Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Elite143

Drop Pin

Now what I am about to suggest should help out with players who have been hacked.

Now you may be playing Runescape and all of a sudden, your most valued item or items have or has been dropped. At that point you feel like quitting, because all you had saved up for and worked very hard for is now gone.

But I have a solution to this big problem that happens to many players daily. So when you want to drop an item you there is a drop code similar to the banking security code it works the exact same way. But the only difference is the code it cannot be the same as your bank pin.

Why you ask. Due to hackers getting better and better each day it is best to have separate codes. If they have figured out your bank pin (unless you have given them your account info which is a bad idea) would you really want your drop pin to be the same so they can still mess you up? (Most likely the answer is no)

So basically this will keep your items from being dropped if your account does happen to be hacked. Now if they have your bank pin and decide to be devious and drop your items they will have to think again. Due to the separate codes they will have a problem dropping your items.

But for this drop system to work the item has to be at least over 100k. Probably 50k for free players. You only have to do your pin once per login.

Supporters:

Linkfreak153

Note: This is an original thread and has been posted on the official Runescape forums so if by any reason it is to be reposted or ripped of of mine i will take action and let it be known that my idea had been stolen...

http://forum.runescape.com/c=-126d1956/for...,25,78,56720529

If you keep all your items in your bank, with a bank pin they can't be dropped if they can't be withdrawn. I don't see why pins are needed for *everything* because if you just kept your account and computer secure in the first place, no one would find out your password or recoveries.

Matts answer explains the flaw, plus define "valuable", to some full rune set is nothing yet to a new player it is their whole world...you would have to put in a pin to drop burnt lobsters, no thanks lol

I will keep this open for a time to allow you to fully address this issue.

Matts answer explains the flaw, plus define "valuable", to some full rune set is nothing yet to a new player it is their whole world...you would have to put in a pin to drop burnt lobsters, no thanks lol

I will keep this open for a time to allow you to fully address this issue.

But for this drop system to work the item has to be at least over 100k. Probably 50k for free players. You only have to do your pin once per login.

Try reading the whole post before asserting your mod powers, buddy.

Edited by Lerenzie

I Like That Idea! Maybe for itmes only worth over 50k or something though.

Well the solution to hacking is to follow Jagex's precautions ... something like this would just be annoying. I'm always dropping stuff I don't want!

There is no such thing as hacking in runescape.

Just idiots who aren't smart enough to keep their account safe by giving their pass and pin to scam sites and friends.

~Razorlike

Amen to razorlike. It's your fault if you can't keep your account safe.

Ok, so lets get rid of the bank pin then. After all, if we can't keep our accounts safe, it's our fault.

And don't just say "there is no hacking in runescape" because you want to make yourself sound smart. Hacking is the common terminology of someone stealing your password, get over it.

And if you actually read, you only have to do it for items 100k+ and once per log in. It doesn't sound so bad, so I support.

People still take runescape accounts?

Wait, they take runescape accounts just to drop items in the players inventory??

THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS!

Seriously? Unless you keep a bank's worth in your inventory, you shouldn't have to worry.

Not to mention that some people can barely remember one pin, let alone two different ones.

What i had meant by this is that if the item is over 100k and you are dropping it the dropping pin will appear. Anything under the minimum amount will be dropped so like you can still drop those useless items taking up space in your inventory.

As one of the posters had pointed out some people keep like a whole bank in their inventory or equipped.

If you were to have on full Armadyl armor and Godsword and lets say you were to become hacked and they decide to spite you by dropping it all I'm sure that you would want this system to be able to stop that person right there at a dead stop.

But the drop limit for the freeplayers should be a bout 40k because their rune armor is there prized possesion.

the 100k rule apply s for money also.

You can smother players with every type of security code, but is it really the best option? Someone can log onto your account and cause you trouble in a variety of ways, but you could have prevented it in nine cases out of ten. There is no way to "hack" an account, and as long as you are cautious about what websites you visit, have updated security software, and use common sense you are usually safe. There's a point at which you have to stop with the security features and leave it up to the players, because after that the measures begin to negatively affect gameplay.

