Sal's RuneScape Forum
Trey

Trey's F2P Old School Iron Man Log

Congrats on 38 slayer trey, you're still on the grind with this game aha

Off and on lol

Gratz on 38 slayer nucka

Thanks dawg!!

Well I kind of quit 07scape because I died in the wild slaying Earth Warriors so now I just get on to merch again. And that is how this happened. It turns out I sold them at just the right time. Woo!

7UiVTfV.png

Good one, but still doesn't beat this http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/topic/352903-so-this-is-how-the-scape-ends/page__st__300?do=findComment&comment=4085381, heheheheheh...

Anyway, I came here to ask you: How active are you on RS right now? Do you expect to continue being active for a long time?

Damnit Trey, stop being so rich :P.

It's nice to see you log in; gives me someone to talk to in the FC.

Hey guys! I am back and playing OSRS as an F2P only iron man. I created the account just this past Sunday. I'd heard about the Iron Man update and thought that it sounded like a really fun challenge. I just realized how big of a pain it is going to be to get items that require gold such as a rune pickaxe, mithril/adamant swords from the Varrock shop, arrows for training ranged, etc. As far as I know, the only way I can train ranged is by spending gold at the store to buy arrows lol.. this will be quite the challenge. Basically the only way to make decent gold is alching and only low level alching is reasonable for quite a while. Which means I have to kill hill giants or moss giants for uncommon/common nature rune drops which means I have to raise my combat stats quite high.. and then I have to raise smithing decently high to get something decent to alch soooooooooooooo .. - yeah! I have quite a journey ahead of me. But I am so looking forward to it. My main Runescape account was around 1209 total or so before becoming a member, so I am kind of reliving that moment and really enjoying it.

My current goals are:

Runecraft tons of runes

Level up to 21 magic for low alch

60 mining for the guild

48 smithing for steel plate bodies (gonna be a while)

Buy a rune pickaxe (32K)

Combat stats high enough to kill moss/hill giants for nature runes

A long term goal is to do Dragon Slayer as an F2P iron man, but I have a long way to go for that.

And on top of those, I will of course be training other skills in the mean time!

Account creation date: 3/15/2015

OSRS Iron man stats as of 3/18/2015:

Rn2hW4p.png

OSRS Iron man bank as of 3/18/2015:

FpnQWMi.png

RS3 stats (No longer active, as of December 2012):

wQh5x29.png

RS3 Bank (No longer active, as of December 2012):

D1xeJKG.png

Welcome back Trey! Except great things from you.

Thank you! Glad to be back!

Welcome back Trey! Good luck with your ironman goals and hope to see you in the fc as much as possible, it gets lonely there haha. :P

Thanks! I am almost always in there as well. The only thing I don't like about OSRS is the lack of clan chats. :(

I just hit 21 magic! It may seem random, but this means that I unlocked the low level alchemy skill! It's a small step, but a large step towards making some actual gold. I just need a few more combat levels (to kill hill/moss giants for nature runes) and smithing levels to start low alching iron platebodies. This will get me my rune pickaxe and other required items.

AkpWINa.png

Edited by Trey

Slowly, but steady. :) Good luck and mostly have fun with iron man gameplay. Keep those levels flying in!

Slowly, but steady. :) Good luck and mostly have fun with iron man gameplay. Keep those levels flying in!

Will do!

How you planning on training wc? Steel axe or be very smithing centric?

Unfortunately I really do not think there is any other axe that can be obtained from a store or drop besides the steel one. I will have to slowly level it up with the steel axe and upgrade it as soon as smithing permits. It's quite a shame, really, but I will make it.

I managed to get my crafting from 1 to 25 since my last update, got my combat stats up a bit more, and quite a few mining levels (currently 45). The smithing picture below is from mining and banking about 700 iron, making it into bars, then iron platebodies. Its a bit funny because since my last update I realized that I can actually SELL the iron platebodies for a bit more than alching them... so I could say the time was almost "wasted", but that's not really true because I was still leveling. As I am typing this, I am smelting bars from about 750 iron ore. This should get me around 40 smithing, and much more importantly: the money for a rune pickaxe!

8TsFAWR.png

jI4nELS.png

Would you have sold them at the store in Varrock? Otherwise very nice work, keep going :P

Would you have sold them at the store in Varrock? Otherwise very nice work, keep going :P

You cheater! How did you know?

Zooey is right. ^_^ I made and sold around 150 iron platebodies or so for the money for my first (and hopefully only...) rune pickaxe! I am so absolutely happy to finally have this. The next mining goal is definitely to get into the guild. It shouldn't be long. After getting the new pickaxe I went and made about 1500 fire strike casts to get my RC and magic level up. I've actually raised quite a few levels since my last post but only wanted to post the somewhat significant ones until the levels get higher. After raising my magic, I did Imp Catcher which was kind of a pain, but it unlocked the only useful amulet I can get. I went to a few stores, made some steel equipment, and am now feeling pretty good about my combat setup! I'm currently training woodcutting and nights and I want to get my attack to level 40 so I can actually wield my rune pickaxe instead of just carrying it in my inventory.

Z7yM5GV.png

LMcq68I.png

j6Xtjii.png

remoVy6.png

dGm3xyv.png

px64hCp.png

Awesome job Trey! Keep it up! I should really get back to my ironman acc...

Congrats on the levels Trey. ^_^

Been a while since you've posted an update, I wonder how far you've progressed. Bet your account is better than mine already. :P