Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arianna

Easter 2008 - For All Players!

If its anything like the past few easters, we wont get to keep the eggs :aware:

But i supose if everyone had 10 eggs each, then the rare ones would be worthless

But i supose if everyone had 10 eggs each, then the rare ones would be worthless

Off topic- This topic is attack of the new slammers! :aware:

Welcome to sals :)

On topic- The reward eggs wont melt but the ones you found around fallador will. There called chocolate eggs not easter eggs so there different from the rare.

Got the extra eggs, gonna keep them for a while, I'll probably regret it if I don't. My idea is that they will probably be used to summon Chocatrices, or whatever their called, which would come out in Batch 2 of Summoning, the next major update. Just a guess.

These events get longer and longer. Jagex needs to go simple. The best event still was Easter 05 when you got a rubber chicken. All you had to do was find the Easter Bunny who was happing around Falador, get some eggs from him and hand them out to people. Anyone you want. There would be crowds of people around just saying, "Egg me!" Now that was a fun and enjoyable event. :aware: Plus, people gave you chocolate. :aware:

Edited by Blingking502

Anyone do it yet? i need a guide.

~Stash

Yup I have a guide... I finished it.... and here it:

1. Go to the hole which near Falador (in rimmington: near Melzar's Maze) and shout in the hole.

2. The bunny will say something... about collecting the 3 eggs.

3. Ok so here is the location of the 3 eggs which you need to collect:

i) 1 is in Port Sarim on the ship which takes us on Karamja; on a barrel.

ii) Another is on the statue of Saradomin ( not the one in the park! :) ) which is on the road to doric's house.

iii) The 3rd one is on a rock near the fence which divides draynor and Port Sarim.

4. Once you have collected the eggs go back to the hole and shout in it again. You will be allowed to enter it.

5. There talk to the Easter Bunny and tell him you will help.

6. Take an egg from the pile beside him and dip it into the chocolate bowl in the centre of the room.

7. Now go to the 2nd room and pick up buckets from the table ( I recommend a full Inventory)

8. Fill half of the buckets with coal (to the left) and half with water (to the right).

9. Now put in the coal into coal machine and water into the water machine (just click on the machines! :aware: )

10. Put your egg in the incubator

11. Now all you have to do is operate the temp. control (it takes some time but you can do it!)

12. After you have set the temp. to the right point about 5 times the egg you put in the incubator will hatch!

13. Now go talk to the Easter Bunny; in the 1st room and ask him to transform you into a bunny :aware:

14. Enter the hole to the South of the 1st room and talk to any chocatrice.

15. It will follow you and you will get the summoning interface

16. Go to a place where there arent many people.

17. Click on the target icon in the summoning interface and click on any of the Mouse/Rat/Spider/Cockroach/Snail etc.

18. Your player will insult the Chocatrice and say that the Mouse/Rat/Spider/Cockroach/Snail etc. said it.

19. If your chocatrice can see the target and gets annoyed enough... It will throw chocolate at it and the 'target' will turn into chocolate. t'wll.take.time!20. Pick up the chocolate pieces and it will automatically be stored into your invenotry

21. You need 21 chocolate pieces to get the cape.

22. If you dont have the bunny hop emote... you need to get another 8 chocolate pieces.

23. Then you will need 6 more chocolate pieces to get an egg. The egg heals 1 hp when eaten.

24. Though steps 22 and 23 are optional.

25. Now go back through the hole and talk to the Easter Bunny and ask him to convert you back to a human.

26. Now go to the machine towards the North in the 1st room and click on it. All the chocolate pieces will be put in it.

27. Talk to the easter bunny and ask for the reward. You will get the Chocatrice Cape!

28. If you add 8 more chocolate pieces you get the bunny hop emote!

29. And if you add more pieces you will get eaaster eggs which heal 1 hp!

30. Congratulations!!! You finished the 2008 Easter Event!

This is actually quite a good quick walkthrough guide, have you considered asking one of the guide writers to add it to their guide nearing completion?

You will need to edit out the un-nessesary comments and do some typo fixing but it looks good to me :)

i hope i can do this soon i havent been able to lately lately but im gonna soon hopefully :aware:...it sounds easy tho,....

It's like all the other holiday items. You can get another one by talking to Diango in Draynor. He's the guy that sells spinning plates and toy horses west of the bank.

Thanks. :aware: Maybe I'll just drop it until I decide to wear it sometime; saves space in my inventory.

To be honest, I think they will melt. Isn't that what happened in previous years?

Anyone do it yet? i need a guide.

~Stash

Yup I have a guide... I finished it.... and here it:

1. Go to the hole which near Falador (in rimmington: near Melzar's Maze) and shout in the hole.

2. The bunny will say something... about collecting the 3 eggs.

3. Ok so here is the location of the 3 eggs which you need to collect:

i) 1 is in Port Sarim on the ship which takes us on Karamja; on a barrel.

ii) Another is on the statue of Saradomin ( not the one in the park! :) ) which is on the road to doric's house.

iii) The 3rd one is on a rock near the fence which divides draynor and Port Sarim.

