Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arianna

Smoking Kills

Slayer helmet combines Black mask, nosepeg, earmuffs, facemask and spiny helmet in one. Pretty damn nifty if you ask me.

That sounds pretty awesome. Price? Picture?

We have made efforts to stop the strange 'dancing' effect that occurs when fighting monsters on the same square as you. You should find that, instead of moving from side to side, you find a more suitable position to attack the monster from.
Finely, it's so irritating when you're 'dancing' around a green dragon and then another dude comes and 'steals' your kill.

I know exactly what you mean. Glad they fixed it...or supposedly fixed it.

Is releasing a piece of content on a Thursday a first? :aware: It certainly isn't at all 'common'.

Dragon square shields have been updated, thanks to observant players who noted that its two halves wouldn't make a square!

What's the difference? It looks exactly the same. :)

If you'd put the 2 halves together in a program like MS Paint, they wouldn't make a nice square. The halves have been changed now.

Anyway. *Tosses back mask* Bye bye! I better sell it now. o.O

Well I just finished it. Spoilers below on my understanding of and thoughts on the rewards, dont read if you dont want to know.

You can earn and spend 'slayer points' now just like with Pest control, Vinesweeper, and Mage Training arena, you earn via completing assignments to 100% rather than burthorping them part way through. Which is an interesting new dynamic for slayer. It also looks like you can buy the right to never get a particular assignment again ( with the ability to change your mind later if you like ) so the thought of getting rid of trash assignments like Warped Terrorbirds makes me all tingly :ph34r:

The slayer helmet looks like a nice bit of kit, still zero points so I wont be buying it ( or rather, the ability to craft it with Black Mask, Nosepeg, Earmuffs, Spiky helmet etc ), any time soon. Broad-Bolts look nice as Rune Crossbow/Zammy book/Broad-Bolt combo will open a serious can of pain on Kurask and Turoth, I'm gonna check this out when my stock of regular broad arrows empties. The slayer teleporting ring looks like it uses a dragonstone, but Canifis Slayer Tower, Tarns Lair, Pollnivneach, and Rellekka slayer dungeon are all handy teleports.. I'd never waste a dragonstone on an 8-charge ring though. Thats like 7k coins per single teleport cost :wizard:

I hope my current slayer assignment hasnt been lost with the 'record reshuffle', did anyone get assignments they were half-way through cancelled? Id sure like to finish on the Nechs I was about half-way through.

I hope my current slayer assignment hasnt been lost with the 'record reshuffle', did anyone get assignments they were half-way through cancelled? Id sure like to finish on the Nechs I was about half-way through.

I've had my 'record lost due to the recent reshuffle' :aware:

Wasn't anything exciting though.

Tbh I expected the slayer master to be 110/120+ and also a new monster or 2, so I'm really disappointed. O well...

EDIT: Duradel now has AMAZING assignments. I'm loving this part :aware:

He now assigns mith dragons, and no longer assigns warped tortoises.

I half expected it to be a reasonably high requirement too, something like 75+ at least and 110+ combat...it isn't like there are too few high levels to make it worthwhile, but the sword sounds great...leaf bladed arrows never worked well :)

Have you heard about another quest, its called Dante do D'rouge

Slayer helmet combines Black mask, nosepeg, earmuffs, facemask and spiny helmet in one. Pretty damn nifty if you ask me.

^thats seems a little over kill if you ask me :) yay! black mask at dustys!!!!!! :aware:

i would be doing this quest now, but i need 4 more combat levels, and im training mage, i think i have the slayer level though....or not. this has some pretty good rewards, what i hear from you all.

Edited by dude i love beef stew

i really want to see a picture of this slayer helmet thingy, I'm at school atm when I get home this is the first thing im checking out =D

Of course nothing will have been perfect...

We're rebooting the servers to improve a number of issues:

- Certain icons, especially on spellbooks, were changing to the wrong graphics when you clicked on them.

- Fishing nets were becoming big brown lumps when you fished with them.

- Magic logs had lost their sparkly image.

