Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jesman886

Smoking Kills

Smoking Kills

Written By Jesman886

Special Thanks To: Roy, Heretic, Jeremy, iRocky, Jagneb, Friky, Tis Mex, Agent F, Neo Avatars, Cell, dude i love beef...

Where To Start: Speak with Sumona in Pollnivneach.

Skills Needed:Level 25 Crafting, Level 35 Slayer, Level 85 Combat

Quests Needed: The Restless Ghost and Ichthlarin's Little Helper

Items Needed: Earmuffs, Facemask, range or mage, cat, Catspeak amulet, and Ghostspeak amulet.

Items Obtained From Quest: pickaxe, and Banshees Voice

Recommended Skills: Be able to defeat two level 54 mummies, 111 banshee queen, and have all protection prayers.

Recommended Quests: Dealing with Scabaras (for the Enchanted water tiara)

Recommended Items: A weapon, desert robes, armor, waterskins (or water tiara), anti-poison potion, prayer potions, food, and super energy potion.

locationsq1.png

Talk to Sumona in Pollnivneach to begin the quest. She is located next to the general store in a small house. After talking with her make sure you have your Catspeak amulet equipped. Then go down the well and a cat will stop and speak with you. He will tell you that you will need Masked Earmuffs to survive down there. He will also tell you that a dead slayer master may be able to help you create Masked Earmuffs and that he is buried east of the Agility Pyramid.

Swamp

swamp2ub7.png

Go to the swamp just southeast of the Agility Pyramid. Head through the swamp but be careful of the level 89 Crocodiles. Use melee protection prayer if you must and make your way to the northwest side of the swamp.

reedsnc4.png

There will be a fallen pillar blocking some stairs in the northwest of the swamp.

fallenpillartv3.png

Climb over it and go up the stairs.

You will now be on a large desert plateau. Here you can refill your waterskins. Head north until you see a sealed door on the west wall and enter it. Be careful of mummies around this general area.

sealeddoorjw0.png

Once you enter the doorway you are now in Catolox’s Tomb.

Catolax's Tomb

map2dd1.png

You will first want to grab the pickaxe located on the south wall. Then with your cat following you, search the hole on the west wall.

aholeywallmq4.png

Your cat will go through and the doorway will open for you. Enter that room and have your ranged weapon equipped. Use protect from missles prayer if you are taking damage and kill off all three skeleton rangers. Once they are killed, destroy the door to the north with the pickaxe.

Run north through all the traps and open the door. In this room there are five monsters. There will be two Skeleton rangers, two melee monsters, and one level 54 mummy that comes out after the first four are dead. Once you kill the mummy he will drop a key that can be used to unlock the door to the east. Go through the east door and pull the lever to turn off the trap.

leveryf2.png

Return to the entrance chamber and go towards the east side of the tomb. You will not have to use your cat again because this side will be open already. Use magic protection prayer this time and kill off the three skeleton mages to the south. Walk through the traps to the north and open the door. There will be two skeleton mages, two melee monsters, and one level 54 mummy. Again the mummy only comes out after the first four are dead and drops a key. Take the key and use it on the door to the west. Pull the lever and head back to the entrance chamber.

Now head north from the entrance chamber and pass through all the traps. They should all be turned off and won't damage you. If they are causing you damage then you did not pull both switches.

Once past the traps you will see Catolax as a ghost. Make sure you have your Ghostspeak amulet equipped and speak with him. Catolax will tell you how to make a pair of Masked Earmuffs by using a Facemask on a pair of Earmuffs.

