Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iPodMyPants

Making Money With Tokkul.

Money Making With Tokkul

Written by: iHog.

Special Thanks To: 1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee, Packman9898, Kemosabe.

Introduction.

If you are searching for a guide that requires no skills? You want a moneymaking way that will get you dirty rich? Then, you found it! Look below, if you want to find out how...

What is tokkul?

Tokkul is the currency to a city called Tz-Haar. Each tokkul is roughly equivalent to 15-17 gp each. Tokkul is untradable. It is obtained by the local Tzhaar monsters roaming around the city, or selling items in one of the 3 shops, ore/gem shop, armour/weapon shop, and rune shop. The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whopping 300,000 tokkul.

How to start?

Well, to start off, you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically. They are obtained by completing the easy tasks of the Karamja achievement diary. Once you have the gloves, it will reduce the price you are buying the onyx for and increase the amount of tokkul you get for selling items to the shops. These tables will show how the Karamja gloves 1 affect the price.

Buying.

Item picture - Item name - Price with gloves - Price without gloves

gem_onyx.gif - Uncut onyx - 258,000 tokkul - 300,000 tokkul

Selling

Item picture - Item name - Price with gloves ( Lowest / Highest* ) - Price without gloves ( Lowest / Highest* )

fire_rune.gif - Fire rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

water_rune.gif - Water rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

earth_rune.gif - Earth rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

air_rune.gif - Air rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

mind_rune.gif - Mind rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

body_rune.gif - Body rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul

chaos_rune.gif - Chaos rune - 9 / 9 tokkul - 9 / 9 tokkul

death_rune.gif - Death rune - 18 / 18 tokkul - 18 / 18 tokkul

* = You will receive the highest amount of tokkul, if in players stock there were 0 type of the item, lowest - when there are a lot of them already ( ~20 or more ). Doesn't affect death and chaos runes.

What to buy?

The only way to profit off of the coveted uncut onyx, is to buy runes, and LOTS of them. In order to obtain 258,000 tokkul, you must buy quite a lot of runes. So stop by the local grand exchange in Varrock, and purchase 86,000 fire runes, 86,000 body runes, and 86,000 mind runes, which will cost 2,494,000. If you have even more money, you can also purchase chaos runes. They are a little bit more expensive, but you can sell them and make a smaller profit, but still make a profit. You need to buy 28,667 chaos runes to equal 258,000 tokkul. That should cost you somewhere between 2,600,000-2,800,000, depending on prices. That equals to exactly 258,000 tokkul. You might be thinking, oh, that will be very fast. But, there is a limit on buying runes. You can only buy 25,000 of each rune every 4 hours. It will take 16 hours to buy all the runes. So, that is a long time, right? Wrong! Buy them right before you go to sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

Patience is the game.

Tokkul.png

Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tz-haar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away until you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx!

080730141451eh9.png

080730134918sn4.png

Money is sweet.

gem_onyx.gif

So you have your uncut onyx, how are you going to sell a gem worth 2,951,153 gp? Easily! You can either cut it, and make it into a fury for yourself, or sell it uncut. If you put the onyx in the G.E, uncut, it should sell instantly at market price. You will barely have to wait on your onyx to sell. Tip: Do not cut the onyx, and try to sell it cut. It will NOT sell. When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx. Pretty good profit for a process taking about 2 hours to sell all 258,000 runes.

In conclusion.

So, overall, this is the lazy way to make money. This is the way that requires NO skill at all, just patience, which at sometimes, can be a skill on its own. You will make a fast and easy profit, with some sore fingers.

Edited by iPodMyPants

Nice guide. Good so far :aware:, but I think you must add this to the top.

Guide Name
Written By <Your Name>
Original Guide By <Original Writer's Name*>
Special Thanks To <List of People Who Helped>

Edited by 1robin20

I have no clue what to do with that, Lmao

Do i just copy/paste and fill in the blank?

I have no clue what to do with that, Lmao

Do i just copy/paste and fill in the blank?

Yes, it should be like this.

Guide Name: Making money with Tokkul.

Written By iHog

Special Thanks To ...

Edited by 1robin20

Does that look good? Lol, all the people that were in Scope Gunner's thread is now here. :aware:

Well i think we don't need all people there, and you need your sal's name i think, not runescape one.

And why my name isn't there :aware:

Edited by 1robin20

i noticed this: "I have parley had to wait on my onyx to sell." other than that, TY!

You should also try not using ''I'' in a guide...

Special Thanks Too all who contributed to the Karamja Achievement Diary Guide.

Huh you took something from that guide?It should have names of people who helped you writing ths guide...

Edited by 1robin20

An expert at this said that the more people use and know about this method, it may ruin the chance of you profiting.

