Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mole leader

Toktz-ket-dill Quest Guide

if i get the right one happy( the human killing the killer) the left one isnt... and i cant change the right ones role..

Few tips on fighting the boss:

Make sure you use a pickaxe when you fight the boss. Use a stabbing attack and then switch to crush once you break the shell. Also, it seems to get angry when you use protection prayers and hits through them. Not too tough though, but you will probably need to pick up some food before you fight it.

Are Ice Arrows/Water Spells any effective on Fire/Lava Monster?

Answered myself: Water Blast isn't any better than Fire Blast. :aware:

PS. TzHaar = extra hot with minimum brightness :)

Edited by iFree

^ I used Water Wave for the fire monsters, and steel arrows for lava monsers.

EDIT: Just got to mining area, about to kill the Armadillo... thing.

EDIT#2: Just finished. For the boss, have protect from Range on, as he hits 20s when he smashes his tail against the ground. Try to stay away from the walls. Bring a prayer potion if you feel you need it, and 15+ sharks, although I used like 4.

Edited by Fury_Ranger

Transparent version of the quest scroll:

adn9sl.gif

[IMG=http://i30.tinypic.com/adn9sl.gif]

Edited by Roy

When modifiying the roles, go to each one and give everyone what they what they want except for TzHaar-Ket-Jok's second request where he wants to kill TzHaar-Xil-Mor's role. That keeps both satisfied.

And also, if you get the modifications wrong for one TzHaar, just re-assign their role to start their modifications from scratch.

I'll try and get some transparent pictures up in a while (rocks etc.) if you need them...

Mining obsidian gives 40 experience points.

Obsidian Rock: 2mzgk0j.png

To craft a stone pillar from the rock, use an hammer and chisel on it.

To treat your oak planks, talk to TzHarr-Hur-Frok next to the quest start point.

It sucks, so don't use it :wizard:: 2z7038i.png...but you can if you want.

Edited by Karz

Quest complete :aware:

The tips for boss were helpful. I think i wouldn't have done it without the tips.

TokTz-Ket-Dill

Written by: Mole Leader

Thanks to: Penguin, Fury_Ranger, Roy, Karz

Start: Talk to one of the three TzHaar in gathered outside the collapsed tunnel in TzHaar city. (East of the entrance)

Skills: 40 Attack, 50 Construction, 43 Crafting, 41 Mining, 45 Strength

What you need: A rune pickaxe, 15 Oak Planks, Hammer, Chisel, the ability to fight a level 100 monster, and to kill level 47 monsters with Ranged and Magic.

Recommended Items: Varrock teleport, Charged Glory Amulet (for teleporting to Karamja), Rune Pickaxe, Runes for Water/Ice Spells

Getting started

To begin the quest, head to TzHaar City, found on Musa Point on Karamja, then head to the north-east to the collapsed tunnel. Talk to TzHaar-Hur-Frok, TzHaar-Xil-Tog or TzHaar-Mej-Malk, who will then tell you about the TokTz-Ket-Dill, a large armadillo-like creature that has dug tunnels under the city.

speech2pn0.png

speech1kj7.png

They will tell you that, despite being strong and skilled enough to break through the blockage, such an act could collapse the tunnels and ruin the entire city! Of course, it is left to you, the only one small enough to get into the tunnels, to find and kill the TokTz-Ket-Dill.

Getting your supplies

Go south and talk to TzHaar-Ket-Grol, who, after stubbornly refusing to change his language to suit you, will give you a stone tablet. translationbookuf2.png

Since you cannot understand the tablet, TzHaar-Ket-Grol tells you to go and see TzHaar-Mej-Lor, the librarian, who is found by going through the cave entrance south-west of the furnace.

Head to Reldo in the Varrock Library, who will tell you to search the shelves until you find the Tzhaar tourist guide. 30boh7s.gif

After reading the guide, you will be able to translate the numbers and words on your tablet, which tells you that you need a rune pickaxe, 20 rocks (mined in TzHaar) and 15 Oak treated planks.

To have your planks treated, talk to TzHaar-Hur-Frok (where you started the quest), and he will treat any oak planks you have in your inventory. treatedplanklc0.gif (You can bank these, for now - you will not need them until later on.)

Learning how to mine magma

After talking to TzHaar-Ket-Grol again and selecting the correct options (a pickaxe, oak planks and rock), head north-east to the cave entrance and enter the mines.

Talk to TzHaar-Hur-Brekt, and after explaining why you must be the one to go into the tunnels yet again, he will ask you for a favour - convincing the other TzHaar miners that theatre can be good! Tough call.

speech5rq0.png

The Play

Talk to him again, and tell him to change the plot to "no one gets killed, he merely robs" and then "the humans started it."

