Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Veni vidi vici

Ice Giant/warrior Slaying Guide

It's against forum rules, isn't it?

I'll have to check that.

It self-bumped... And no I think bumping a topic isn't such a serious thing here. Only if it doesn't have anything useful in the post.

Bad:

Bump

Good:

Can anyone check the spelling?

Oh, I'll ask a forum mod, I saw a topic that was closed because it was bumped so IDK. And what is a self bump?

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...howtopic=219872 theres the topic that was closed.

Edited by yankeeboy254

I'll have to check that.

It self-bumped... And no I think bumping a topic isn't such a serious thing here. Only if it doesn't have anything useful in the post.

Bad:

Bump

Good:

Oh, I'll ask a forum mod, I saw a topic that was closed because it was bumped so IDK. And what is a self bump?

I just made up the term "self-bump"... In the meaning that it just bumped without anyone (or maybe a mod) did it. That topic that was bumped, that only happens when it's an old one.

Btw: I've redone the map with white wolf mountain.

k01rpg.png

[IMG=http://i27.tinypic.com/k01rpg.png]

I'll have to check that.

Bad:

Bump

Good:

I just made up the term "self-bump"... In the meaning that it just bumped without anyone (or maybe a mod) did it. That topic that was bumped, that only happens when it's an old one.

Btw: I've redone the map with white wolf mountain.

k01rpg.png

[IMG=http://i27.tinypic.com/k01rpg.png]

Thanks, and Jamster says "If It wasn't there it wouldn't be allowed" I feel so stupid. And thanks for the new map. And while your at it, would you mind completely re-writing the whole guide? Thanks! :)

EDIT: I found 3 hiding .gif files! But don't worry I murdered them, so now they are .png files! I think the guide is done; until Roy re-writes the whole thing at least :aware:

EDITEDIT: I AM GOING TO GO ON A BUMPNG RAMPAGE!

EDITEDITEDIT: I hope that Sal will look at the guide, I haven't ever seen him even on the Guides-In-Progress page, only guide rewrites and forum help and feedback. :sad:

Edited by yankeeboy254

Keep your images where they were.

Ice Giant Slaying

Written By: Yankeeboy254

EXTRA Special Thanks To: Roy, Poke, Sp0rtsrule and Victory Guy8

Contents

Ice Cavern

Ice warriors and giants are great NPC's to train on, especially if you are limited on cash. They can drop items such as armor (Up to Mithril!), law and other runes and gems. I wouldn't recommend going to the wilderness because it is a multi-combat zone. You can begin slaying ice monsters near Thurgo's house.

routetoicecavesaz6.png

What to Wear

When slaying Ice Giants and Warriors, make sure that you wear any armor that's Adamant or better. Ice monsters can be dangerous if you are unprepared.

Melee:

What to Wear:

At least full adamant armor

Wear anything else you want that doesn't give a negative stat bonus. Fist of Guthix Gauntlets are recommended.

Mage:

What to wear:

Magic Robes

Amulet of Magic

Fire Staff

Have about 1-2k air runes and half that body runes.

Range:

What to Wear:

Studded Leather Armor (If you can wear it green dragonhide is also suggested.)

Any bow will do. Shortbow is recommended because it is faster

About 1.5-2k arrows; Iron is the recommended arrow.

Inventory

These pictures are just for visual aid. You don't need to have the exact amounts; it's just to give you an idea.

Now your inventory should look something like this if your combat is about 60:

This is what your inventory should look like if your combat is about 50:

This is what your inventory should look like if your combat is below 50:

Your inventory should only consist of food. These guy's aren't too tough, so even if you a member, it isn't recommended you bring potions. You shouldn't even bring that much unless you are lower than their combat level.

If you have a lower combat level then you should have better food like lobsters. If your combat is over the ice warriors then tuna or Salmon should be okay. If you are lower than their combat level then you should bring lobsters or even swordfish. You don't even need to bring that much food, unless you are a lower level (Below their combat level). When doing this, your combat should be 40 at the bare minimum, but I would recommend at least 50 combat before trying this. The entrance to the cave should look like this. You may remember it from the Knight's Sword Quest.

Run past the muggers and pirates and take the east route to the Ice Giants. There is a safe zone just past the hob-goblins and right before you see the Ice Warriors and Ice Giants!

Make sure you are at full health and go teach those Ice Warriors and Ice Giants a lesson! If you are a lower level you would probably want to use 'Block' instead of training attack because they can hit pretty high! Ice Giants are actually a lower level than the Ice Warriors but they have a higher defense level. I would recommend starting with the Ice Warriors first, then trying the Ice Giants. The ice warriors may be easier because they have a lower defense level but they do have a higher attack level. If you are above 60 combat, you can go right to killing Ice Giants. If you are low on food just re-stock. It is okay if you have some food left over; you might die on the way back!

When you run out of food, go back the way you came and go to the Falador Bank to re-stock on food and store your treasure.

White Wolf Mountain

Okay now although this guide isn't exactly meant for members; it might get their attention. First go to Ice Mountain. There are Ice Warriors up there, but I would recommend going into the mountain itself. WARNING! IF YOU ARE BELOW LEVEL 60 COMBAT THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED! TRY THE WILDERNESS OR ICE CAVERN!

Blue Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Falador

Red Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Catherby Bank

Black Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Seer's Village Bank (Not recommended because it is farther away than Catherby)

That is what it will look like; as you can see, Ice Warriors!

You need to mine to get to the ice warriors below. This is what the rocks will look like; look above to see what kind of food and armor you should have!

When you get inside white wolf mountain, there should be many ice warriors. The Ice warriors are vicious. Try and get them into a line, so you can attack them one by one, and avoid using precious food.

Wilderness

You can start by going to Bounty Hunter to re-stock food and get ready for battle. But watch out for revenants; they lurk outside of Bounty Hunter waiting for the right time to strike....

When you do get to the Ice Warriors and giants, it looks like winter. If you are a member it will look similar to the entrance of the God Wars Dungeon.

Your tactic should be the same you would use in the Ice Cavern, except it's a bit more dangerous around here, so make sure you watch out for passing revenants. It's recommended that you try and get in the middle of the area, and when you only have about 4 pieces of food left, go back for more; you might need them if a revenant attacks you. When escaping head directly south. Watch out for revenants though, although it is unlikely you will encounter any. Although, you will want to run to bounty hunter and teleport from there, it is not recommended because there are revenants along that route.

Red Escape Route: This is the recommended route because there aren't any revenants.

Blue Escape Route: This is also good because you can cut through the Bandit Camp, but there might be a few revenants.

Green Escape Route: This isn't recommended, but it is faster. You can teleport from Bounty Hunter. Several revenants.

You should end up near the mysterious ruins if you continued south, just above Goblin Village. Again, going to Bounty Hunter is not recommended, due to revenants.

Fighting Tips

1. When you are fighting them, don't run away if they hit high on you. Just have some of your food and continue fighting. If they continually hit high on you, get better food, or your defense level/armor is not good enough.

2. If you are on a member’s server, you don't need to pray. If you are a member your combat should be pretty high and you probably won't even need member armor. Remember, this guide is meant for medium-level non-members.

3. If you die, don't get your head down. Train on other monsters for now and get those levels up!

4. They look pretty scary! But don't be intimidated - You have food and armor; they got a sword.

5. Most importantly, don't give up. If you give up as soon as you kill one and are almost out of food, bring better food, get your levels up and eventually you will be training on lessers!

Thanks for Reading!

[center][size=5][color="#FF0000"][b][u]Ice Giant Slaying[/color][/size][/u][/b]
[b]Written By:[/b] Yankeeboy254
[b]EXTRA Special Thanks To: [/b]Roy, Poke, Sp0rtsrule and Victory Guy8[/center]

[color="#8B0000"][u][b][size=3]Contents[/size][/b][/u][/color]
[list]
[*] [anchor=Ice Cavern]Ice Cavern[/anchor]
[*] [anchor=What to Wear]What to Wear[/anchor]
[*] [anchor=Inventory]Inventory[/anchor]
[*] [anchor=White Wolf Mountain]White Wolf Mountain[/anchor]
[*] [anchor=Wilderness]Wilderness[/anchor]
[*] [anchor=Fighting Tips]Fighting Tips[/anchor]
[/list]

[name=Ice Cavern][u][b][size=4][color="#0000FF"]Ice Cavern[/color][/size][/b][/u][/name]

Ice warriors and giants are great NPC's to train on, especially if you are limited on cash. They can drop items such as armor (Up to Mithril!), law and other runes and gems. I wouldn't recommend going to the wilderness because it is a multi-combat zone. You can begin slaying ice monsters near Thurgo's house.

[img=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6066/routetoicecavesaz6.png]

[name=What to Wear][b][u][size=4][color="#0000FF"]What to Wear[/color][/size][/u][/b][/name]

When slaying Ice Giants and Warriors, make sure that you wear any armor that's Adamant or better. Ice monsters can be dangerous if you are unprepared.

[b]Melee:[/b]

What to Wear:
At least full adamant armor
Wear anything else you want that doesn't give a negative stat bonus. Fist of Guthix Gauntlets are recommended.

[b]Mage:[/b]

What to wear:
Magic Robes
Amulet of Magic
Fire Staff
Have about 1-2k air runes and half that body runes.

[b]Range:[/b]

What to Wear:
Studded Leather Armor (If you can wear it green dragonhide is also suggested.)
Any bow will do. Shortbow is recommended because it is faster
About 1.5-2k arrows; Iron is the recommended arrow.

[name=Inventory][b][u][size=4][color="#0000FF"]Inventory[/color][/size][/u][/b][/name]

These pictures are just for visual aid. You don't need to have the exact amounts; it's just to give you an idea.
Now your inventory should look something like this if your combat is about 60:

This is what your inventory should look like if your combat is about 50:

This is what your inventory should look like if your combat is below 50:

Your inventory should only consist of food. These guy's aren't too tough, so even if you a member, it isn't recommended you bring potions. You shouldn't even bring that much unless you are lower than their combat level.

If you have a lower combat level then you should have better food like lobsters. If your combat is over the ice warriors then tuna or Salmon should be okay. If you are lower than their combat level then you should bring lobsters or even swordfish. You don't even need to bring that much food, unless you are a lower level (Below their combat level). When doing this, your combat should be 40 at the bare minimum, but I would recommend at least 50 combat before trying this. The entrance to the cave should look like this. You may remember it from the Knight's Sword Quest. 

Run past the muggers and pirates and take the east route to the Ice Giants. There is a safe zone just past the hob-goblins and right before you see the Ice Warriors and Ice Giants! 

Make sure you are at full health and go teach those Ice Warriors and Ice Giants a lesson! If you are a lower level you would probably want to use 'Block' instead of training attack because they can hit pretty high! Ice Giants are actually a lower level than the Ice Warriors but they have a higher defense level. I would recommend starting with the Ice Warriors first, then trying the Ice Giants. The ice warriors may be easier because they have a lower defense level but they do have a higher attack level. If you are above 60 combat, you can go right to killing Ice Giants. If you are low on food just re-stock. It is okay if you have some food left over; you might die on the way back!
When you run out of food, go back the way you came and go to the Falador Bank to re-stock on food and store your treasure. 

[name=White Wolf Mountain][color="#0000FF"][size=4][u][b]White Wolf Mountain[/b][/u][/size][/color][/name]

Okay now although this guide isn't exactly meant for members; it might get their attention. First go to Ice Mountain. There are Ice Warriors up there, but I would recommend going into the mountain itself. WARNING! IF YOU ARE BELOW LEVEL 60 COMBAT THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED! TRY THE WILDERNESS OR ICE CAVERN!

Blue Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Falador
Red Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Catherby Bank
Black Line - From White Wolf Mountain to Seer's Village Bank (Not recommended because it is farther away than Catherby)

That is what it will look like; as you can see, Ice Warriors! 

You need to mine to get to the ice warriors below. This is what the rocks will look like; look above to see what kind of food and armor you should have!

When you get inside white wolf mountain, there should be many ice warriors. The Ice warriors are vicious. Try and get them into a line, so you can attack them one by one, and avoid using precious food. 

[name=Wilderness][color="#0000FF"][size=4][u][b]Wilderness[/b][/u][/size][/color][/name]

You can start by going to Bounty Hunter to re-stock food and get ready for battle. But watch out for revenants; they lurk outside of Bounty Hunter waiting for the right time to strike....

When you do get to the Ice Warriors and giants, it looks like winter. If you are a member it will look similar to the entrance of the God Wars Dungeon. 

Your tactic should be the same you would use in the Ice Cavern, except it's a bit more dangerous around here, so make sure you watch out for passing revenants. It's recommended that you try and get in the middle of the area, and when you only have about 4 pieces of food left, go back for more; you might need them if a revenant attacks you. When escaping head directly south. Watch out for revenants though, although it is unlikely you will encounter any. Although, you will want to run to bounty hunter and teleport from there, it is not recommended because there are revenants along that route. 

Red Escape Route: This is the recommended route because there aren't any revenants.
Blue Escape Route: This is also good because you can cut through the Bandit Camp, but there might be a few revenants.
Green Escape Route: This isn't recommended, but it is faster. You can teleport from Bounty Hunter. Several revenants.

You should end up near the mysterious ruins if you continued south, just above Goblin Village. Again, going to Bounty Hunter is not recommended, due to revenants. 

[name=Fighting Tips][color="#0000FF"][size=4][u][b]Fighting Tips[/b][/u][/size][/color][/name]

1. When you are fighting them, don't run away if they hit high on you. Just have some of your food and continue fighting. If they continually hit high on you, get better food, or your defense level/armor is not good enough. 
2. If you are on a member’s server, you don't need to pray. If you are a member your combat should be pretty high and you probably won't even need member armor. Remember, this guide is meant for medium-level non-members.
3. If you die, don't get your head down. Train on other monsters for now and get those levels up! 
4. They look pretty scary! But don't be intimidated - You have food and armor; they got a sword. 
5. Most importantly, don't give up. If you give up as soon as you kill one and are almost out of food, bring better food, get your levels up and eventually you will be training on lessers! 

Thanks for Reading!

Edited by Victory Guy8

Just give me the links to the parts of the guide and that is it. Can't add color. Just give me the links.

Edited by yankeeboy254

EDIT: I found 3 hiding .gif files! But don't worry I murdered them, so now they are .png files! I think the guide is done; until Roy re-writes the whole thing at least :aware:

Actually those gif files are in gif because of the transparency. People who have internet explorer will see a background instead of transparency. Best just replace the new ones with the old ones (if you put it in gif with a program like paint it won't look good).

Btw with the map I redone, I didn't put the black one on it so the description of it isn't necessary.

Edited by Roy

Actually those gif files are in gif because of the transparency. People who have internet explorer will see a background instead of transparency. Best just replace the new ones with the old ones (if you put it in gif with a program like paint it won't look good).

Btw with the map I redone, I didn't put the black one on it so the description of it isn't necessary.

whatever.... AND NO MORE UPDATES! IT IS ONLY SLOWING DOWN THE GUIDE!

Ice Giants are actually a lower level than the Ice Warriors but they have a higher defense level. I would recommend starting with the Ice Warriors first, then trying the Ice Giants. The ice warriors may be easier because they have a lower defense level but they do have a higher attack level. If you are above 60 combat, you can go right to killing Ice Giants.

If I was a low level and I had to kill either one for whatever the reason, I would choose to kill the ice giants. They are easier in my oppinion because:

1. Each attack has the same max hit
  2. They are lower leveled
  3. Their weapons are slower

Edited by Shooter585

Ice Warriors are good if you're trying to get exp and nothing else. Ice Giants drop big bones, but they take a bit longer to beat. Both have decent drops consisting of chaos runes, nature runes, death runes and cosmic runes. They also drop gp. This might be something to add as well.

Edited by south630

for white wolf mt pic dont forget theres a bank in rogues den even though you might not fit it but ok

this guide has a chance cuz we have lesser demon hell hound...

for white wolf mt pic dont forget theres a bank in rogues den even though you might not fit it but ok

this guide has a chance cuz we have lesser demon hell hound...

There is also one in the Warrior's Guild and Cantherby too...

Aren't there also ice giants/warrios in that one new HUGE dungeon in the wilderness as well? :aware:

Aren't there also ice giants/warrios in that one new HUGE dungeon in the wilderness as well? :wizard:

? Say what ?

chaos tunnels totally forgot about those, nr 24 and 27 on the map (section E and B).

14aa2k7.png

Should be added to the wilderness part, but not the big map I'll make two smaller ones to save space.

Edited by Roy

Yeah, the Chaos Tunnels :aware: Completely forgot the name. Used to go there a lot when I was getting charms.

Below the "Wilderness" section, you say:

Monster's:
, then you have the pictures of the Ice Giants/Warriors. It should say "Monsters".

Just take away the apostrophe, and make it "Monsters"

Below the "Wilderness" section, you say:
Monster's:
, then you have the pictures of the Ice Giants/Warriors. It should say "Monsters".

Just take away the apostrophe, and make it "Monsters"

whatever

thanks

Green Escape Route: This isn't recommended, there are many revanents and isn't really any faster than the red or blue route.

It should be spelled 'revenants'. Other than that small error, it's a great guide!

97m91w.png

[IMG=http://i33.tinypic.com/97m91w.png]

A better setup for mages?

The leather chaps provide defense bonuses, while not deducting any magic offense bonuses, same goes for vambraces.

Edited by peter_144

I guess I pride myself as a bit of an expert on the first place you talk about, I practically live there, so I'd like to make some suggestions:

Bring a Staff of Fire and 5-10 Natures to High Alk the first few Black/Mithril drops you get. After this you'll most likely get a Nature Drop to keep this going. It saves inventory space which you lose pretty quickly for higher level players.

There is a small safe zone, about 4 spots, right next to the space leading to the wyverns. No Warriors or Giants are aggressive here, so its a great place to go to if you need to log out.

Your equipment pictures are lacking for Ranged and Magic, you need capes, gloves, and amulets for each (you can see whats missing). I recommend Safety Gloves for Magic, and a Power Amulet for Ranged.

If you're going to mention Magic and Ranged in that area, you need to talk about the places to hook Ice Giants. Otherwise they will get destroyed.

~Helk

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.