Once you have the Masked Earmuffs you can leave the tomb and return to Pollnivneach. Make sure you equip your pair of Masked Earmuffs before entering the well. You will not be in immediate danger when entering the well, head north out of the small chamber and use the melee protection prayers once you enter the larger chamber full of Mighty Banshees. Make sure you keep heading north until you run into a wavering mystic barrier blocking almost the entire north wall.

waveringmysticbarrierkc4.png

You can't enter the barrier yet, so kill banshees until you obtain the Banshees Voice item. Once you have this item you may pass through the large barrier. Before entering the barrier make sure you have your armor and weapon equipped and are ready for battle. Behind this barrier there is a level 111 Mistress Banshee who uses magic and melee attacks along with a scream attack that knocks you down. Use the protect from magic prayer to block most of her damage and kill her. The rangers on the sides will start to range you when she yells 'Minions help me!'. Be careful and make sure to keep your health up high as you fight her. They will be destroyed by Sumona's sister when the Mistress Banshee dies.

Once she is dead you will be contacted by Catolax. He will tell you to return to Sumona to finish the quest. Go back to Pollnivneach and speak with Sumona to finish the quest.

Rewards:

transparentsmokingkillsgw3.png

Quick Walkthrough:

1. Talk to Sumona

2. If you don't have your Catspeak amulet equipped then equip it now and try to enter the well.

3. Go southeast of the Agility Pyramid to Catolax's Tomb.

4. Grab the pickaxe from the south wall.

5. Search the holey wall to the west.

6. Enter the room that just opened and kill all three rangers.

7. Go through to the north room and kill all five opponents. Pick up key dropped by mummy.

8. Unlock the door towards the center of the tomb and pull lever.

9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 for the east side but instead of skeleton rangers there will be skeleton mages.

10. With your Ghostspeak amulet equipped, go north of the entrance and speak with Catolax.

11. Make your own pair of Masked Earmuffs by using Facemask with a pair of Earmuffs.

12. Now head back to Pollnivneach and equip your pair of Masked Earmuffs and armor, go down the well.

13. Go north and attack the banshees until you get an item called Banshees Voice.

14. Go through the wavering mystic barrier and kill the Mistress Banshee.

15. Go back and talk with Sumona.

Edited by Jesman886

Items Needed:

EarMuffs

Dust Mask

Range Item (Bow or crossbow)

Range Ammo (Any kind of arrow or bolts)

Cat

CatSpeak Amulet

GhostSpeak Amuletk

Shouldn't that be a face mask or is a new item I never seen before? Edited by Roy

Items Needed:

EarMuffs

Dust Mask

Range Item (Bow or crossbow)

Range Ammo (Any kind of arrow or bolts)

Cat

CatSpeak Amulet

GhostSpeak Amuletk

Shouldn't that be a face mask or is a new item I never seen before?

Thanks yes :aware:

RAwr awsome guide :aware:

Edit:

Recommended Items:

Whip/Weapon

Desert Robes

Armor

Water Pouches

Super anti-poison

Prayer potions

Food

Super energy (Lots of running)

Shantay Passes Pl0x

Edited by Heretic

Just noticed your guide needs something on the top

[center][size=3]Smoking Kills[/size]
Written By Jesman886  
Special Thanks To: Roy, Heretic[/center]

And face mask is actually written in one word just checked it.

Just noticed your guide needs something on the top

[center][size=3]Smoking Kills[/size]
Written By Jesman886  
Special Thanks To: Roy, Heretic[/center]

And face mask is actually written in one word just checked it.

Thanks for the help, lol. I'm new to writing guides here :aware:

Also if you could read through the Dungeon guide and help sort that out it would rock. I wasn't sure how to type it.

Edited by Jesman886

If you have one, you should post a picture of the reward scroll. If you don't, you should at least list the rewards and someone else can post a picture.

Here is the complete scroll :aware:

[img=http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6272/transparentsmokingkillsgw3.png]

Edited by Heretic

Write in paragraphs rather than bullet points for the guide. If you want to use numbers, that's the point of the FQW.

Don't refer to 'I'.

2. Equip catspeak amulet after she tells you her sister is in the well.

Why not before?

11. Once she dies your done,

, you're

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2656/fullmapbt7.png

It may look nice, but is impossible to see what is what.