You can smother players with every type of security code, but is it really the best option? Someone can log onto your account and cause you trouble in a variety of ways, but you could have prevented it in nine cases out of ten. There is no way to "hack" an account, and as long as you are cautious about what websites you visit, have updated security software, and use common sense you are usually safe. There's a point at which you have to stop with the security features and leave it up to the players, because after that the measures begin to negatively affect gameplay.

That reminds me. People can hack us and then swear and give us black marks. Pin for talking.

They can attempt to scam. Pin for trading.

They can get us killed. Pin for moving.

WE NEED MORE PINS!

Please.

If you keep all your items in your bank, with a bank pin they can't be dropped if they can't be withdrawn. I don't see why pins are needed for *everything* because if you just kept your account and computer secure in the first place, no one would find out your password or recoveries.

He means if they hack your pin.

I also think this is the most inefficient thing in the world.

I also think this is the most inefficient thing in the world.

A PIN isn't "hacked." The only way it can be stolen is basically if you give it out or it is easy to guess, because the buttons move around, meaning programs that steal passwords and such can't steal it.

I think this should only apply to items worth over X amount. +1 To Razorlike too. It would get annoying though everytime you began to drop something entering a code. That is why the item should be worth say at least 10k or something.

Good idea! I think you should also have a pin for trading large amounts of money. They should be opptional, I guess.

~Sipthis :aware:

Good idea! I think you should also have a pin for trading large amounts of money. They should be opptional, I guess.

~Sipthis :)

A better idea would be to do this for untradables such as full void, fire cape, and fighter torso. These take allot of time and money to get and they would not be covered by the drop limit. Also, they are the most common items to be dropped because it creates the most annoyance.

As for valuable items, how about items that a certain value of your net worth. For example if you owned a red phat and had a 400m in total items you could not drop the p hat without giving the pin because it is a massive percentage of you total wealth.

I think this should only apply to items worth over X amount. +1 To Razorlike too. It would get annoying though everytime you began to drop something entering a code. That is why the item should be worth say at least 10k or something.

That is already covered in the topic. :aware:

But for this drop system to work the item has to be at least over 100k. Probably 50k for free players.
Edited by heb0

Ok, so say this does happen. What if they get you killed :aware:

With that in mind, the suggestion is, basically useless - Jagex isn't going to change the way items are dropped when a NPC/monster kills you.

A better idea would be to do this for untradables such as full void, fire cape, and fighter torso. These take allot of time and money to get and they would not be covered by the drop limit. Also, they are the most common items to be dropped because it creates the most annoyance.

As for valuable items, how about items that a certain value of your net worth. For example if you owned a red phat and had a 400m in total items you could not drop the p hat without giving the pin because it is a massive percentage of you total wealth.

The trouble with this is that the entire game goes off "alch" value, and not player value. This is the flaw with the entire suggestion I think, you are assuming that because something is cheap it is not worthy of saving, but how many people save that special item such as the shrimp that got them 99 cooking because I am betting it is quite a few, not many would carry it around at all but that is my point.

A new player who doesnt have a PIN or is not savvy yet to have a really good password might lose a full mithril armour that he worked weeks for, he is proud of it...

So, the only way this could ever possibly work is if people could set the value of the items not to be dropped themselves or make it an entirely customisable thing...something that would be impracticle considering the size and range of peoples banks.

Try reading the whole post before asserting your mod powers, buddy.

I fail to see how posting due to a report to get the topic locked is asserting mod powers due to it being next to impossible to implement lol :aware:

It would work if you only had to enter it once per log in... not once per item. Seriously I drop items like empty vials, ashes i accidentally pick up from lessers, burnt food, etc. all the time.

I SUPPORT THIS NOTION FULLY GREAT IDEA :aware:

Edited by Xaria
Why? You should explain more about why you like it. Saying it's a "GREAT IDEA" doesn't add much to the topic. ~Xaria