Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

Air Running -100% Done

Air Running

Written by: iHybrid and Donzie_Guy19

Special Thanks To: Stonewall337, Moneylover, DeeKay, Entrility, Roy, Finisterra15, Xmoneyx, Mephistopheles, Nath101, Lord Earth13, Desireful

Original Guide By: Neo Avatars (v2) and Im The Monk (v1)

Index

• Introduction
  • The Runner
    • World

• Map

• Inventory and Equipment

• Using the Assist System

[*]The Assister

• Inventory

• Assisting Others

• Runecrafting, The Old Method

• Conclusion

Okay, we all know that Air Running is dead... Well , not quite. We have the assist system now which makes air running much better. You won't lose cash if you are the person getting experience, and you won't gain any if you are a runner, however you do get the runes. You may wish to sell the air runes or use the air runes with spells that may help you level up your magic skill. You will get experience as the assister, but it may take a while if you don't have a higher Runecrafting level.

How To Get There

The only world you can run Air runes is World 16. This is a freeplay server so everyone can go on it. It is shown in the picture below.

world16.png

Here is the map to the altar

picture10qz9.png

The red line shows you a path from Draynor Village and the green path shows a path from Falador East bank. Travelling from Falador is much quicker and you will get more air runes per hour. You do not need to complete the Rune Mysteries quest to gain access to the air altar, as opposed to buying rune essence.

Check your running energy so you can turn it off when not needed and use when needed. You can also hold the control button (Ctrl) and click on the mini-map to turn running on for just that specific click.. Run.png

This is the Air Altar. Once you reach here you may use your Air Talisman on it OR you can just click on the altar if your Air Tiara is equipped.

picture9eh1.png

Being the Runner!

This is what your inventory and equipment should look like:

14t1mzc.gif

You don't need to wear anything other than your air tiara, but you may also wear random event or holiday event clothing too, since those items are normally weightless.

Your inventory should look quite full with rune essence, 28, if you have an air tiara on or 27 if you have an air talisman with you.

Once you reach the inside of the air altar you will see numerous people shouting out "#x Assist" meaning that you make #x the airs per rune essence.

airaltar.png

When you see someone saying "#x assist!" you may right click on them and click 'Assist'

requesting2.png

After requesting an assist you should get some words in your chat box

airaltar2.png

After being assisted, you click on the air altar when you see two hands shaking with each other on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

34y1844.gif

This means you are being assisted, and after you get your airs the person stops assisting you leaving you to head back to the bank.

There are a few people out there that aren't as truthful as they seem to be when your running. Make sure you always check their stats on high scores before you are being assisted by the other person as you may be getting tricked into getting assisted by someone with level 1 Runecrafting.

Assisting Others!

This is the part where YOU'RE the assister and you must assist another player in search of assist. First things first, you may want to know your inventory.

2ltovgy.gif

You need nothing in your inventory, but may wish to bring a air talisman in case you don't have an air tiara.

When being assisted ,you will get a screen with pink writing in it like so:

requesting.png

You will be taken to a screen with 9 skills listed and you want to choose "Runecrafting" in order to assist them in Runecrafting.

assistscreen.png

As the assister, you want to have a Runecrafting level of 44 or higher. The lower your Runecrafting level the less assists you will get, meaning the less experience a day. The max is 30k experience a day when using the assist system.

Click here for the requirements for making multiple runes.

You may still use the old method of Runecrafting of paying with cash and giving back essence. All you have to do is stand in the altar and say "open 2k" but this isn't advised as you can only use it every 15 minutes which isn't useful at all as you will not be getting the most out of your journey.

Please note that if you have a higher Runecrafting level, you will have more people wanting your assistance, and you will receive more experience per hour than you normally would with 44 Runecrafting. It is suggested that you have 66 Runecrafting so you may turn this into nice quick experience.

Always be truthful when assisting others. If you aren't, this will lead to being flamed and hated by many players who trusted you and wanted to get the most out of 27-28 rune essence while you got experience.

Things Needed:

*Suggestions!*

Edited by Strength

Carrying on my work eh hybrid? lol keep up the good work! err...the other half of the work :aware: i guess its looking good according to me :)

~donzie guy19

Most of it was by you. you can tell, all I did was tweak it here and there. :aware:

~Hybrid :)

Wow didn't notice you had 52 smith congrats!! btw keep up the good work with the guide.