- When you got a Slayer task from Vannaka, it didn't count as an achievement for the Varrock Achievement Diary.

- Players were being assigned to slay Jellies even if their Slayer level was too low.

- The Dragonslayer gloves from Fist of Guthix didn't work correctly against mithril dragons.

- Waterfiends had been changed earlier today to drop fish in the form of banknotes. Players had pointed out that the fish were far more useful as real items rather than as banknotes, so we've changed them back.

Now, there are quite a lot of people online at this time of day, and you've got a fair bit of updated code to download. So it's going to lag a bit. Please be patient; the lag will gradually go away again.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Mod Ash

P.S. If you're having trouble with your follower going missing, but you're getting messages saying that you've got a follower out, I'd suggest logging out and in again. That usually brings followers back to you.

Anyone have any tips for the queen at the end, more specifically surviving the rangers? :aware:

Edited by iRocky

Anyone have any tips for the queen at the end, more specifically surviving the rangers? :aware:

i used dhide body with the rest melee armour.

started with mage protect then switched to range when she calls her minions.

pointless to say ignore the rangers and stick to killing her.

edit: and used sarabook instead of dragon sq.

Edited by braindead397

can anyone tell me how do i get through the tombs to talk to that ghost

u need ur cat to get in the passages on the sides.

search the tomb next to entrance to get a pickaxe.

make sure you have a way to kill lvl 30 smthing skellies that range or mage

This is JaGeX's 'giving something back campaign.'

Enjoy next month when they give the alternative view, expect to discover the wonders of the government made GPS trackers in the sugar you add to your tea in the morning

The title of the quest sounds like you smoke out he opponents with a sigarette...

Anyway, when will the guide come out?

I wanna read, but cant do... (no meaning of me reading it :aware: )

Wow thats great they fix the two halves of the dragon shield! :aware:

The thing how you can make it so you don't get a certain monster as your assignment sounds pretty good, i hate getting really shoddy assignments.

WOW! Just about all the Slayer Monsters got a graphical rework! Nice! :aware:

I just wanted to add that though the slayer gem 'How am i doing so far' options are all messed up with the record reshuffle, you can still get slayer xp like normal by continuing the assignment you were on before. Still not sure if this is a bug or is intentional, I assume once you have the right number killed, you get a message like normal that you've completed the task. And can probably get a new one that starts being tracked correctly via the new system.

EDIT -

Yep, the task finishes when you slay enough, once you get a new task the slayer gem works normally once more and updates number of remaining creatures left to kill the way it used to.

On the banshee, black dhide, obby cape, dragon boots, a holy book & whip was all I used, she didnt even hit hard enough or often enough that a protect prayer was needed, much to my surprise. I had the catspeak amulet on for the fight thinking that maybe the cat would play some part, so it could have been even easier with a glory/fury. Lvl85 combat as a quest requirement is a bit silly I reckon, it was nothing at all like Dream Mentor in terms of combat challenges or difficulty.

Edited by Xaene

for thise of you that have been asking what the slayer helm of overkill (thats what im gonna call it)looks like its right under spiny helm in the slayer guide you need 400 points to learn how to make it. from earmuffs and blah blah blah.

if this is the new player renderings (from that one person that said they might be) i wont be displeased. not at all.

to bad i still cant do this quest.

a slayer master died, how ironic :aware:

Does anyone know how to get the leaf blade sword that is supposed to be new? I looked on the trade icon for my slay master but its not there, just the leaf blade spear like before.. Its on the guide as a lvl 55 slayer item with a str requirement, but I meet all the requirements, I just want the item... Its not in the rewards part of any slay master either :aware: im sad.. I was looking foward to it...

Do you have to complete your last slay task in order to get access to it? (Its been kind of slow, black demons are annoying for me and i had around 200)

IF anyone has one please let me know

and if noone else has one, also let me know, lol.

anyone completed it yet?

edit:

sticks out like a sore thumb

ewwns1.png

Wow agreed. At least they could have made her look the same quality...