This guide also needs a Fast Quest Walkthrough before it is marked as complete. You don't want your guide declined, do you? Also, could you have made the icons on your maps along with the legend in the second map any harder to read? In your first map, change the order of the legend so it goes the same way the path goes (Magic carpet > path to tomb > path to tomb w/ crocs > tomb entrance). Doesn't make sense to start the legend with the last item on the path.

Dont say that ur finished if ur not. Take that off :aware:

I had done that before you posted but you might have been typing still! :wub:

If you have one, you should post a picture of the reward scroll. If you don't, you should at least list the rewards and someone else can post a picture.

Done thanks to Jeremy and Heretic.

Here is the complete scroll :)

This guide also needs a Fast Quest Walkthrough before it is marked as complete. You don't want your guide declined, do you? Also, could you have made the icons on your maps along with the legend in the second map any harder to read? In your first map, change the order of the legend so it goes the same way the path goes (Magic carpet > path to tomb > path to tomb w/ crocs > tomb entrance). Doesn't make sense to start the legend with the last item on the path.

Yep just caught that on the guildelines will be writing it. What is hard to read about the icons... But I do agree with the legend part and I will change.

8. Pray melee once you see banshees. Go to the (I forgot direction - if someone could fill in) and go all the way until you see a huge barrier (larger than the smaller barriers all over).

That would be North :aware:

Edited by iRocky

For those with 52 summon, they can use terrorbird :aware:

And desert robes, can use enchanted water tiara?

i think you need your cat out during this quest

Recommended Items: Weapon, desert robes, armor, water pouches, anti-poison potion, prayer potions, food, and super energy potion.

They are called waterskins not water pouches.

Yep just caught that on the guildelines will be writing it. What is hard to read about the icons... But I do agree with the legend part and I will change.

The icons are very small. You have to accommodate for other people and not just yourself. Right now, your maps are difficult for me to use because the icons are small and you shaded them.

7. Now head back to Pollnivneach (I used magic carpet in Sophanem) and equip your new masked earmuffs. Go down the well.

Oh, and you shouldn't use personal pronouns, you could do list of options though

ex. (you could use the magic carpet in Sophanem or Nardah, walk back, or teleport out and make your way back)

Skills: 25 Crafting, 35 Slayer, 85 Combat

Quests: The Restless Ghost, Icthlarin's Little Helper

:aware:

Edited by iRocky

What is hard to read about the icons... But I do agree with the legend part and I will change.

They're too small and look exactly the same.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2362/swampdz0.png

The Key [icons] isn't straight, sloping to one side with the third piece of text down being slightly to the side.

For those with 52 summon, they can use terrorbird :aware:

And desert robes, can use enchanted water tiara?

i think you need your cat out during this quest

Yeah cat has to be out :)

Recommended Items: Weapon, desert robes, armor, water pouches, anti-poison potion, prayer potions, food, and super energy potion.

They are called waterskins not water pouches.

Thanks I fixed it!

The icons are very small. You have to accommodate for other people and not just yourself. Right now, your maps are difficult for me to use because the icons are small and you shaded them.

Hmm, I understand. Any suggestions on a fix?

What is hard to read about the icons... But I do agree with the legend part and I will change.

They're too small and look exactly the same.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2362/swampdz0.png

The Key [icons] isn't straight, sloping to one side with the third piece of text down being slightly to the side.

Ok Thanks will fix

Ok, I updated the tomb map. How is it now?

Lmao just died...Let me say that the rangers are very dangerous :aware:

Keep your health up to....around.....50 or more

Very recomended...they can hit up to 20's

~Friky

Lmao just died...Let me say that the rangers are very dangerous :aware:

Keep your health up to....around.....50 or more

Very recomended...they can hit up to 20's

~Friky

Definately.

Quests Needed: The Restless Ghost, and Icthlarin's Little Helper

Link them tbh

[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/RestlessGhost.html"]The Restless Ghost[/url]
[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/LittleHelper.html"]Ichthlarin's Little Helper[/url]

Shantay passes aren't needed, you can use a Sceptre or house teleport to get into the desert. A steel pickaxe is stuck in the wall of the caves in Ullek and there's a shortcut via the agility pyramid, once you've placed the rope there at any time during, or after, Dealing with Scarabas, that saves walking all the way through the swamp.