~donzie guy19

Look good no problem i can see ! :aware:

Thank-you for the reply but for what ever reason I think there are. :)

~Hybrid :P

Don't these images look better than the ones int he guide?

14t1mzc.gif

[IMG=http://i31.tinypic.com/14t1mzc.gif]

2ltovgy.gif

[IMG=http://i29.tinypic.com/2ltovgy.gif]

14t1mzc.gif

2ltovgy.gif

:) roy those are better than my pics :aware:

~donzie guy19

14t1mzc.gif

2ltovgy.gif

Thank you very much Roy.

I'll put your pictures in.

~Hybrid :aware:

You should add some anchors to help with the index, if you don't know how to do that, PM me and I will do it for you.

You should add some anchors to help with the index, if you don't know how to do that, PM me and I will do it for you.

That would be very useful in my opinion. May i ask you if you could please do that.

That's the picture of the air altar:

19081901480980c50f19b.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/19081901480980c50f19b.jpg

There's the picture of the symbol that appears when being assisted:

19082008480981085ccd4.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/19082008480981085ccd4.jpg

And finally, that's the screen when assisting:

190820544809813664f46.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/190820544809813664f46.jpg

It looks good! I recall making a guide but that was before it got all technical with the assisting. Now I see the need for the guide, as I was getting confused myself for a second.

Keep it up.

That's the picture of the air altar:

19081901480980c50f19b.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/19081901480980c50f19b.jpg

There's the picture of the symbol that appears when being assisted:

19082008480981085ccd4.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/19082008480981085ccd4.jpg

And finally, that's the screen when assisting:

190820544809813664f46.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/190820544809813664f46.jpg

Those pictures are in jpg format while they should be in png (or gif if they are transparencies).

I will upload back later, I was too busy last night and didn't notice the file type.

And also Windows Vista's Paint presets the format to jpg and Windows XP didn't so I always get confused...

Edited by finisterra15

I will upload back later, I was too busy last night and didn't notice the file type.

And also Windows Vista's Paint presets the format to jpg and Windows XP didn't so I always get confused...

Don't worry, i'll converty it my self, but thanks for the pictures.

That's not going to work, the format is different but the quality is the same.

That's not going to work, the format is different but the quality is the same.

I see, hmm what should i do then?

~Hybrid :)

Transparency of assist icon:

f_19082008480m_a4ce467.gif

[img=http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/4/20/f_19082008480m_a4ce467.gif]

Converted finisterra's pics into .png

f_19081901480m_b44d2e5.png

[img=http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/4/20/f_19081901480m_b44d2e5.png]

f_19082054480m_f3b3e6f.png

[img=http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/4/20/f_19082054480m_f3b3e6f.png]

Edited by xmoneyx

When you save an image as jpg you change some things in the image itself. If I can word it correctly you mix the colors a little so that from far it looks like the original but from close it looks horrible. Jpg is for real life images like a photo of a mountain, png is best for rs images (other too of course...) and gif is for transiencies. The problem is that you can't get the same quality anymore of png when you saved it (even if once) from a jpg. It will just be a png with very bad quality. You actually combine the bad things of the two together, 'big' filesize and low quality. you should retake the images and save them as png without ever saving as jpg.

When you save an image as jpg you change some things in the image itself. If I can word it correctly you mix the colors a little so that from far it looks like the original but from close it looks horrible. Jpg is for real life images like a photo of a mountain, png is best for rs images (other too of course...) and gif is for transiencies. The problem is that you can't get the same quality anymore of png when you saved it (even if once) from a jpg. It will just be a png with very bad quality. You actually combine the bad things of the two together, 'big' filesize and low quality. you should retake the images and save them as png without ever saving as jpg.

Retook the images ok, now IMO i think it is done. :)

Capitalise "Assisst System".

Fix the map showing routes so that the key has "Draynor" capitalised.

OR you can just click on the altar if your trusty Air Tiara is equipped.

Cut out the "trusty". It's unnecessary and a nonessential characteristic of an Air Tiara.

Once you reach the inside of the air alter (whew you made it!) you will see numerous people shouting out "#x Assist" meaning that you make #x the airs per rune essence.

Take out the parenthetical "Whew you made it". Be consistent and always use the term "#x". Spell altar correctly here and throughout the guide.

When you see someone saying "Yx assist!" you may right click on them and click assist

Once again, use "#x" and say "click 'Assisst'". Note the capitalisation and apostrophes.

After being assisted, you click on the air alter when you see two hands shaking with each other on the bottom right hand-corner of the screen.

