Sunny Beach

Is Being Gay A "flaw"?

Homosexuality  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Is being gay a "flaw"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

it is a flaw and all gay people deserve to die , womens are out there for a reason , this keeps the generation going.

I hate gay people personally so yes its a flaw.

Aren't you just a bundle of joy? :aware:

Do brown eyes and freckles stop you procreating?

No, being gay is a flaw because it prevents reproduction and without the ability to reproduce we don't exhibit one of the 7 life signs.

I'm not homophobic and I'm perfectly ok with gay people but it is undeniably not meant to happen.

We're not sterile. We just prefer having sex with the same gender instead of the opposite gender.

Never said you were sterile, was saying that you'll be hard pushed to have a baby with another man. Stop reading what you want to read :aware:

I think he meant there's no reason a homosexual could not reproduce. :) In fact, it does happen here, only in laboratories, etc. where the sperm is added to a fertile egg, I think.

I think he meant there's no reason a homosexual could not reproduce. :aware: In fact, it does happen here, only in laboratories, etc. where the sperm is added to a fertile egg, I think.

That requires a female egg cell, two male gametes can never meet to form a zygote. If you require lab help and donor cells to reproduce then obviously you are flawed.

DISCLAIMER: Flaw's are not bad things in fact generally they are good. 'Flaws' are what make us individual and I'm not judging anyone on the lifestyle choice they make.

EDIT: Quick response to Lord Vega, I do believe that anyone who choses not to reproduce is also flawed, again not in a bad way. Look at the animal kingdom, the goal of every creature is to mate and seeing as we are little more than glorified monkies it follows that our main life goal is to reproduce too (how else are there 6.1 billion people alive today?) AGAIN NOT A BAD FLAW BUT A BREAK IN THE NORM AND THEREFORE 'FLAWED'.

Edited by Celtic

I think he meant there's no reason a homosexual could not reproduce. :aware: In fact, it does happen here, only in laboratories, etc. where the sperm is added to a fertile egg, I think.

That requires a female egg cell, two male gametes can never meet to form a zygote. If you require lab help and donor cells to reproduce then obviously you are flawed.

DISCLAIMER: Flaw's are not bad things in fact generally they are good. 'Flaws' are what make us individual and I'm not judging anyone on the lifestyle choice they make.

EDIT: Quick response to Lord Vega, I do believe that anyone who choses not to reproduce is also flawed, again not in a bad way. Look at the animal kingdom, the goal of every creature is to mate and seeing as we are little more than glorified monkies it follows that our main life goal is to reproduce too (how else are there 6.1 billion people alive today?) AGAIN NOT A BAD FLAW BUT A BREAK IN THE NORM AND THEREFORE 'FLAWED'.

A flaw, I think, is a negative aspect or difference of something. Homosexuality, if a flaw, would probably mean that it is a negative difference in the person in question. Ergo, me being homosexuality is a defect, if you will.

Else it would just be called a difference, I think.

A flaw is a negative thing...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/flaw

I guess normal would be the majority of people...which is heterosexual people I think...

Is there a percen figure of how much of the world is hetero, homo and bisexual???

Both for humans and animals???

I think homosexuality might be more normal in humans than animals...

Genetically and evolutionary speaking homosexuality is a nessesary part of the human way of life, what happens when all the so called alpha males go running off to tackle a mammoth?

They obviously have to leave the home base behind, if there were no lesser alpha males around the base would be in serious trouble if a predator happened along, therefore evolution dictated that someone would have to stay behind........therefore it can never be considered a flaw if it was borne out of nessesity, it is just not the normal way of things.

And does this always have to be about religion?

The original question was "is being gay a flaw?" so how about keeping it on-topic for once? lol :)

By alpha males you mean all the heterosexual men at the time???

Why wouldn't homosexual men and heterosexual men go up against the mammonth or help hunt???

Were heterosexual men stronger than homosexual men at that time or something???

I don't see why a heterosexual man couldn't stay at the base to guard it either...

If all the heterosexual men died and only a few homesexual men were left with the women and base...the tribe might be in trouble because there probably wouldn't be any babies getting born...unless the women raped the men :aware:

Don't think a homosexual man would like that...they probably might go awol :aware:

You mis-understand me, what I meant by "alpha" was the chest beating macho men, not exclusively hetrosexual :)

"A defect, fault, or imperfection, especially one that is hidden,"

Nobody is perfect therefore we are best defined by what makes us imperfect. Perfection is a false concept in the world we live in, a flaw is a dent in what would otherwise be perfect so a flaw doesn't have to be negative (In the sense that its more negative than any other personality traits), we all have our flaws and its what makes us human.

As from reading that response, I sort of went into a cabbage-lover-induced coma, and im just coming around. Firstly, religion says its wrong? Well, Christianity says that those who work on the Sabbath day, Sunday, should be punished. AND, as the Bible states the punishment should be death. I think we can determine that religion does not always provide the right answers.

The Sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday. And could you give me a verse?

it is a flaw and all gay people deserve to die , womens are out there for a reason , this keeps the generation going.

I hate gay people personally so yes its a flaw.

That's silly. I saw later that you're a Christian. Jesus speaks out against hatred in the Bible. He never speaks out against homosexuality in it. You're going far more against your religion than they are by hating them.

Nope. That's as silly as calling brown eyes a flaw, or freckles. :aware:

Do brown eyes and freckles stop you procreating?

No, being gay is a flaw because it prevents reproduction and without the ability to reproduce we don't exhibit one of the 7 life signs.

I'm not homophobic and I'm perfectly ok with gay people but it is undeniably not meant to happen.

