Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Caboose

Is This Alright?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=21347267

I went onto this topic thinking that it was just another rabid fanboy taking it to far, but by the end i hadn't exactly changed my mind, i just thought that the person may not be completely and utterly stark raving mad. I haven't made my mind up completely yet, but what do you think?

I think maybe he was joking or deliberately trying to provoke a reaction. :)

If he really believes that...then that'd be an extreme case of gaming addiction. :aware:

Good Lord. :) If he really believes this then he's crazy or over addicted to Halo. God speaking in the form of Video Games? Forgive me for saying this overly used Christian phrase but such thought is BLASPHAMY!

But being serious now, game designers think of the storyline for these games. Either the designers are God's prophets in disguise or somebody needs to step away from the computer for a moment and get some shut eye. :aware:

Hahahaha. This guy gave me a laugh. While he's obviously fooling with us, this quote of himself is awesome.

first of all i am not dumping to christianity i am just making it better. second, i know the forerunnners were not really humans but it explains where humans came from! christianity doesn't explain it completely yet, so halo has come along and helped us understand. the truth can come from many places, even something like video games where u wouldn't think you would be learning about religion.

such thought is BLASPHAMY!
[insert overused MADNESS? THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA joke here.]

i am not dumping to christianity i am just making it better.
Haha, wtf. A prophet. :wub:

Either the designers are God's prophets in disguise
Sid Meier is God. Not some lowly 'prophet in disguise'. God. And there's no denying that. :) (:aware:)

Seriously, that guy really needs to go back to his medication. :ice:

Master Chief=Mister Christ :aware:

This is just too good! I love it! He might be joking, but theres something not quite right about it. Perhaps he is serious, in which case, I would like to meet him one day.

Thats pretty sad and funny!

I got about 10 minutes laughter out of that.

Either the designers are God's prophets in disguise
Sid Meier is God. Not some lowly 'prophet in disguise'. God. And there's no denying that. :wub: (:))

Indeed. Who better to creat a game about the Rise of Civilization than the guy who made it! That's settled then, from now on the Civilization's manual shall be my Bible! :aware:

Just look at what it says here!...

From the Civilizations Manual

Founding a Religeon.

If you are the first civilization to discover the associated technolog, the religeon is founded in one of your cities. It is extremely useful to have a city where a religeon has been founded as it allows prophets to create 'Shrines' in the city that generate wealth. :P

And let's not forget the ever popular....

System Reqirements.

Operating System:

Windows® 2000/XP/Vista

Processor:

1.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent

Memory:

512 MB RAM

Hard Disk Space:

1.7 GB Free

CD-ROM Drive :

4X Speed

Video:

128 MB Video Card w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel & vertex shaders)

Sound:

DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

DirectX®:

DirectX® version 9.0c (included) or higher

Words of Wisdom DO U HEAR ME! WORDS OF WISDOM! And many may ask why only Windows? Because using any other is BLASPHAMY do u hear! :ice: SO says Sid Meier!! :ice:

Edited by Phoenix Rider

If he really believes that...then that'd be an extreme case of gaming addiction. :aware:

I would have said mild :)

But being serious (heaven forbid) I personally believe this was done as a joke. The language used personally made me think it was a joke

How did she came to the conclusion that master chief is related to mister christ, this is way too much fanatics in our world

I mean whats next? Pac-man holy resurrection?

Edited by Van Nido

I have the best solution ever: Why doesn't he drop the X-Box controller and stop playing Halo?

she/he's not joking...i've seen extremely funny/sad posts like this on runescape.

In one example there were people who wanted to put their favorite stuff in rs, i was like that's the ONLY thing that keeps you out of rs...

if you put that in rs then you're totally screwed...

The funny thing is, how do you think people first reacted to Christianity and Islam? Probably pretty close to this.

Edited by ttttttttt

The funny thing is, how do you think people first reacted to Christianity and Islam? Probably pretty close to this.

E-crucifixion or e-exile? Sounds like my kind of party.

Well, somebody did start a church based off the Jedi thing, so I suppose this isn't much worse. But yeah, it's probably either a joke, or he's pretty crazy.

But it would be hilarious if he was right :aware: Even if I went to Hell, at least I'd have something to laugh about.

Gosh...that's close to creepy anyone would get so into a video game!