Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Volmorous Vs. Gavin Voting.

Theme: Sports  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Signature is better?

• Volmorous - [IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/16lzcrk.png[/IMG]
    • Gavin - [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/gaviniscool/foals.jpg[/IMG]

Theme: Sports

Vote for the winner, PLEASE POST A REASON WHY. It's not required, but it's helpful.

First one with 12 votes wins.

Edited by Volmorous

Gavin's is a little trippy for me, though I'm no art critic. Maybe if I were on acid I would like it more.

Gavin, your signature is too bright, and the lighting comes across as somewhat inconsistent, though I think the stock you used could be put to excellent use in any number of other styles.

Volmorous, your signature is has large margains - you've wasted pixels which do not contribute to or complement the flow your signature possesses. You do get my vote, however.

The battle is closer than it appears, well done to both of you.

Volomoros just smudged his render

Gavlin just added a c4d

text and lighting is bad on both

gavlin has more effects but they dont flow well but volomoros has no effects besides smudging

volomoros gets my vote but as noise said its pretty close becaus they arent that good but good job anywyas

Well it's over looking at the score, but anyway, here's my reasons.

Gavin GMV

Volmorus: Monotone, the render doesn't quite look in place, it's just a generic smudge signature, nothing new, seen it all before. Smudging is quite nice though.

Gavin: It's interesting, it makes me want to look some more. Colours aren't too bad either. Bit bright it some areas but in this case I think it adds to the over all effect. Text and border ruins it a bit, and it's a bit messy. Though it's different, it's new and exciting, that's why you get my vote.

Edited by Hellogoodbye

Alright. I guess I won then? 14-1. First one to 12 it was.

And by the way, just for some people who thought it was monotone - it's black and white, and it's a style for a sig. I started with a stock in black and white.

Edited by Volmorous

Alright. I guess I won then? 14-1. First one to 12 it was.

And by the way, just for some people who thought it was monotone - it's black and white, and it's a style for a sig. I started with a stock in black and white.

That's not black and white :aware:

It's the same dull colours throughout the sig.

Damn I lost like crazy. Ah well. Good job.

Gavlin just added a c4d

Well done on getting something completely wrong.

Edited by Gavin

Volomoros just smudged his render

Gavlin just added a c4d

text and lighting is bad on both

gavlin has more effects but they dont flow well but volomoros has no effects besides smudging

volomoros gets my vote but as noise said its pretty close becaus they arent that good but good job anywyas

Sorry, but I think it's quite funny how you flame. How do you know I did nothing but smudging. I did do more, whether you can see it or not is up to you, but your honestly getting on my nerves. You just flame flame flame, and honestly, I don't know where your coming from insulting my signatures when I personally dislike yours.

It was a stock, I did multiple smudging layers, attempted to render the signature, which I failed horribly at. Distorted the signature in places, added gradient maps, curves, pen tool, border, and text. But no, clearly, just smudging? Will you just shut up please, I like simplicity.

Hellogoodbye, I added a gradient map, it was originally b/w

Hello there. You cannot deny that most of your 'work' was smudging. Also, the monotone gradient maps aren't that appealing. The pen tool is alright, but Dex used more in his own signature, so don't critique him. The distortions around his arms are alright, but quite honestly, the signature's a bit dull for my liking. I voted for Gavin because of that.

And Gavin didn't add a c4d - he always makes his own stuff. Check out the tutorial section where he added a spiffy tutorial. :)

Edit: Volmorous, to make your signature better, add effects OVER the person. The pen tool is a start, but sharpen it, and add more spiffy stuff to it. Also, for the text, try applying the image to a layer and adding a mask to the text. (Sorry if that made no sense.) Also, add lighting OVER the person. When you add effects, lighting, etc. over the person, the signature tends to have more depth, which is very appealing, in my opinion.

Edit 2: Galvin, fix up the size a little and sharpen the skates, perhaps? Perhaps try adding a gradient map/color/range levels to some layers for a better color flow. Besides that, I really like it. :aware:

Edited by Arrogance

Vomorous - Great style, I love the way you worked with the render (And an awesome render at that).

Gavin - Pretty good, but it would look better if you made it a bit smaller, and the text goes horrible with the rest of the sig.