Since when is the purpose of every individual human life to be procreation. Obviously it's not meant for everyone to be gay. But a certain fraction of the population being so helps more than hurts. If everyone were straight, overpopulation would be a lot worse.

You need a family and therefore you will need a women for that to provide you with kids etc.

You can adopt. Or have a surrogate (for gay male couples) or sperm donation (for lesbian couples).

Being gay is totally wrong and unacceptable. I don't know how people like you are ok with it.

I'm okay with it because I understand it, and you do not. It is perfectly normal to want to love and be loved. Perfectly natural, and perfectly good, no matter whom it is with.

No offence but how would you feel when you see two guys kissing in public? Dude lol...that is disgusting.

I would probably go something like "how sweet". :)

Although i can see the point of the people who think this, they grow up straight and with the majority of straight people. So "gay" doesn't

come natural to their brain.

No they don't, and yes it does. :aware:

I'm not judging anyone on the lifestyle choice they make.

Being gay isn't a choice, nor is it a lifestyle. It's just a characteristic.

Edited by Evin290

I'm not so sure seeing as far as I know there are no gay animals, it may not be a choice I will never know but I think on some level we have to chose, I don't think many if any are born gay but I could be wrong.

I'm not so sure seeing as far as I know there are no gay animals, it may not be a choice I will never know but I think on some level we have to chose, I don't think many if any are born gay but I could be wrong.

Yes, there are tons of gay animals. :aware:

Plenty of animals exhibit significant homosexual behaviour.

Adding on, one of my friend's guinea pigs is gay :aware:

Adding on, one of my friend's guinea pigs is gay :aware:

One of my rabbits was bisexual, and the other was gay. :) (Yes, they had sex. :))

Edited by Toungy

I Don't Feel As Though Its A Flaw. I Just Try To Keep Myself Distanced From 'Gay' Individuals. I Was Raised That Way, So I Guess It Stuck.

I Don't Feel As Though Its A Flaw. I Just Try To Keep Myself Distanced From 'Gay' Individuals. I Was Raised That Way, So I Guess It Stuck.

You can always change it. Try to force yourself not to mind. Put their homosexuality out of your thoughts. After all, it's only a small trait. It shouldn't affect your relationships with people at all. :aware:

Indeed. Besides, it's not a flaw. Individual homosexuals may be flawed, but homosexuality in itself is not a flaw.

Correction: every homosexual is flawed. Every human being is flawed. :aware:

You can always change it. Try to force yourself not to mind. Put their homosexuality out of your thoughts. After all, it's only a small trait. It shouldn't affect your relationships with people at all. :aware:

And in that respect Homosexuals can change their preferences as well.

If it is their conscious choice, there is nothing wrong with it. If they try to blame it on anything else other than their own freedom of choice and responsibility, their homosexuality isn't flawed, only their strength of will and character.

I will never believe that you are born with certain dispositions that are inherent in your "nature". If your will is strong enough, you can overcome anything. All your actions and beliefs are your choice.

No, I don't think being gay is a flaw. I think it has it's flaws, but I don't think it is a flaw in general.

Deciding to be unfazed by another person's personal traits that you currently find bothersome is very different from deciding to be attracted to a person's physical traits that you currently find unattractive. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :aware:

you best not be talkin shizzle bout me and my boyfriend, we fudge u up, holmes

its perfect and natural and feels good when im with my boyfriend, bein straight is a flaw, nice doggies! D;

Deciding to be unfazed by another person's personal traits that you currently find bothersome is very different from deciding to be attracted to a person's physical traits that you currently find unattractive. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :aware:

But if I am attracted to same gender as my own, than I find the opposite gender to be "unattractive" or not appealing to my tastes. I find that the idea of copulating with the opposite gender bothersome. It is no different from an idea. I can still change my view whenever I feel like it, if my will is strong enough.

I could choose to be a Nazi right now if I wished. I could adopt all the ideas inherent within that system, I can fool myself so wholeheartedly that all my previous ideologies melt away into nothingness.

Denying your freedom to choose is to accept fate. And accepting fate is to admit you have no control over your actions and feelings.

But if I am attracted to same gender as my own, than I find the opposite gender to be "unattractive" or not appealing to my tastes. I find that the idea of copulating with the opposite gender bothersome. It is no different from an idea. I can still change my view whenever I feel like it, if my will is strong enough.

I could choose to be a Nazi right now if I wished. I could adopt all the ideas inherent within that system, I can fool myself so wholeheartedly that all my previous ideologies melt away into nothingness.

Denying your freedom to choose is to accept fate. And accepting fate is to admit you have no control over your actions and feelings.

Perhaps, out there somewhere, there's somebody whose will is strong enough to change their sexual orientation. But I'd wager that there aren't many people like that.

Perhaps, out there somewhere, there's somebody whose will is strong enough to change their sexual orientation. But I'd wager that there aren't many people like that.

Ah ha. But then we reach the conclusion that no one is born with any specific nature or inclinations, right?. And this includes feelings of homosexuality. If anyone chooses those preferences I wholly endorse them, but blaming your way of being on something else is heresy to being itself.

Ah ha. But then we reach the conclusion that no one is born with any specific nature or inclinations, right?. And this includes feelings of homosexuality. If anyone chooses those preferences I wholly endorse them, but blaming your way of being on something else is heresy to being itself.

If it is a choice, then why do so many people feel it is unchangeable? Why do thousands of gay teenagers kill themselves every year out of desperation for the fact that they cannot change? :aware:

Are they just weaklings? Idiots?

Edited by Evin290