Quests Needed: The Restless Ghost, and Icthlarin's Little Helper

Link them tbh

[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/RestlessGhost.html"]The Restless Ghost[/url]
[url="http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/LittleHelper.html"]Ichthlarin's Little Helper[/url]

Shantay passes aren't needed, you can use a Sceptre or house teleport to get into the desert. A steel pickaxe is stuck in the wall of the caves in Ullek and there's a shortcut via the agility pyramid, once you've placed the rope there at any time during, or after, Dealing with Scarabas, that saves walking all the way through the swamp.

Thank you

I have to go pay a few bills but will be back in 10 minutes.

Edited by Jesman886

Quick Walkthrough:

1. Go to the house next to the general store in Pollnivneach and speak with Sumona.

2. If you don't have your amulet of catspeak equipped, then equip it now.

3. Try to enter the well, but Ali the cat will stop you and tell you that you need to find a certain dead slayer master to make yourself 'a pair of masked earmuffs'.

4. Go southeast of the Agility Pyramid and enter the swamp.

5. Head through the swamp and make your way to the northwest side where there is a pillar blocking the stairs. Climb over that and head up the stairs. Head through the north passage and go into the first opening on the west wall.

6. You are now in Catolax's Tomb.

West Switch

• 1. Grab the pickaxe from southwest wall.
  • 2. Have your cat on the ground and search the hole to the west. He will go through and open the door.
  • 3. Enter that door and equip your ranged weapon. Kill off the rangers to the south and then destroy the door to the north.
  • 4. [This step can cause damage] Run through the traps and open the door to the north.
  • 5. In this room there are five monsters. Kill off all four monsters that show themselves and then fight the level 54 mummy that appears in the middle of the room.
  • 6. Grab the key that the mummy drops and unlock the door to the east.
  • 7. Pull the switch to turn off traps.
  • 8. Return to the entrance chamber and do the east side switch.

East Switch

• 1. Enter the east door and equip your ranged weapon. Kill off the mages to the south and then destroy the door to the north. Use protection against mage attacks if necessary.
  • 2. [This step can cause damage] Run through the traps and open the door to the north.
  • 5. In this room there are five monsters: two skeleton mages, two melee monsters, and one level 54 mummy. Kill off all four monsters that show themselves and then fight the mummy that appears in the middle of the room.
  • 6. Grab the key that the mummy drops and unlock the door to the east.
  • 7. Pull the switch to turn off traps.
  • 8. Return to the entrance chamber.

Once you have pulled both switches, you can go north from the entrance chamber and pass safely through all the traps. You should not be taking any damage from these traps! Once you reach Catolax make sure you are wearing your amulet of ghostspeak. Talk with him and learn how to make a pair of masked earmuffs, you need to use a facemask on a pair of earmuffs. Once you're finished speaking with him make your own pair of masked earmuffs.

7. Now head back to Pollnivneach and equip your pair of masked earmuffs, Go down the well.

8. Pray melee once you see the banshees. Go further north until you run into a large barrier blocking your way.

9. Kill the banshees until you get a 'banshees voice' item. You can now pass through the giant barrier.

10. Kill the banshee boss (level 111). She uses magic, melee, and screams to attack you. Towards the end the rangers help her. These rangers do high damage so keep your hit points higher than 60. Once she is dead the rangers will dissapear and a cut-scene will start.

11. Once she's dead, go back to the Sumona to finish the quest.

The things I changed are in bold.

Smoking Kills

Written By Jesman886

Special Thanks To: Roy, Heretic, Jeremy, iRocky, Jagneb, Friky

Where to start: Speak with Sumona in Pollnivneach.

