Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Common Sense

Congratulations To...

Oh no- Shu's a DM. Time to go join RSC.

:/

Really, to all you people saying the new DMs aren't well known, you're wrong. I've known Smashing YK for ages... :)

But seriously- Slashing is a perfect example of what a distinguished member should be. He has done a tremendous job with Master Neverdead's review bookcase- something I honestly though no one could do. You really shouldn't be comlaining about him. If anyone's promotion should be questioned, it's lilshu. I'm still convinced he fixed the election somehow. :aware:

Congratz to you both. You deserve it. :/

Edited by heb0

It's amazing how so many people can have a fit about another user's promotion instead of just being congratulatory. If you've seen him around the forum, that's great. If you haven't, that's great too. Just congratulate them and be done with it. They are well deserved for their promotions. If they didn't deserve it, the mods that nominated and voted him in wouldn't have done so. Way to make the guy feel unwanted on his first days.

Greatly said. I totally agree with this. How else would the mods know about him and nominate him if they hadn't known about him. Slashing has done his part with the forum and deserves his promotion. 'Nuff said. :aware:

2233755795_6f41c87eaf_o.jpg

How can you say no to that face?

That's Slashing? Never mind, he doesn't deserve it. The man's obviously unstable!!

No, that was me messing around with my camera...I got bored one night and decided to just start clicking.

Gratz Lilshu, you deserved it. :aware:

Don't know you SlashingUK, although from what I've heard you sound like you deserve it too. :)

No, that was me messing around with my camera...I got bored one night and decided to just start clicking.

Stop mediating this thread!

:aware:

But it brings out an example, I didn't know Sparhawke until his promotion, and I barely even know him now.

Edited by Definition

I have a newfound respect for you.

my little foot is growing up :aware: it wasn't too long ago when he was looking up to me, and now look where he is

oh well congrats buddy, dont forget about me :)

~Firebomb :/ lilshu~

Congrats! I love SlashingUk's stories :aware:.

Gratz to lilshu and SlashingUK. :) I see a better future already. :aware:

Don't know both of them that well (I don't even who Slashing is since I don't go into the Story Section).

But, Congratz to both of you :/ , and thanks for making the Forum a better place :/ (Not cheesy :aware: ).

~Itch :)

An old saying would do good in this topic, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Grats guys :aware:.

An old saying would do good in this topic, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

I used to go to this restaurant when I lived in San Diego called Souplantation. They had a sign that said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, say it anyways." I live by that sign.

I used to go to this restaurant when I lived in San Diego called Souplantation. They had a sign that said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, say it anyways." I live by that sign.

Yes, but you forgot how Souplantation has had some food poisonings :/, nonetheless good food :).

Edited by Definition

Congrats lilshu and slashing :)

Don't noobify me with your powers pls :aware:

Yeah I like those signs too. Then we I say something completely uncalled for they can't say anything back.

[>insert lots of quotes yadadada<]

SlashingUK isn't distinguished though. Change the title of the forum group to "Excellent Members" or something. The only reason why he's now distinguished is because he's been promoted, not because he was distinguished before then.

Wow - I do really seem to have been a controversial nomination. To those that accuse me of having narrow "appeal" - I offer the first page of the history of my count of posts:

7 Newspaper (limited access)

3 Library

3 Runescape Stories

2 Distinguished Members (limited access)

2 Guides-in-Progress

2 Runescape Updates

1 Runescape Questions

1 Marketplace

1 Debate Room

1 General Runescape Discussion

1 Forum Announcements

1 Forum and Site Discussion

I may not have contributed a great deal to the Lounge, but I'm not solely present in either the Library or the Newspaper and have my say on matters Runescape-related plenty enough. That said, since joining the Newspaper, my time for the other forums has been somewhat reduced.

Nevertheless, I hope to get to know each of you a little more in the future.

Just a general question - but is this the first time a new DM has felt moved to defend his own nomination (in which he played no part) so early in the process?

Yes, because one post in a whole section of the forums (For example, Marketplace) is having visibility/appeal. :aware: If you have posts in such a wide range of forums, then how come not many people have noticed you/heard of you? You're a great member, I know that, not distinguished though.

All I'm saying is that, some distinguished members aren't distinguished, but still excellent members. Maybe we should change the name of the group to reflect that.

EDIT: Look, let's not get this topic ruined and if some of you want to say something about my post, post it somewhere else. Why is it that people took my post so aggressively?

Edited by Numby

It's amazing how so many people can have a fit about another user's promotion instead of just being congratulatory. If you've seen him around the forum, that's great. If you haven't, that's great too. Just congratulate them and be done with it. They are well deserved for their promotions. If they didn't deserve it, the mods that nominated and voted him in wouldn't have done so. Way to make the guy feel unwanted on his first days.

Why you leave out that dms nominate and vote too? :)

you sadden me :/

:aware:

Gratz, you both deserve your pozzies :aware:

May I draw everyone's attention for a second please? Saying you don't know that member is fine, but saying that he isn't distinguished because you don't know him / you haven't seen him is stupid. As an example, Kuittaa (who stepped down later, but that's unimportant for the sake of this post) didn't post anything at all outside the RuneScape section, yet I don't believe that anyone can honestly say that he wasn't 'distinguished'. It's your behaviour, not your visibility. The member group isn't called "very visible members" or "popular members". You can be distinguished for helping out with the forum, too. Distinguished-ness (bah) isn't equal to popularity or visibility - otherwise we could just have a group for the top 20 posters, since they'd be obviously recognizable due to the sheer amount of posts they have (including my ~9400).

Many-a-people here could be whacked repeatedly with a "If you don't have anything to say, shut the <snip> up." sign. Yet many still post, all around the forums, just to exercise their fingers.

Just a general question - but is this the first time a new DM has felt moved to defend his own nomination (in which he played no part) so early in the process?
There have been other controversial nominations, yes.

As an end note, we do want to hear people's opinions about nominees - but when it reduces to putting them down constantly, it's disheartening both for the promoted and the promoters.

Epic irony @ the post below. :) (Yes, Dwarf weed is still around. :aware:)

Edited by Arianna
Post count edited, and final sentence added

Congratulations to both of you! Enjoy the benefits of free cookies and other imported goods (I think those are still around?)!!!

As an end note, we do want to hear people's opinions about nominees - but when it reduces to putting them down constantly, it's disheartening both for the promoted and the promoters.

Thanks for the support, luckily I'm not so easily disheartened. To be honest, I minded the "I don't know you, how can you be distinguished" statements less than the so called "support" I got from people saying I only posted in the Library and the Newspaper.