Then talk to TzHaar-Hur-Klag, asking him how to make the play better. Select the second option, so that it is a TzHaar-Hur that gets robbed.

Next, talk to TzHaar-Mej-Kol, repeating what you did before and selecting "one is a TzHaar-Mej who is aware of the situation."

Ask the same question to TzHaar-Xil-Mor, and say "the criminal could be a TzHaar-Xil."

Speak to Brekt again, and tell him that it needs an ending of "the criminal gets caught through joint efforts." Then tell him that the ending should be changed to "the criminal's plans are foiled," and tell TzHaar-Xil-Mor that the plans are not always foiled. You now have a good plot to the play, so tell Brekt that the other TzHaar are all happy with the plot.

Now I know why directors get paid so much...

The next stage is to assign the roles. Simply match the following roles to each of the TzHaar (by talking to each one individually), and if they are not happy, modify them:

TokTz-Ket-Ek-Mack - TzHaar-Xil-Mor

KetKul-Schmul - TzHaar-Mej-Kol - you will need to modify his role, so that the criminal is tricked and only gets away with a small amount of Tokkul.

JalYt-Jenny -TzHaar-Ket-Jok - you will need to change the role so that he is a TzHaar-Ket that gets defeated, but survives the attack (reject his second request of defeating the criminal).

TzHaar-Hur - TzHaar-Hur-Klag - you will need to change the role so that he is robbed, not assaulted, and is called TzHaar-Hur-Klag.

When they are all happy with their roles, tell Brekt that the roles have been given out, and hey presto, your job is done! (That wasn't too hard, was it?)

Brekt now teaches you how to safely mine through magma, and you will need to mine 20 stone slabs from the Obsidian walls in the cave (yielding 40 mining experience per slab - each part of the wall can be mined twice before you have to move to another, or wait for it to respawn). 2mzgk0j.png

speech6kz3.png

magmaminingnm0.png

To make these slabs usable, take your chisel and hammer and use either one with each slab, making it into a pillar (yielding 20 crafting experience per pillar). pillarff9.gif

The tunnel

I've looked through it, and so far, no slip ups or grammar mess-ups.

in the tunnles its very important to look for the red lines on the walls on minimap and rocks, if you miss one you will have to break pillars to repair it. and if you apply the wrong type of support, you will be hit by some damage, i got hit by 8 and 11. use pillars if its very badly damaged, if its not so damaged use planks, but i am not sure at exact spot you have to place what

Looks like a great guide to be. shame i wont be doing this quest for 2 reasons. 1. im not 50 construction. 2.im scared of armadillos 2. i have 1 day left as mems.

:aware:

Will have to stop for the night, aim to have it finished by tomorrow.

You have to talk to Grol before talking to Frok for Frok to treat your planks

Edited by Kingme

After

"After reading the guide, you will be able to translate the numbers and words on your tablet, which tells you that you need a rune pickaxe, 20 rocks (mined in TzHaar) and 15 Oak treated planks."

Mention you need to talk to him again, so you can get the stuff done.

I hope you finish it and not that someone posts a guide on the last moment and that someone would accept it when no one has looked at it because that second someone thinks the first someone is perfect...

I'll post some images of the quest later.

If you know what I mean :aware:

Dillo-gence Is Key is one of the soundtracks unlocked in the new quest, goes under rewards.

Arma Gonna Get You is another soundtrack.

Edited by Cxkslei

You might want to add in 1k tokkul as a reward. That's what you get when you kill the amradillo. And you also need 14 oak planks for the quest, not 15

Edit: I just watched the play and I've unlocked another song:

080513173838mm5.png

Edited by Kingme

Colors: Don't use colors in your guide. It makes it difficult to read, and they WILL NOT appear on the site even if the guide gets accepted.

It's best to remove the colors. :aware:

Nearly done, and though this is completely irrelevant, I thought it was hilarious :aware:

The rewards page on the Knowledge Base usually say something like "check back tomorrow." Well, with this one...

spoilerkz1.png

Gotta love the Jagex staff :)

Edited by mole leader

1. Talk to any of the 3 tzhaar to begin quest

Nearly done, and though this is completely irrelevant, I thought it was hilarious :aware:

The rewards page on the Knowledge Base usually say something like "check back tomorrow." Well, with this one...

spoilerkz1.png

Gotta love the Jagex staff :)

and for the legacy of seergaze quest it said "The reward scroll has bloodstains on it and we are trying to find a replacement...check back tomorow."

Edited by Carl118

Nice! Keep up the good work.

Just hurry up and complete it before Neo Avatars comes, as he'll post the entire completed guide at once once he comes.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.