Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LocalTiger

End Of The Human Race?

Humans control the outcome of this little planet that we call "Earth". But at its last hour will humans be the end of it or the savior of it? If a astroid comes will we reflect it or will we let it hit and hope that our planet surives. Will a nucular war end it all or will we all die from Global Warming by then?

What do you believe the outcome of our Planet will be?

thread was edited out from "Humans=End of the world?" due to this is about the end of human race (thanks RememberST21 :aware:)

Edited by Kimm-eh

Well, because I'm Christian, I believe that the world won't end until Revelations plays itself out and Jesus returns. If I wasn't a Christian, I'd probably say that it would be some natural ocurrence that would end human existence because, no matter how screwed up the world is, I think that there'll always be a strong enough force to contain any problems that we have, like terrorism.

But a nuclear war seems very unlikely. I don't even think we have enough atomic weponry to destroy the planet, never mind any of the countries that would try such a thing. Imagine how much land you'd have to destroy to kill everyone. And even if they were able, who would want to end the human race? ...okay, maybe PETA, but if they kill off all human life it'll probably be through law suits and hypnosis rather than warfare.

There's many solutions of Apocalypse, but again, most are interpretable and can't be expected to come.

I myself, believe in religious ending, global warming, and military-related events that can cause the end of the world, not necessarily humans themselves.

I dont think a nuclear war is very unlikely. All it takes is one country to nuke another, and we will all be sending nukes.

But what do you mean by "End of the World"?

Do you mean end of the human race, or end of the planet earth? If its the end of the planet earth, my guess is that it will be when our sun dies out. If you mean the end of the human race, im thinking something natural, or a nuclear war, even though a nuclear war wont kill everyone, it can really screw things up.

I may sound quite weird to some of you guys, but this is my theory.

There will be a new species on the rise in the future, just like how man rose after the dinosaurs were wiped out due to an asteroid. The chances that an asteroid will be coming back to Earth are questionable, but I believe that we are way overdue. At this time, some of us predict that an ice age may come sooner or later, and with the climate crisis that is going on now environmentalists are trying to convince world governments from harming the world and nature. The "new species" will need humans out of the way before they can rule, just like we needed dinosaurs out of the way before we were the top of the food chain.

A new species, one from evolution or one from outerspace?

It would take a pretty big astroid to wipe out the human race.

Also, define Dinosaur. Really, some are still alive, like an aligator, isn't that pretty much the same as when the dinosuars were around?

A new species, one from evolution or one from outerspace?

It would take a pretty big astroid to wipe out the human race.

Also, define Dinosaur. Really, some are still alive, like an aligator, isn't that pretty much the same as when the dinosuars were around?

Would an alligator be considered a dinosaur? :) But I would consider a dinosaur such as a T-Rex, or the bit. Because with a T-Rex in our way, we probably would have never made it to top of the food chain. As for the new species, I believe evolution. Still, I can't find anything that has a "chance" of becoming what humans are today, and we still haven't found satisfactory proof to all that there are species from outer space. As for the asteroid, it could be a rain of asteroids. :aware:

There will be a new species on the rise in the future, just like how man rose after the dinosaurs were wiped out due to an asteroid. The chances that an asteroid will be coming back to Earth are questionable, but I believe that we are way overdue. At this time, some of us predict that an ice age may come sooner or later, and with the climate crisis that is going on now environmentalists are trying to convince world governments from harming the world and nature. The "new species" will need humans out of the way before they can rule, just like we needed dinosaurs out of the way before we were the top of the food chain.

What the hell are you smoking...?

Dinosaurs lasted how many hundreds of millions of years? Humans aren't even at thier first.

We humans behave strangely towards the faith of our little planet. Religous people believe that the faith of the Earth will be a natural cause, whilst those who do not have a religion have agreed that one of the cause could be global warming. One that many people have not thought of would not be an end to the actual planet but to the humankind as a community, food prices have highered, battles have begun in Iraq, political corruption, collaborationist goverments, even school teachings have lowered so will the intelligence of us, children.

