Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LF Ent

Trying To Get Back Into Runescape

I'm trying to get addicted to RuneScape again. I started playing in July of 06, but I've already lost interest. Actually, I haven't really played since January. But I need a hobby. I have to drift across the internet searching for some stupid game that'll only last a day. No free game that I have ever played has lasted me as long as RuneScape did, so I'm trying to get back into the game. But I can't seem to get interested in it.

Do you have any suggestions on how to try to become interested in it? I'm hoping that I can get back into RS, but I may have to give up. I dunno what I'll do then. Maybe I'll get WoW over the summer. Thanks.

I'm trying to get addicted to RuneScape again. I started playing in July of 06, but I've already lost interest. Actually, I haven't really played since January. But I need a hobby. I have to drift across the internet searching for some stupid game that'll only last a day. No free game that I have ever played has lasted me as long as RuneScape did, so I'm trying to get back into the game. But I can't seem to get interested in it.

Do you have any suggestions on how to try to become interested in it? I'm hoping that I can get back into RS, but I may have to give up. I dunno what I'll do then. Maybe I'll get WoW over the summer. Thanks.

Well you could check out some of the new stuff thats been added to RS like Fist of Guthix, Duel Arena, Clan Wars, Bounty Hunting. Or become a member and explore more of RS. I can tell ya that Castle Wars is one of the best members minigame ive played. Set a goal like getting a god armor whether its Zamorak, Guthix, or Saradorim or try to get a Barrows armor like Guthans, Torag, etc. Ive been playing since 2005 and I'm still an RS addict. Just find something in RS that'll interest you alot in becoming a rs addict again. It all takes time.

Guest Slave To Emanick

I'm putting up a cross in advance to ward off WoW fanboys. :aware: And all people who don't want to see Plexar get "addicted" again. :)

Anyway, why not try Castle Wars? Just try all of the fun features for a while and spend a lot of time on Sal's Clan Chat. And add me, I'll be sure to confuse you on a regular basis. :P

~Eman :)

Same problem to me :aware:

I suggest waiting till MechScape comes out :)

As i don't play Rs much anymore i will start playing MechScape and it will be as interesting as RuneScape (i guess)

Well you could check out some of the new stuff thats been added to RS like Fist of Guthix, Duel Arena, Clan Wars, Bounty Hunting. Or become a member and explore more of RS. I can tell ya that Castle Wars is one of the best members minigame ive played. Set a goal like getting a god armor whether its Zamorak, Guthix, or Saradorim or try to get a Barrows armor like Guthans, Torag, etc. Ive been playing since 2005 and I'm still an RS addict. Just find something in RS that'll interest you alot in becoming a rs addict again. It all takes time.

I became a member a month after I started for my birthday, and I stayed one ever since, so I know all the member minigames and skills. I've been trying to get back into the game by using a new user I started name LF Ent -- maybe I can play on my old main. See if I enjoy that more. ;)

I'm putting up a cross in advance to ward off WoW fanboys. :aware: And all people who don't want to see Plexar get "addicted" again. :)

Anyway, why not try Castle Wars? Just try all of the fun features for a while and spend a lot of time on Sal's Clan Chat. And add me, I'll be sure to confuse you on a regular basis. :s

~Eman :xd:

Thanks! I like being confused. It'll be rather easy though. :P

EDIT: I went on my main and on my bank account it says "Dump Bob". Who's Bob, and how did I get to know him in the first place? Last time I checked, I was a guy... :)

Edited by plexar

Elaborate, please.

A bank item or a friend on the friend list?

Elaborate, please.

A bank item or a friend on the friend list?

In between the bank note option and the other one, at the bottom of the thing that shows the stuff you have in your bank, is a picture of a backpack. If you put the cursor over it, it says, "Dump Bob".

It's to do with Summoning. If you have items stored in an animal, you can get them all out with that button.

If you're not feeling like RS at the minute, I don't know if there's a point to forcing yourself. :aware: I know I go through phases where I'll play for hours every day, and then other times when I log on once and think 'meh' and don't bother for a few weeks.

I think trying out the new content is the best way to get back into it, though. Try out Summoning, maybe? Or join a clan? Get chatting to some people (not the usual 'wot atk lvl u?' stuff :)) to alleviate the boredom of levelling up?

dont do WoW.u dont want to be so addicted that it screws up ur life.ive heard of many people who strongly regret WoW

dont do WoW.u dont want to be so addicted that it screws up ur life.ive heard of many people who strongly regret WoW

You mean the one percent of Earth's populus that has a mental disorder, making them so they can't enjoy a game without playing it for six days straight and dying of thirst? That's like saying, "Watch out for that water! You might be allergic!" :aware:

nevermind.

Edited by cpt 007