Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BachNasty

Bioshock Movie In Development, Gore Verbinski Directing

bioshockpartymain2.jpg

Looks like the rumor we broke back in January that Hollywood was flirting with the BioShock license was dead-on. Variety reports that Universal has signed a deal to turn BioShock into a movie. Director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean) will head the project and Aviator writer John Logan may write the screenplay. Take-Two executive chairman Strauss Zelnick, who was in charge of Fox in the '90s, handled the deal for his company and says the project will actually get made ... unlike the Halo movie.

There's also an interview with Verbinski on Variety's Cut Scene blog where he discusses the project. He believes the movie will be rated "R" and says, in terms of the Little Sisters, that he'll take the issue "right up to the edge," not wanting the core audience to feel "betrayed." Though no release date is currently targeted, Verbinski says he'll start pre-production when Logan's script is finished and approved.

[update: If there was any doubt as to the validity of this story, Take Two itself just issued confirmation that the movie adaptation of its undersea adventure is indeed in the works.]

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/08/bioshock...nski-directing/

Seemed better to post here instead of Entertainment since it's video game related.

But, I hope this will be sweet.

Lol, Bungie would love your post count (7,777 :) ), were you Stupidnoob? You never keep up with name changes when you go away for three months :aware: . Anyway, back on topic, the idea of Video game films never actually appealed to me. The story would mostly only appeal to fans of the game, same with the characters. For most games, fans of Sci-fi would like the setting but the gamers (well i know i would) would just be twidling their thumbs, wishing for a controller. I mean, i get agitated whenever there is an exceptionally long cutscene.

Lol, Bungie would love your post count (7,777 :) ), were you Stupidnoob? You never keep up with name changes when you go away for three months :aware: . Anyway, back on topic, the idea of Video game films never actually appealed to me. The story would mostly only appeal to fans of the game, same with the characters. For most games, fans of Sci-fi would like the setting but the gamers (well i know i would) would just be twidling their thumbs, wishing for a controller. I mean, i get agitated whenever there is an exceptionally long cutscene.

Yes I was and now 7777 is gone.

I'm doubtfull about this, Bioshock had a good story but I don't know how that would be made into a movie

Actually this is the most perfect video game to be made into a movie.

I actually can't choose anything better.

If you haven't played this game then please don't say this will be a bad movie. Kthx.

Can't wait. Game was amazing, hopefully movie will follow suit.

I can see so many possibilities that the director could use for this movie. So many options...so many options...

I'm not sure about this, from what I recall, the game tied up most loose ends, which means the movie would have to either mimic storyline or create a new (possibly bad) plot.

Plus what will Bio look like? I hope they don't make him be really ugly or super sauve...although a FPM would be an interesting twist.

I'm doubtfull about this, Bioshock had a good story but I don't know how that would be made into a movie

You can be doubtful of it, but it's already it development.

If i remember correctly, the Halo movie was in development. Then it wasn't.

Looks awesome.

A Better movie Ph, definately Top Spin 2 :aware:

Definitely a chance for a few best special effects awards...

That's all you think it'll be good for?

:aware:

Considering its got a great director and a good writer, as well as good material to work with, I'm pretty sure this will work out.

It'll probably be more appealing to people that actually played Bioshock but I'm sure it'll be a good movie.

At the least its more organized than the halo movie was. (With halo they gave promises of the movie way before they were ready and then it ended up falling apart. Here before they confirmed it they've got a decent amount of it set up.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.