Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doddsy

Would You Kill?

Even though there is a chance of surviving after killing everyone. That means you ahve to live with the horror that you killed your own friends, SAW all the slaughter, and basically went through all the hell.

I guess i'd shoot myself possibly. I don't really want to risk having a knife stuck in my leg and going through the pain..

If I killed everyone and survived the situation, I would probably get so depressed about it afterwards that I would just end up killing myself. So I think I would prefer to commit suicide while on the island and let someone else live.

When I was answering the topic that was something that came into my mind to. Would I be able to live with myself knowing I killed a hell of a lot of people, but I think the way I work not fighting would almost be as bad.

Wether I could truly with myself would be interesting to investigate. I may go so insane from killing everything that it doesn't bother me or I may just put it to the back of my mind and end up some freaky loner.

However, you can't really work it out and you can't investigate because of the circumstances of the situation. You could possibly compare to hose who come back from wars with phycological problems.

Even though there is a chance of surviving after killing everyone. That means you ahve to live with the horror that you killed your own friends, SAW all the slaughter, and basically went through all the hell.

I guess i'd shoot myself possibly. I don't really want to risk having a knife stuck in my leg and going through the pain..

Yes, but you had to do it so you could live.

I rather live with the pain then die painfully.

Well you can always kill yourself quick and painlessly.

I suppose it's a matter of if you can live with the pain or not.

Depends on the situation, if i knew i had to live with the guilt of killing i probably wouldn't be able to do it.

I'm not gonna say i would kill, but if someone threatened my life without me provoking i certainly would try to kill them.

I would try and kill everyone else.

Eh. It depends on the person. If I knew the person was a good person at heart with a lot of potential, I'd be killed. But if the person was a total - who has never done a good deed in their life, I'd go for the kill.

Id kill. First i'd go after enemies and hope some one else would take my friends. If a situation came were i had to kill a friend im sorry but id do it. Some ppl would say "oh your evil saving yourself!!" But hes probably gonna try to kill me. Overall in a kill or be killed i'd kill in less it was a family member*

*one that i didnt hate... o wait... *writes short list of 4 people :aware:*

I read the other answers I thought I would make an amendment to my answer.

I would go for the kill, not in a hunter way but I would walk around and kill those I see, the reason? Apart from everyone else doing it the person who best adapts to the situation will win so a lot of people will go on the kill in my opinion due to paranoia and a feeling that someone else will probably be hunting to. If you just give up and die it seems like a bit of waste of a life. If you go down fighting at least you can say you did the best you could to keep alive.

If you won, could you live with having killed your friends and classmates?

If you won, could you live with having killed your friends and classmates?

Pretty good question. For friends and family...yes because given the circumstances we would probably take just one of the 3 days to discuss who has the most to live for out of all of us. After we basically voted who should live things get a lot harder because now that person has to kill the rest of us before the time runs out. Guess we can say our last goodbyes and stuff. If this happened we wouldn't be killing or dying out of anger. We just got unlucky and got forced in this game. So whoever does all the killing or survives will have the forgiveness of everyone else. The only problem is that the person who survives might not forgive itself.

For classmates and co-workers...thats a lot tougher. I don't think we would be able to get into a decent discussion and decide who should survive. Even with just friends and family...its difficult...I think this would be impossible. I think the survivor could forgive himself a lot easier, but I think the survivor will have the eternal hatred of those he or she killed. This one is probably a lot worse for everyone.

I think I would go with the friends and family one...spend 1 day discussing, next day get everything out in the open and say our goodbyes and farewells. The final day do all killings or suicides. I think this would be better then spending the 3 days fighting for survival and probably killing others viciously. Or getting killed viciously. Either way its bad though. I hope I chose the lesser of two evils.

EDIT: Forgot that if we decided not to kill eachother or have any suicides we all die...with family and friends we can probably agree to all die together. With classmates and co-workers that option is probably harder to reach. I think that would be best actually.

Edited by Newguyoo0

I think the survivor could forgive himself a lot easier, but I think the survivor will have the eternal hatred of those he or she killed. This one is probably a lot worse for everyone.

Really? You think it'd be easy for the winner to forgive himself for murdering that many people?

Is it a choice really when the other people are also hunting you? :aware:

Is what a choice? Killing them?

Whether or not you survive.

I think the survivor could forgive himself a lot easier, but I think the survivor will have the eternal hatred of those he or she killed. This one is probably a lot worse for everyone.

Really? You think it'd be easy for the winner to forgive himself for murdering that many people?

Yeah...if the survivor can convince itself it had no choice and did it for purely survival. The survivor didn't kill all those people with hatred. The survivor was probably just more fit and determined to live. The survivor will regret that day, but it wouldn't make the survivor go crazy. I could be wrong though. That person might lose a lot of sleep over this...seeing the faces of those he or she killed every time the persons eyes are closed. If this happened the survivor might snap and go seeking death. I doubt the survivor would commit suicide though...he or she might go after the people that put all those people in a death match with each other and die trying to avenge them.

Whether or not you survive.

No. If you play the game, you increase your chances of survival, but that's it.

In the situation you mentioned? I'd rather just die. Save me the trouble of going through all that when I'd probably just die anyway.

If say someone held a gun to my head and I somehow found one and had it to theirs yes I would kill them before they could kill me.

I guess there are two ways this can go.

• You can kill everyone, which could include some of your close friends, but you'd be able to survive.
  • Or you can die, and nobody really knows what happens after that.

Honestly, I'd just go and get myself killed. I'm too nice, and too weak, to kill, and I'd just die either way.

Oh ya, 1k posts. :aware:

Edited by ZacharyB

• You can kill everyone, which could include some of your close friends, but you'd be able to survive.

Honestly, I'd just go and get myself killed. I'm too nice, and too weak, to kill, and I'd just die either way.

Or you could try to kill everyone, but fail. You could wait for someone to kill you or commit suicide. You could try to form a group. You could betray your group. You could stand on a mountain with a megaphone and try to get everyone to cooperate. There are many different alternatives.

Or you could try to kill everyone, but fail. You could wait for someone to kill you or commit suicide. You could try to form a group. You could betray your group. You could stand on a mountain with a megaphone and try to get everyone to cooperate. There are many different alternatives.

You can sort most of those under those 2 categories (except just trying to get everyone to want to die, cooperation, so I guess it could be another category).