hear it, I'm always open to something new to think about =)

could be a I Dont know how you call it in english in spanish is a "metaphora" I got the word fiurately, cuz sciense has divided the earth in 7 ages till now so the 7 days could represent the 7 ages? I am not cristhian and I dont believe in the bible tho, worst if litteraly cuz in that and many other things the bible is litteraly wrong but even priests say the bible should be taken figurately.

You say we know for a fact that the earth is millions of years old (I've actually read articles on wikipedia that say billions).

That is not a fact. Science can only be assumed true until it's proven wrong and the assumed age of the earth has grown exponentially over the years from several million years to several billion years. You cannot say it's a fact, all you can really say is that the earth is more than 5-7 thousand years old (when human records first began to appear). Please don't state theory or assumption as fact, I try not to.

Please don't question the point that I'm assuming God is all powerful, if He weren't than He wouldn't be God ok?

God, assuming He's all powerful, as he would have to be, could have created the world before He created time and left us all to wonder how long it took or if it took any time at all, but the Bible states that it took exactly 6 days to make the earth, it's painfully clear. That sets the basis for a 7 day week with 1 day of rest which is perfect for us. There is no reason to think He could not have done it in 6 days. If you can tell me any reason why an almighty God, who cared enough to tell us exactly how long it took to make everything, should not have done it that way, than please enlighten me.

You also say that some say this is the biggest flaw of Christianity. It's not a flaw because it's not a fact.

One of the biggest flaws of evolution is that it requires millions/billions of years for it all to happen. You must have some explanation for how the earth and life survived solar radiation and heat for billions of years. This article in Wikipedia states in the first paragraph an age for the beginning of life at between 2.7 and 4.4 billion years ago. If the earth is 4.54 billion years old [*] and the sun is 4.57 billion years old [*] and the sun is decaying slowly because of it's use of materials over the years than if you reverse that process the sun becomes larger and more powerful, right?

Go back about 50 thousand years and the earth (at the distance it would have been from the sun back then) would be far to hot for most life. Go back 4.5 billion years to when the earth came around and... I've no idea what happened in between... My logic leads me to the conclusion that it was really hot back then to say the least... What am I missing. If you'd like to PM about this I'd be glad to hear it, I'm always open to something new to think about =)

I don't need to pm you or really argue with you; I believe in God and am also a Christian. But- alot of people do believe that the earth was created billions of years ago, and as far as I am concerned, science does have a big say in this subject. I'm not saying that the earth was created in 4.6 billion years, but I am saying that we can't just throw this off merely as a theory especially when so many people use this theory as a "flaw" to Christianity. :aware: But yes, my bad for saying that we knew the earth took millions of years to create was a fact, I do know that this isn't completely proven yet.

And to Acid, I don't need proof, but I don't believe we have enough solid proof to prove Christianity to be true. I rely on faith, though; not on scientific theories.

Edited by Arkwright

we know for a fact today that the earth took millions of years to form into a livable planet. Some consider this the biggest flaw in Christianity

Lies all lies......

big bang theory is a lie

also the bull that all those tax payers pay for scientists to spew out is all lies

God is my guide and creator

He breathed life into me and my ancestors

Edited by archer10138

Lies all lies......

big bang theory is a lie

also the bull that all those tax payers pay for scientists to spew out is all lies

Need to work on the sarcasm there...

By the way, Big Bang theory doesn't oppose the idea of God in the slightest - just makes Him all the more amazing. But surely you understand why the bible doesn't mention it? No one would believe any of the bible after that, so a story was invented called Genesis.

Edited by Thomas154321

Lies all lies......

big bang theory is a lie

Need to work on the sarcasm there...

By the way, Big Bang theory doesn't oppose the idea of God in the slightest - just makes Him all the more amazing. But surely you understand why the bible doesn't mention it? No one would believe any of the bible after that, so a story was invented called Genesis.

If the Bible were to say how the earth was created into more detail, people would use this against the Bible and make up some other theory in contradiction to the Bible.

Edited by Arkwright

I don't know why he would need to rest, but that's what the Bible says and that's what I believe, I was raised learnign this stuff so I believe it all happened in that order and how it happened.

It's ignorant and stupid to assume everything in the Bible should be taken word for word. The Bible, in all likelyhood was created by regular people, hell maybe even prophets. But if he was enthusiastic enough about his god to write an entire book or possibly a testement about him, dont you think that there is just an itsy bitsy chance thathe might've stretched the truth a little? My point is, you have to look deeper than the words on a page, or what you are taught in church, sunday school, etc, and use logic to try to interperate what the person writing it really meant to say.

Personally I think god created the earth, but I think the 6 days thing is just a metaphor, after all the concept of time is a human characteristic, and humans most likely came far after the creation of the universe.

I know this is a rather shaky argument, but it is all my opinion. :aware:

It wouldn't matter if God preformed miracles or not. Jesus preformed countless miracles, yet the vast majority of people did not believe in Him.

Anecdotal Evidence: An informal account of evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay. The term is often used in contrast to scientific evidence.

Seriously. :)

You see, this is why I like reading the Bible. So many weird storys. :aware:

No, I think the earth was created over billions of years. :)

Ah, yet you see, what thre Bible refers to as 'days' may be millions upon millions of years. We have no idea. What GOd views as a day may be billions of our years.

Omg i hate when people say God made it lol

Umm

Big bang:(many ways it was formed)

One theory:

a white hole brang it here

a star(duh!lol)

Other's i forgot to weird to remeber

wtf? None of those theories make since.

Ive really always wondered why all of the miracles and such happened back than, and now what? Is god ignoring us, or is he just sitting up there in the cloads watching us make war wih each other.

Back to the 6 days thing, since i dont believe there is a giant man up in the sky looking down at us as though we were an experiment for the sience fair, i believe the earth took millions of years to form and even then it was still just a volcanic planet.

Yes the bible does say that it was created in 6 days because God rested on the 7th day. I believe it happened. As this is part of my personal beliefs.

The bible also says that homosexuals should be killed even though God loves each one of us and wishes us not to die unneccessarily. In that same chapter (Leviticus) it also does the same treatment to people who wear multi colored fabrics, eating shelfish and a bunch of other idiotic things. So your basing complete scientific dismissal on a 2,000 year old book written by primitive homosexual hating men who think that eating lobster is a sin?

we know for a fact today that the earth took millions of years to form into a livable planet. Some consider this the biggest flaw in Christianity

Lies all lies......

big bang theory is a lie

So your basically giving logic the finger and stuffing that finger into your ears and screaming until your illogical myth is considered fact. And here's a big hole in yur' theory ma jigger. What if God doesn't exist the way you think he exists in the Bible? What if the guys writing it had a really messed up version of what God wanted and included their own personal beliefs and wants since all men will see an opportunity to make their lives easier and take it.

Edited by Po22