• I Just Love it!
    • It's a fairly good skill.
    • Mage is better then range...thats it.
  2. 2. Range

• WOOOOT RANGE ALL THE WAY!!!
    • I Just Love it!
    • It's a fairly good skill.
    • Range id better then mage...thats it.

I love magic, not a big fan of range, though I have gotten it to 61 for a variety of reasons.

Use radio buttons for polls in which you want someone to be able to choose only one answer per question.

it is kind of hard

if u put this into pure form range is probably better money wise

if you have tons of money get mage up

well both of them are realy good when you are high leveled.

but if you wanna save some cash,go with range

because when you are high leveld mage and wanna do ancients it costs a lot,and runes cant be used again after you use them,unlike arrows (sometimes)

dj :aware:

Mage I think is the best skill, or top 5 in the game

while range I just use to get d' hide armor because it is light

bu that is how I feel

i love range. range all the way

You can use magic for a lot of things. You can only use range for combat. I am about lvl 15 mage but I'm going to raise it. My ranged is level one.

Ok put it this way.

99 Ranger vs 99 Mager

99 Mager is using ice barrage-Ahrims-infinfinty boots-gloves, ancient staff-mage arena book thingy.

99 Ranger is using rune crossbow-diamond bolts-karils-glory-ranger set-range cape

Ranger wins.

1]Diamond bolts can hit much higher than barrage (and there not even the highest hitting bolts)

2]Mage will constantly splash on his hide

3]range will hit well on the mages robes

There both different skills and trying to compare them to which is better is basically impossible, magic is used daily for teleporting, alchemy, enchanting, and great for combat especially in the old deep wildnerness or in bh, though range is a now very powerful combat skill which can dominate melee and magic when used right.

Ok put it this way.

99 Ranger vs 99 Mager

99 Mager is using ice barrage-Ahrims-infinfinty boots-gloves, ancient staff-mage arena book thingy.

99 Ranger is using rune crossbow-diamond bolts-karils-glory-ranger set-range cape

Ranger wins.

1]Diamond bolts can hit much higher than barrage (and there not even the highest hitting bolts)

There both different skills and trying to compare them to which is better is basically impossible, magic is used daily for teleporting, alchemy, enchanting, and great for combat especially in the old deep wildnerness or in bh, though range is a now very powerful combat skill which can dominate melee and magic when used right.

That's just because of the combat triangle. Mage beats melee, range beats mage, and melee beats range.

Range is better for 1v1

But mage is better for wars because barraging can hit more then one

Ok put it this way.

99 Ranger vs 99 Mager

Ranger wins.

That's just because of the combat triangle. Mage beats melee, range beats mage, and melee beats range.

And no a bad ranger would lose to a good mager.

And yeh thus proving in combat range is superiour to mage in most places?

Range since it doesn't cost nearly as much as magic. :aware:

Mage is incredibly stronger. Lets take a level 30 mage and a level 30 range with their best equip for their level. mage would win in a long shot.

Lets face it mage is a way more useful skill. it satisfies the you cant be a monster with CB so lets get in a safe spot and kill it. also you can teleport and high alch which is a killer way to make money. also you can do so much more with god spells, regular spells and ancient. so much more powerful, so much more damage.

PS there is no choice for range sucks on the poll.

Range since it doesn't cost nearly as much as magic. :aware:

If you actually are a hardcore range trainer, you probably use chinchompas. And From 85 to 99 range is about 55-60m so you cant really say that.

Mage is incredibly stronger. Lets take a level 30 mage and a level 30 range with their best equip for their level. mage would win in a long shot.

Indeed, mage is stronger at the beginning of its levels but as soon as you get past a certain lvl range starts to take over. The strongest attack in the game for magic is Ice Barrage (lvl 94) Max hit of 30. Freezes your target from moving, when ranging you dont need to move, you have good mage def bonus due to armor. Bolts and Dark Bows or Even Rune arrows hit hard, fast and consistent through rune, let alone mystic. So therefore mage doesnt really win

As a freeplayer, I find magic easier to level, as I can make my own runes, but I must kill Minotaurs to get arrows. Getting arrows back to save money and/or time killing Minotaurs is also a pain in the arse, while I can just crank out more runes when I run out.

Range > Mage.

I only use mage for teleporting, enchanting and alching. Except for when I was in the lower levels, I never use Mage for combat.