Skills Needed:Level 25 Crafting, Level 35 Slayer and Level 85 Combat

Quests Needed: The Restless Ghost and Icthlarin's Little Helper

Items Needed: Earmuffs, facemask, range weapon & ammo, pickaxe*, cat, Amulet of catspeak, Amulet of ghostspeak and shanty pass.

* - items you can get during quest.

Recommended Skills: Be able to defeat 2 level 54 mummies, a level 111 banshee and have all the protection prayers.

Recommended Quests: Dealing with Scabaras (for the Enchanted water tiara)

Recommended Items: A weapon, desert robes, armor, waterskins (unless you have the tiara), an anti-poison potion, prayer potions, food, and super energy potions.

locationsq1.png

Talk to Sumona in Pollnivneach to begin the quest. She is located next to the general store in a small house. After talking with her make sure you have your amulet of catspeak equipped. Then go down the well and Ali the cat will stop and speak with you. He will tell you that you will need a pair of masked earmuffs to survive down there. He will also tell you that a dead slayer master may be able to help you create a pair of masked earmuffs and that he is buried east of the agility pyramid.

Swamp

swamp2ub7.png

Go to the swamp just southeast of the Agility Pyramid. Head through the swamp but be careful of the level 89 crocodiles. Use the melee protection prayer if you must and make your way to the northwest side of the swamp ,where there is a pillar blocking the stairs. Climb these pillars and head up the stairs.

You will now be on a large desert plateau. Head north until you see a door on the west wall and enter it. You are now in Catolox’s Tomb.

Catolax's Tomb

map2dd1.png

You will first want to grab the pickaxe located on the south wall. Then with your cat following you, search the hole on the west wall. Your cat will go through and the doorway will open for you. Enter that room and have your ranged weapon equipped. Use range protection prayer if you are taking damage and kill off all three skeleton rangers. Once they are killed, destroy the door to the north with the pickaxe.

Run north through all the traps and open the door. In this room there are five monsters. There will be two skeleton rangers, two melee monsters, and one level 54 mummy that comes out after the first four are dead. Once you kill the mummy he will drop a key that can be used to unlock the door to the east. Go through the east door and pull the switch to turn off the traps.

Return to the entrance chamber and go towards the east side of the tomb. You will not have to use your cat again because this side will be open already. Use magic protection prayer this time and kill off the three skeleton mages to the south. Walk through the traps to the north and open the door. There will be two skeleton mages, two melee monsters, and one level 54 mummy. Again the mummy only comes out after the first four are dead. Take the key it drops and use it on the door to the west. Pull the lever and head back to the entrance chamber.

Now head north from the entrance chamber and pass through all the traps. They should all be turned off and won't damage you. If they are causing you damage then you did not pull both switches.

Once past the traps you will see Catolax as a ghost. Make sure you have your amulet of ghostspeak equipped and speak with him. Catolax will tell you how to make a pair of masked earmuffs by using a facemask on a pair of earmuffs.

Once you have the masked earmuffs you can leave the tomb and return to Pollnivneach. Make sure you equip your pair of masked earmuffs before entering the well. You will not be in immediate danger when entering the well, head north out of the small chamber and use the melee protection prayer once you enter the larger chamber full of Mighty Banshees. Make sure you keep heading north until you run into a massive barrier blocking almost the entire north wall.

You can't enter the barrier yet, so kill the banshees until you obtain the banshees voice item. Once you have this item you may pass through the large barrier. Before entering the barrier make sure you have your armor and weapon equipped, and are ready for battle. Behind this barrier there is a level 111 Banshee boss who uses magic and melee attacks along with a scream attack that knocks you down. Use the protect from magic prayer to block most of her damage and kill her. The rangers on the sides will start to range you when she yells 'Minions help me!'. Be careful and make sure to keep your health up high as you fight her. They will dissapear when she dies.

Once she is dead you will be contacted by Catolax. He will tell you to return to Sumona to finished the quest. Go back to Pollnivneach and speak with Sumona to finish the quest.

Rewards:

I changed a few things, (bolded), you don't need a quest for the carpets.

Edited by Cell