But a nuclear war seems very unlikely. I don't even think we have enough atomic weponry to destroy the planet, never mind any of the countries that would try such a thing.

The United States has enough nukes to blow up the earth 10 times. there are 21 countries that have nukes stored away. and guess what? we have 10 THOUSAND more than all of them combined.

And just think of another WW2 thing when we dropped 2 bombs. if WW3 does break out i belive it will be a nucular war.

But a nuclear war seems very unlikely. I don't even think we have enough atomic weponry to destroy the planet, never mind any of the countries that would try such a thing.

The United States has enough nukes to blow up the earth 10 times. there are 21 countries that have nukes stored away. and guess what? we have 10 THOUSAND more than all of them combined.

And just think of another WW2 thing when we dropped 2 bombs. if WW3 does break out i belive it will be a nucular war.

Yes, but none of these countries would blow up the planet, right? Unless Bush is right about the WMDs...

Edited by plexar

A virus, we have stopped natural selection, 50 years oil runs out. Our transport is gone so that could slow it down. But a virus will end the human race, (my biogloy teacher says so :aware:). I suppose the upcomnig world war 3 could.

WWIII, China and India are developing too fast for the world to supply, when the food crisis reaches bare minmum we will ahve a west v east war, sadly there are enough nukes to destroy the world 10 times over...

Yes, but none of these countries would blow up the planet, right? Unless Bush is right about the WMDs...

Yes, we know that Bush wouldn't drop a bunch of nukes. but what about Mcain or Obama? They both want to end the current war as fast as possible. Dropping a nuke would end it. and i might start a chain nucular war wouldnt it?

Yes, we know that Bush wouldn't drop a bunch of nukes. but what about Mcain or Obama? They both want to end the current war as fast as possible. Dropping a nuke would end it. and i might start a chain nucular war wouldnt it?

They want to end it because people are dying, I don't see how utterly ripping apart thousands of lives helps that..

Being catholic, I really don't know when it will all end. I just know that the Revelations prophecy is wat will come. Jesus clearly told us the the end will come when u least expect it. But if I had to choose a end for humanity from the scientific perspective then collision with space debris like meteors and asteroids are ur best bet on death to humanity. Still, human are smart people. Im positive that we can clear any disaster with our intelligence and resilience. :aware:

Could you pick a less recycled topic next time :) it will end...i don't want to try and figure out why. We don't deserve this planet anyway :aware:

We decide our own fate, i think and the way the human race goes is dependent on the individuals as well as the majority.

Edited by Unknown

this is uber simalar to my topic. but still i think that we will move planets if we have to. but if we cant then i think metoers or global warming will take care of the job.

Take something like an asteroid, polar shift, or supervolcano, and you can wipe out the majority (and possibly all) of humanity.

The world however, won't be destroyed unless it collides with a LARGE celestial object.

I believe a natural phenomena will wipe out most of humanity. (If that's the question) It may be in response to human actions though...

2012 apocalypse. Mayans predicted this. Basically we're all gonna die then (well, presumably) or if that doesn't happen, global warming will wipe us out, simple.

Humanity has a chance to die out, but the chance is being rapidly wasted by space research. After we are able to build colonies in outer space which can sustain themeselves, it would be really hard for humaniyty to end, unless "religious reasons" occur or there would be a huge inter-planetary war. Let's say a plague of rapidly modyfingmortal viruses wipes out earth after the Moon will have a sustainable colony, the humens on the moon would ony wait for the viruses to die out before colonizing the Earth again.

Of course , heat death of te universe will someday wipe usall out, so we are all doomed :aware:

2012 apocalypse. Mayans predicted this. Basically we're all gonna die then (well, presumably) or if that doesn't happen, global warming will wipe us out, simple.

yeah, there have been alot of contraverys on the 2012 thing. But then again it could be another Y2K scare?