Sign in to follow this  
Magic of Woodcut

Do You Have A Tattoo

Tattoos  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have One?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do You Think They Give A Bad Example?

• Yes
    • No

I don't have any tatoos. But I don't think that they set a bad example or whatever. This girl in my school has one on her foot and the school freaked out because one morning BEFORE SCHOOL HOURS she had her shoes off. I think that it's only a bad example if the tatoo is of something that could be considered rude. If it's just like a flower or whatever, I see no problem with it.

Tattoos are a form of body art. Me honestly, I don't have a tattoo. Nor do I have a problem with them. I just don't see the point in a tattoo, tbh. If you want to express yourself with art, why not make a design on apparel? Why must you perform art on your own body to express yourself?

I have 3 tattoos (small) on my back. Everyone tells me I look too straitlaced to have tats and act real surprised if they see me in a bathing suit or I if tell them. They say I don't look like the type to do that. I personally really don't think there is a type. I have seen a lot of people with ink.

I think there should be a "depends" option on the second question. I really think the type of tattoo can send a positive or negative image as well as how much of your body is covered. If I see someone with huge tats of marijuana leaves on his belly (I dove with a guy who did, it looked terrible) I see something negative. I see a beautiful, well done design or picture (like mine) I see it as more positive.

Mendhi (Henna) is a perfect way to have a temporary look with out committing, or to try out a look before you decide to get it for real. Tats are forever (unless you pay big $$ to remove them). I love doing freehand Mendhi designs on my arms and feet.

-Rayn

As to whether you should use your body as a canvas for art, I can't answer that on. Some people are so morally against it they feel you won't get into heaven if you have tats. Others, have gotten tats as part of their religious or cultural beliefs. So, it goes both ways.

Edited by Sea Rayn

No I don't have one, but I have no problem with anyone who expresses themselves through body art.

:aware:

Reflections, you wayyy overuse the :aware: smiley :).

ON TOPIC: No I don't have a tattoo. I don't see anything wrong with them, however, and I plan on getting a New York Mets symbol tattooed on my leg someday. :)

I have no tattoo's and don't like the idea of ink being added to my body. However i have promised myself if i ever have a kid, that i would get a tattoo of the childs name.

Edited by Unknown

I have a Bass Clef tattooed on my right shoulder. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still like it. I've been thinking about getting another one but I'm not sure what to get. It has to be something that will always be with me, and not a symbol or image that I will hate or regret later.

I have a Bass Clef tattooed on my right shoulder. Seemed like a good idea at the time, and I still like it. I've been thinking about getting another one but I'm not sure what to get. It has to be something that will always be with me, and not a symbol or image that I will hate or regret later.

A Treble Clef on your left shoulder! But why do you have a tattoo, anyway? Aren't you Jewish? The Torah is against tattoos.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

I do not have any tattoos, nor do I want one.

I want to get "Farfalla" (the italian word for butterfly) tattooed on my arm because it has a strong meaning for me. :aware:

I have one and I'm getting another in 2 weeks.

I have 3 in total that I plan to get (including the one I have and the one I'm getting in 2 weeks).

A Treble Clef on your left shoulder! But why do you have a tattoo, anyway? Aren't you Jewish? The Torah is against tattoos.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

I do not have any tattoos, nor do I want one.

Leviticus is a load of crap.

I do not know if you are religious, but Jack has stated that he is Jewish. Jews are supposed to obey to the best of their ability the law written in the Torah, or Pentateuch. Leviticus it the third of the five books of Torah. I would therefore assume that Jack is a follower of this law and all 612 other Torah laws unless he is a Reform Jew, in which he may have adjusted his following of the Torah in adaptation to modern times and may have eliminated laws his rabbi has deemed unnecessary in this day and age.

No, and no.

Some can be offensive just like any other form of art, but there's nothing bad about tattoos in general. I just don't really want one.