Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blu

Yahoo Vs. Google

Google>Yahoo Search any day. I only use Yahoo for News and Mail.

All of these people are saying they use Yahoo! for mail. Why? Gmail is much better that Yahoo! Mail if you ask me.

I use Google, mainly because I like the simplicity of it. Yahoo's frontpage looks like some website with all the news and stuff, while Google is so obviously about the search (blank page with a text box and a "Search" button :aware:). Not literally, but you get the picture.

~Tis Helk

EDIT:

All of these people are saying they use Yahoo! for mail. Why? Gmail is much better that Yahoo! Mail if you ask me.

To be honest, I use Gmail as a junk account because it's so simple, but my personal e-mail is Windows Live. Much more professional and organized.

Edited by Tis Helk

Google is definitely better. I use it for all my searching and I also have my Gmail. Keeps it all in one spot (although I never use the web version of Gmail, I always use my desktop client).

~Bcloutier~

Yep, I would have to go with Google. Google is much easier to use, and I believe that when you search stuff everything is layed out a lot nicer, where as in Yahoo! it is like: @!#[email protected][email protected]^%#!#%@^#(*!&@^$#*@^$$^@*$^#[email protected]*&$^#*$#@&$#@(*$&

~Plasma Heat7

Yahooooo

Google for searching. Yahoo for email.

Yahooooo

Google for searching. Yahoo for email.

Ever heard of Gmail?

I use both Yahoo! Mail and Gmail.

Yahoo mail I find much better.

But for pretty much everything else Google.

Edited by Da Scotsman

Yahoo is simply way too cluttered a page for my liking yet it has some exceptional features such as Flickr and the music stuff.

I have never actually used the search function and for this I use google.

There is no shame in that, yahoo is simply a many tools in one application whereas google is purely a search engine :aware:

I don't think I've EVER used Yahoo!, except maybe the odd time when my teacher at school thinks it's better than Google. :aware:

I hate teachers when I comes to computers. There was a computer in this one room that we, the students, would use in our free time and if the teacher saw something that she didn't recognize she would have a spaz attack.