Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iToast

What Is The Best Dragon Weapon?

Question

17 answers to this question

The Dragon scimitar is also pretty good, it is mostly used for Strength training.

I'm kind of partial to the dragon spear (kp), even though I rarely use it anymore. From way back before slayer, up until I managed to raise the 3.5 mil to buy an abyssal whip (it was around that price at the time), this was My general all-purpose weapon. I loved the fact that it was statistically balanced, making it real versatile, and could do 6 poison damage without having to pay around 5K for super weapon poison.

d scim for str

dds for spec

sometimes dba for spec

d hally rox to

why dont they just say dd++?

why dont who? players can say what they want to, the item name says drag dagger p++

Edited by Ekwm

Dragon halberd is only really good for the spec on monsters that take up two or more squares. It's too slow for any thing else. If you're using it in a space spot for monsters, you'd be better off using ranged or magic for it. If you want to level up melee, it's best to use other weapons than this one. You'll get a lot more exp, and kill a lot faster.

The dragon scimitar would be the best in my opinion as a normal weapon for attacking. It's fast, does decent damage, and is pretty accurate. It's pretty much a dragon long, but faster. Except the dragon long does have a better spec, it's still quite slower than the scimitar.

If you're going to be using something else to attack with a had special (say, a whip, or the dscimmy), any dragon dagger would be best. The poison is just an added poison. Get one unpoisoned for training, though. Cause you don't get exp for the damage poison does.

If you want to poison stuff, use a dds. It's fast, and you can get the poison in during a spec. A dragon spear (kp) used to be the best, but a while back they changed the damage the karamja poison does.

I wouldn't suggest using the dragon battle axe for the spec. It lowers your attack. So, even if you can hit higher, you'll not hit high as often, doing pretty much the same as you would without the axe. If you drink a super attack after it, you're attack would still be lower than if you used a super attack and super strength instead. though, you can use it if you don't like spending a lot of money. Cause in the long run you would have saved money from using the axe. Though, if you have a higher herblore level, it would matter cause you could have just made the potions yourself. :aware:

why dont they just say dd++?

why dont who? players can say what they want to, the item name says drag dagger p++

Actually, it's because they changed it. It used to be called Dragon Dagger (s), hence dds. Though, a few names had the same ending, and I guess some people must have thought it was confusing, so they changed it to Dragon Dagger (P++).

The name just stuck around is all.

Edited by Cheez