Spell "Altar" correctly, again. Add a comma between "assissted" and "you".

Getting assisted isn't a walk in the park, or maybe it is. But There are a few people out there that aren't as truthful as they seem to be when running. Make sure you always check their stats on high scores before you are being assisted by the other person as you may be getting tricked into getting assisted by someone with level 1 Runecrafting.

Take out the scratched-out bit of the first two sentences and add "when running" after "be" as shown. Add a comma between "person" and "as".

When being assisted you will get a screen with pink writing in it like so.

[picture]

Put a colon after "so".

At this point you may wish to click and assist the one in need.

Of course you're going to assisst them when they ask, duh!

There it is your inventory, you need absolutely nothing at all but may wish to bring a air talisman in case you don't have a air tiara.

Rewrite the sentence so it says "You need nothing in your inventory, but...". Remember to use "an" when referring to words that start with a vowel or vowel sound, i.e. "air". Check this throughout the guide. Do it very carefully.

You may still use the old method of Runecrafting of paying with cash and giving back essence. All you have to do is stand in the alter and say "open 2k" but this isn't advised as you can only use it every 15 minutes which isn't useful at all, as you will not be getting the most out of your journey, which is getting exp from Runecrafting.

Spell "altar" correctly. Take out the last bit as shown. Take out the comma between "at all" and "as you".

Always be truthful when assisting others, if you aren't, this will lead to being flamed and hated by many players who trusted you and wanted to get the most out of 27-28 rune essence, while you get experience.

Insert a comma between "aren't" and "this".

Please credit me on this guide as "Mephistopheles", as I did a crapload of work on Donzie's old guide as well as what I just did here.

Good luck. It's nearing completion, but not quite.

Capitalise "Assisst System".

Fix the map showing routes so that the key has "Draynor" capitalised.

OR you can just click on the altar if your trusty Air Tiara is equipped.

Cut out the "trusty". It's unnecessary and a nonessential characteristic of an Air Tiara.

Once you reach the inside of the air alter (whew you made it!) you will see numerous people shouting out "#x Assist" meaning that you make #x the airs per rune essence.

Take out the parenthetical "Whew you made it". Be consistent and always use the term "#x". Spell altar correctly here and throughout the guide.

When you see someone saying "Yx assist!" you may right click on them and click assist

Once again, use "#x" and say "click 'Assisst'". Note the capitalisation and apostrophes.

After being assisted, you click on the air alter when you see two hands shaking with each other on the bottom right hand-corner of the screen.

Spell "Altar" correctly, again. Add a comma between "assissted" and "you".

Getting assisted isn't a walk in the park, or maybe it is. But There are a few people out there that aren't as truthful as they seem to be when running. Make sure you always check their stats on high scores before you are being assisted by the other person as you may be getting tricked into getting assisted by someone with level 1 Runecrafting.

Take out the scratched-out bit of the first two sentences and add "when running" after "be" as shown. Add a comma between "person" and "as".

When being assisted you will get a screen with pink writing in it like so.

[picture]

Put a colon after "so".

At this point you may wish to click and assist the one in need.

Of course you're going to assisst them when they ask, duh!

There it is your inventory, you need absolutely nothing at all but may wish to bring a air talisman in case you don't have a air tiara.

Rewrite the sentence so it says "You need nothing in your inventory, but...". Remember to use "an" when referring to words that start with a vowel or vowel sound, i.e. "air". Check this throughout the guide. Do it very carefully.

You may still use the old method of Runecrafting of paying with cash and giving back essence. All you have to do is stand in the alter and say "open 2k" but this isn't advised as you can only use it every 15 minutes which isn't useful at all, as you will not be getting the most out of your journey, which is getting exp from Runecrafting.

Spell "altar" correctly. Take out the last bit as shown. Take out the comma between "at all" and "as you".

Always be truthful when assisting others, if you aren't, this will lead to being flamed and hated by many players who trusted you and wanted to get the most out of 27-28 rune essence, while you get experience.

Insert a comma between "aren't" and "this".

Please credit me on this guide as "Mephistopheles", as I did a crapload of work on Donzie's old guide as well as what I just did here.

Good luck. It's nearing completion, but not quite.

Isn't it obvious if you did all that work that I HAVE to credit you?

Anyways your last sentance said "It's nearing completion, but not quite." May you mind telling me on what to add?

~Hybrid :wizard:

Edited by Hybrid Guy19