4. Once you have collected the eggs go back to the hole and shout in it again. You will be allowed to enter it.

5. There talk to the Easter Bunny and tell him you will help.

6. Take an egg from the pile beside him and dip it into the chocolate bowl in the centre of the room.

7. Now go to the 2nd room and pick up buckets from the table ( I recommend a full Inventory)

8. Fill half of the buckets with coal (to the left) and half with water (to the right).

9. Now put in the coal into coal machine and water into the water machine (just click on the machines! :aware: )

10. Put your egg in the incubator

11. Now all you have to do is operate the temp. control (it takes some time but you can do it!)

12. After you have set the temp. to the right point about 5 times the egg you put in the incubator will hatch!

13. Now go talk to the Easter Bunny; in the 1st room and ask him to transform you into a bunny :aware:

14. Enter the hole to the South of the 1st room and talk to any chocatrice.

15. It will follow you and you will get the summoning interface

16. Go to a place where there arent many people.

17. Click on the target icon in the summoning interface and click on any of the Mouse/Rat/Spider/Cockroach/Snail etc.

18. Your player will insult the Chocatrice and say that the Mouse/Rat/Spider/Cockroach/Snail etc. said it.

19. If your chocatrice can see the target and gets annoyed enough... It will throw chocolate at it and the 'target' will turn into chocolate. t'wll.take.time!20. Pick up the chocolate pieces and it will automatically be stored into your invenotry

21. You need 21 chocolate pieces to get the cape.

22. If you dont have the bunny hop emote... you need to get another 8 chocolate pieces.

23. Then you will need 6 more chocolate pieces to get an egg. The egg heals 1 hp when eaten.

24. Though steps 22 and 23 are optional.

25. Now go back through the hole and talk to the Easter Bunny and ask him to convert you back to a human.

26. Now go to the machine towards the North in the 1st room and click on it. All the chocolate pieces will be put in it.

27. Talk to the easter bunny and ask for the reward. You will get the Chocatrice Cape!

28. If you add 8 more chocolate pieces you get the bunny hop emote!

29. And if you add more pieces you will get eaaster eggs which heal 1 hp!

30. Congratulations!!! You finished the 2008 Easter Event!

This is actually quite a good quick walkthrough guide, have you considered asking one of the guide writers to add it to their guide nearing completion?

You will need to edit out the un-nessesary comments and do some typo fixing but it looks good to me :/

No, I havent asked any of the guide writers... and thanks for your suggestions... actually I am new to this forum thing and this is the first forum I have started typing in. If you could tell me how to suggest this walkthrough to a guide writer, It would help me a lot. Ty :)

After getting the cape, is the only thing you can get more Easter eggs? Is there a lower number than six for chocolate chunks to get another egg? How many different patterns of eggs can you receive before there are repeats?

w00t i finished the event! the reward was not as good as i thought it would be, but in about 5 years, the cape could be cool! i guess... :aware:

I like the event it was fun, but a better reward would be the chocatrice :aware: but I have a feeling that next years easter event has to do with your chocatrice too :aware:

I forgot to quote you, but whoever said the Christmas 06 was the best, I totally agree. Draynor is my home town :aware: , and Christmas is simply a happy time of the year. It was simple, was the first to really give you a huge reward, and spanned even to Varrock - the capitol of Runescape!

I forgot to quote you, but whoever said the Christmas 06 was the best, I totally agree. Draynor is my home town :aware: , and Christmas is simply a happy time of the year. It was simple, was the first to really give you a huge reward, and spanned even to Varrock - the capitol of Runescape!

I dont think varrock is the capital. If anything id say lumbridge. Varrock however is the capital of the kingdm Asgarnia.

Errr...Varrock is the capital of Misthalin, not Asgarnia, Falador is the capital of Asgarnia.

lookie here:

For those who missed out on getting the bunny hop emote after you do the event the bunny will tell you to get 10 chocolate chunks after you place them in he will say, "This makes up for not helping me a few years ago" Then you will get the bunny hop emote!

It's just to the west of the Port Sarim fishing store. :aware:

Errr...Varrock is the capital of Misthalin, not Asgarnia, Falador is the capital of Asgarnia.

lol i meant that, my mind was elsewhere... :aware:

Here's the reward...

Cape:

1205850320.png

Emote:

1205850418.png

No stat bonuses, unfortunately :aware: Then, again, it is a Holiday Item.

-Insomnia

it's alot of fun i completed helping the easter bunny within an hour i believe and ended up helping some ppl get the eggs

This was the one of the best events ever. it was fun to use the chocotrice to turn stuff into chocolate. although what is the point of the easter eggs the Easter Bunny (aka VIB) gives you other than food to heal you? you can't sell them or anything.

the event itself was fun, but the reward (cape and cape emote) is terrible, c'mon, at LEAST let us do the emote without the cape. and what a reward, a cape....thats sad. This easter was fun but the reward is terrible, jagex needs to think of better holiday prizes.