Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Slim Pooky

Modding

hey i just have a few questions about gamecube modding.

yes gamecubes they are pretty cheap nowadays so i wont go home in tears if i completely destroy the motherboard :aware:

ok im new to this type of stuff and i just have a few questions.

1. Would it in anyway be possible to put in an extension to the gamecube or something so that it can connect to the internet?

2. If so would i be able to store information or downloade stuff onto one of those memory cards?

thanks also

im just wonderingfor my first gamecube desing what should i do with it?

Im thinking to buy a blue game cube and do the following.

1.Insert a fan into thing that opens up above the disk drive(forgot the name lol.)i can buy a fan with built in blue leds at radio shack pretty cheap.

2.But blue leds behind the controller plug-in so you dont have to search around when putting them in.

3. And i really wanna paint it like a shiny type black not just the plain black that you can buy thats dull but hmmm how to explain it... i know look at the plain white wii and compare it to a platinum gamecube the gc is a dull color. now imagine if the wii were black but still had its shine and now imagine the gamecube the same way :)

that pretty much it. anymore suggestions?

Well for paint, the non shiny stuff is call Matte(sp?) so on a spray paint bottle it would say 'Matte Black' for non-shiny. So just get some black spray paint. What would the internet be used for? Best bet is there is probably a USB thing that can have a gamecube memory card plug in. You're downloading saved files I assume?

In a quick "Gamecube Mod" google search I found this.

Edited by Fencefry

That would be a cool thing to do. But, how are you going to run the fan and LED's overloading the pmu (if there is one). From looking at youtube it can be done. To do your browser idea that would require programming and creating an extending chip with the circuitry for a DSL/LAN modem. So you would create an extension chip that would work with the plug in the bottom of the GC thats used by the GBA for GC. And to download stuff you would just use a memory card. The problem is getting the hardware and software to work.

Whats the programming language? :aware:

Honestly, Gamecube mods are pretty much dead now.

If you wouldn't care to blow some cash on a Gamecube, why not go for an Xbox instead? The mods are far superior.

Nothing quite like XBMC.

thanks guys and i was going to use the internet to play rs lolz wireless remote pwns na i got a wii i just got to get it to run java lol and also that youtube thing is what i had in mind and i already saw that vid.