Sign in to follow this  
Relleck

Has Anyone Else Had This Idea

It would be a waste of money, tbh.

well say you had 2.1bil

which i think is the max amount of gp

and just bought all the santas you could and just high alched all of them

It would still be a waste of money.

This is all a crazy idea. Nobody would actually do this...

Well, unless someone was totally evil AND knew that RuneScape is just a game.

Ruining a game economy sounds fun to me :aware:

Could that POSSIBLY b u?

i moght do it if i had the money...

Guys there are a lot more santas out there than you think there is. Unless you start some kind of High Alch Santa Hat cult it isn't going to affect the prices :aware:

He is saying if he bought 100, and alched him, that is 100 less.

Now with the thousands of people who might try to buy them, that is still 100 less that will get theirs. Causing the prices to slowly rise. But I also get your side of it too.

Theres probably close to 100k santas in circulation, 100 isnt going to throw the price off too much :aware:

See I wouldnt want to alch them, what I would do is buy all them on the same week or so keep them in the bank for a month...everyone would freak because their wasent any santas lef and then I's come out of knowhere saying I have some santas and sell them gradualy over time for ALOT of money and well you get the picture :aware:

I have actually had this idea before, of getting some kind of rare (phats, santas, etc) and dropping them out in the wildy somewhere so that they wouldnt be found and dissappear, or alching them, or something.

But you would have to be really committed to the idea to follow through with it because it is a bit pricey to just buy a rare and get rid of it or alch it.

However, a cult of rare alchers.....now that is something that sounds a little interesting.

>.>

Jagex wouldnt allow it i believe.
They can't stop you from buying the items, but if they believe price manipulation is going on, they'll step in.

Exactly my point....

They're not going to step in by making "more" santas. It would go against their policy in regards to discontinueds and rares. so your point is wrong. The only thing they might to to circumvent anyone would be to put a halt on sales of santas or whatever item it was until the market stabilized again. Just like the newly imposed limits on the GE, they'll find a way to beat you. But making new versions of rares and discontinueds is not one of them, nor does it make any sense. And for the people talking about hi alching: all you would have to do is just buy every single one that went on the market. You don't even need to hi alch it, since you would be one of the only, if not the only person with them. It doesn't really matter, sicne whatever you do it to, eventually something else will be made a new rare, and will be snapped up, like 3rd age items, or anything else that is relatively uncommon and could be used as a "money holder"

What's the point of this other than wasting gp?You just gonna make loads of people unhappy.

exactly my point :aware: