Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zacharysuns

Wii Fit

My Mom, who is just above average weight, wants to get Wii Fit. We live in Phoenix. We have been searching for 3 days without luck. Any suggestions, or can anyone have any better luck looking for one? It would be a great help

I'd wait anyways, wait for the newness to wear off and the prices to drop.

Don't get wiifit. It's a gimmick.

If your mom really wants to lose weight, start running, jogging in place, push-ups (that includes girl pushups [on your knees]:)), and get some five pound dumb bells to tone the arms.

All of this is, what, ten dollars? Wii fit is selling for 100-500 USD. :aware:

Firstly, you can sum WiiFit up in 3 words: Biggest Scam Ever!

Secondly, if she really wants then just check amazon and all the smaller gaming stores, they usually have a good stock of them

If your mom really wants to lose weight, start running, jogging in place, push-ups (that includes girl pushups [on your knees]:)), and get some five pound dumb bells to tone the arms.

Like to tell us where you seen a store/site selling for 500 USD? :wub:

I don't really want it. My best friend said it was good though. But you'd probably lose mmore weight going to the gy/jogging/swimming or something similar.

Shouldn't this be on "Console Games"?

WiiFit is the most overrated, scam of a game ever produced.

I'm perfectly happy with my eliptical and recumbant bike :aware:

~Seren

Wiifit is sold out on most online stores.

It seems like a great and fun way to get your excersing done. I would definatly buy it. Although I can do push ups and jog in place myself, the idea of a game based excersing game appeals to me.

It probably isn't the best an efficent way to loose weight, but you sure will have fun doing it :aware:.

WiiFit is the most overrated, scam of a game ever produced.

How is it a scam?

Edited by Bretballer40

buy her a slab of pavement, you can steal them easlier aswell. They do practicly the same.

+1, the normal way of getting fit is proven the best.

Also, you know those abswings, they are 80% less effective then sit ups! :wub:

But, maybe the wiifit is good because it provides entertainment as well as exercise.

-Ming :ice:

How is it a scam?

They market the WiiFit as a way to play videogames and get fit when it fails to do either proprely.

The games are boring, dull and repititive. I tried it in my local GAME and after 4 minutes I was considering 'What on Earth would possess someone to buy this' and wondering wether it was worth staying on for 3 minutes just to finish the minigame. As for making you fit, shifting weight from one side to the other isn't going to make you fit, and the yoga positions thing are to help with breathing and relaxation, not cutting down the pounds.

How is it a scam?

They market the WiiFit as a way to play videogames and get fit when it fails to do either proprely.

The games are boring, dull and repititive. I tried it in my local GAME and after 4 minutes I was considering 'What on Earth would possess someone to buy this' and wondering wether it was worth staying on for 3 minutes just to finish the minigame. As for making you fit, shifting weight from one side to the other isn't going to make you fit, and the yoga positions thing are to help with breathing and relaxation, not cutting down the pounds.

+11111111111111

Summed it up perfectly. Although doing iot over and over and over might make you lose some, but very little weight.

How is it a scam?

+11111111111111

Summed it up perfectly. Although doing iot over and over and over might make you lose some, but very little weight.

According to a research paper that is hidden in the vaults of the internetz, it take 26 hours to replicate an hours bike ride

How is it a scam?

+11111111111111

WiiFit with the ever fun stick your right leg out game. Also if you get tired of that there is the even more fun stick your left foot out game!

Do a 100 push ups (in sets if you have too) and you'll lose more weight and gain more muscle than you would if you were on a WiiFit for hours.

Edited by Raz

WiiFit with the ever fun stick your right leg out game. Also if you get tired of that there is the even more fun stick your left foot out game!

Don't want to invest in a hula hoop? Well now you can invest $300 and get the same fun in the comfort of your own home.

Also, check online.

Edited by Brewi

How is it a scam?

They market the WiiFit as a way to play videogames and get fit when it fails to do either proprely. The games are boring, dull and repititive.

Sounds pretty biased :aware:.

I tried it in my local GAME and after 4 minutes I was considering 'What on Earth would possess someone to buy this' and wondering wether it was worth staying on for 3 minutes just to finish the minigame.

Ok, so you don't enjoy the game. But my question still hasn't been answered, how are they scamming you? You're getting what you paid for, the deal isn't altered in any way.

As for making you fit, shifting weight from one side to the other isn't going to make you fit, and the yoga positions thing are to help with breathing and relaxation, not cutting down the pounds.

Being fit doesn't mean loosing weight. You could lift weights to gain strength. Yoga deals with flexibility excersies, and flexibility is a part of being fit.

Like to tell us where you seen a store/site selling for 500 USD? :ice:

I don't really want it. My best friend said it was good though. But you'd probably lose mmore weight going to the gy/jogging/swimming or something similar.

Shouldn't this be on "Console Games"?

Oops! I messed up. I meant 1000 USD. :wub:

wiifitfe2.png

'Ait! Now this little guy will try to bite you from behind. What you need to do is try to wrangle him like I've showed you with the crocodile!

Noice!!

I've read the past 19 posts, and understand everyone's opinions.

@ Redmonke, people price things absurdly on E-bay. Wii Fits are $90-120, average.

@ Doddsy, My Mom bikes, rollerblades, and runs almost every day in the Winter-Fall. Spring-Summer, are the hotter of the two seasons, making exercise harder than in the Winter-Fall. This way, if we do get Wii Fit, she can exercise all year long without worries of dehydration.

Promblem is, no one has it in stock.

@ Redmonke, people price things absurdly on E-bay. Wii Fits are $90-120, average.

This must be brand new news. I had no idea. :aware:

And in the stores by me it's sold out so....

And about the price thing, yea, you're right. GH2 w/ x-plorer in box + $36 = w007. :)

I wouldn't get it, they're better ways of loosing weight.

One thing I've always wondered about it though, is that if it's marketed to fat people, wouldn't they break it?

I tried it in my local GAME and after 4 minutes I was considering 'What on Earth would possess someone to buy this' and wondering wether it was worth staying on for 3 minutes just to finish the minigame.

Ok, so you don't enjoy the game. But my question still hasn't been answered, how are they scamming you? You're getting what you paid for, the deal isn't altered in any way.

Your not getting what you pay for. You think you are paying for a way to excercise and get fit, when in reality you are paying for a plastic board you can stand on. See my point?

@ Doddsy, My Mom bikes, rollerblades, and runs almost every day in the Winter-Fall. Spring-Summer, are the hotter of the two seasons, making exercise harder than in the Winter-Fall. This way, if we do get Wii Fit, she can exercise all year long without worries of dehydration.

I would have thought you would excercise more in the summer as it is nicer outside. This is slightly off topic but have may wish to suggest twilight running, as it is considerably cooler.

Your not getting what you pay for. You think you are paying for a way to excercise and get fit, when in reality you are paying for a plastic board you can stand on. See my point?

Yes, you are paying to get fit. If you do the excersises they instruct, it will help you get fit. It's just a plastic board, yes, but what you fail to recognize is you don't need the high tech equipment to get fit. You don't need anything, infact.