Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blobman195

How To Make A Runescape Recession

ever gotten really mad at the runescape game and just hoped it would fall apart. there is a way to do that. all you have to do is sell and never buy. think about it, what would happen if you sell high priced items and never really bought anything. money would pile up in your bank account. of course its very hard to do this by yourself but if you try hard enough you can. just keep checkinh the price guides for what has a selling price and then sell it for a while till something else comes along all this time you need to save the money. make your own food and buy stuff from the general stores. once ppl have tons of money and dont spend it the only to get money will be to kill monsters. and sure they can make their own stuff and sell it to general stores but very little will get you rich without the grand exchange

I don't think this is possible because the maximum amount of money you can have in your bank is 2-ish billion. You can have a net worth greater than that, but that would include buying things from somewhere. Plus, if you just sold raw materials to get there, it would take years.

I'm not great at economics so I don't know if I follow you.

I don't believe enough people would do this to make it have an impact. Runescape has over 2 million players, remember. A single person hoarding funds would not halt the Grand Exchange and the flow of coins.

You are assuming that runescape can run out of Gold. Gold is made every second of every day. Killing monsters is one way, selling in the GE is another, selling to general stores can get money, though significantly less, low-high alchemy gives money too. There are tons of ways to make money, and even if a ton of people decided to keep all the money and never buy anything, there are still tons of players who will. Its impossible for one person to make an impact because that max amout of gold you can have, the 2billion (ish) that shooter said, thats not nearly even close to all of runescape's gold. There are TONS of people on runescape, more then you think. Its not just the same 800-1000 people on every average world, its alot of people logging out and new people logging on. I can almost gaurentee you that if you added up the amount of people logged in on peak time, you would have only around a little more then half of the total acounts on runescape (thats just a guess).

sorry to say my friend, there is no way to stop the grand exchange. Its here, and its here to stay. Boycott it all you want, and only sell without buying, but if you do, all it's doing is putting you at a disadvantage...

You go do that and tell me how it works out. :aware:

some people could do this for instance i know of a guy who has 9 crackers (out of the remaining 100 or so) and 89 party hats if he did this along with his multiple ags and money etc............ i think it would have a fairly large impact wouldn't you?

But if you want this to happen, you should never, ever buy. But, you'll be tempted to buy and ease out of hard work as the prices of certain items will be lower because of the increased supply. It would be hard to do.

some people could do this for instance i know of a guy who has 9 crackers (out of the remaining 100 or so) and 89 party hats if he did this along with his multiple ags and money etc............ i think it would have a fairly large impact wouldn't you?

if he sold those to general store when no1 was there and made them disapear it would really hurt the economy

of course thats almost exactly want RS2peasent did crashed the market.....alone!

~123yo222 (skillernuub)~

Sorry I don't know waht your talking about, can you explain how this guy did this?

The rs economy is huge. You'd need atleast 10% of it which is a number in the trillons to crash it.

im sorry but this is the most pointless post ever, why would any1 ever want to do this

this was more of a joke post i knew it was practically impossibe but if u were a dude with no life you could spend all day everyday you could earn the max money then abandon the account and then start a new account and max the money out on that one and make another new one

if he sold those to general store when no1 was there and made them disapear it would really hurt the economy

If he sold the christmas crackers and partyhats, nothing would happen, unless he commonly trades them. Atleast from my understanding.

When Cursed You was banned, nothing happened, even though he was worth a whole lot of money.

the Recession is here well kind of.

look at ur skills today (non combat ones) and tell me how much money can u make in lets say 2 or 3 hrs.

now think back lets say 6 month ago same skills probably lower lvls how much money were u making?

i know that lately the fastest way to make money for me is to kill monsters.

even rc with is the best money making skill (it still does make loads) isn't as profitable than it used to be.

edit: grammar

Edited by braindead397

Fishing Sharks is certainly more profitable than it was a while ago.