And I don't think you need the side affects thing in there. If you still want it, it'd be a good idea to put it where it would fit. Something along the lines of "This is a very easy and quick way to make a profit and the only side affect is sore fingers!"

Edited by Twist of Fate

You should also try not using ''I'' in a guide...

Special Thanks Too all who contributed to the Karamja Achievement Diary Guide.

Huh you took something from that guide?It should have names of people who helped you writing ths guide...

I was the only person who wrote this guide, it was off my knowledge.

And to taker, thats what I was fearing. The anger just ate me alive, i had to get it out. I really didn't want to reveal the method, but I had to. I feel a lot better about it now.

No, there is no sell X amount, you sell 50 each.

Edited by iHog

Is there not a Sell X option?

No there isn't.

Well it would be good if there were some pictures...

Oh, forgot all about the pictures. Since i sold all my runes today, I will take pictures tomorrow. What would you have in mind? I picture of my inventory with all the runes? There really is nothing to this.

The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whooping 300,000 tokkul.

It should be whopping, not like whooping cough.

What's with the green side?

Wrong! Buy them when you right before you sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

That sentence doesn't sound right. It should be:

Buy them right before you sleep.

Good luck with the guide, I hope it gets accepted :aware: Edited by Sofee

The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whooping 300,000 tokkul.

Green = Cash?

Maybe it should be gold?

No there isn't.

Oh, forgot all about the pictures. Since i sold all my runes today, I will take pictures tomorrow. What would you have in mind? I picture of my inventory with all the runes? There really is nothing to this.

Well maybe like these: G.E. offer(s) of buying runes, the place where you sell runes,where you buy onyx, an image of onyx something like that.

An expert at this said that the more people use and know about this method, it may ruin the chance of you profiting.

And I don't think you need the side affects thing in there. If you still want it, it'd be a good idea to put it where it would fit. Something along the lines of "This is a very easy and quick way to make a profit and the only side affect is sore fingers!"

that is true, but i have more than 1 way to earn cash :aware:

No there isn't.

Well maybe like these: G.E. offer(s) of buying runes, the place where you sell runes,where you buy onyx, an image of onyx something like that.

Ok, I'll do that tomorrow morning. I think I will sleep on it right now, as I am fighting to keep my eyes open.

Keep all that constructive criticism coming.

I still don't like the ''Special Thanks Too all who contributed to the Karamja Achievement Diary Guide.'' It's not like all of those people hepled you with writing this guide...Having a link to that guide is enough.

Edited by 1robin20

Green = Cash?

Maybe it should be gold?

I would delete 'The Green Side' if I were you.

In some sentances Tz-haar doesn't start with capital letter.

Edit: if you want I can get you some pics in Tz-haar and maybe make a small map.

Edit 2:Some pics:

080730141451eh9.png

080730134918sn4.png

[img=http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9482/080730141451eh9.png]
[img=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6945/080730134918sn4.png]

Also these, please someone make them transperent :ph34r:.

080730135101xi9.png

[IMG=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3381/080730135101xi9.png]

Edit 3: Should be like this:

Money Making With Tokkul

Special Thanks To: 1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee.

[center][size=3][u][b]Money Making With Tokkul[/b][/u][/size]

[size=2][b]Written by: [/b][i]iHog[/i].[/size]
[size=2][b]Special Thanks To:[/b] [i]1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee[/i]. [/size][/center]

Note:I fail to understand how people, who contributed to Karamja achievment diary helped you with this guide. :wizard:

Edit 4: What sounds better ''Money making with'' or 'Making money with''?

Edit 5: Spellchecking my post. :o :o

Edit 6: Spellchecking your post... ;)

...Ore/gem shop, Armour/Weapon shop, and Rune shop.

Why did you use capital letters here? Shoudn't it be ore/gem, etc.?

Well, to start off, you MUST, i repeat, MUST get the karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically.

I not i (but you shouldn't use I anyway so just get rid of I repeat...)^_^ , also it should be Karamja not karamja...

Other mistakes are that you wrote the towns names wrong (without the capital letter, like Varrock,Brimhaven, ect.).

~~1robin20

Edited by 1robin20

Also i think you should add these...

Uh I hope i got everything right... :ph34r:

Edit: I've redone the guide look in spoler ( spellcheck, the anchor, also added 2 of my pics)Duh I thought it would be bigger - you need to add more info to it... :wizard:

Coded version.

[center][size=3][u][b]Money Making With Tokkul[/b][/u][/size]

[size=2][b]Written by: [/b][i]iHog[/i].[/size]
[size=2][b]Special Thanks To:[/b] [i]1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee[/i]. [/size][/center]
[hr]
[p][size=3][b]Contents[/b][/size]

[list]
[*][anchor=Introduction]Introduction - What is Tokkul?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Start]How to start?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Buying]What to buy?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Selling]Patience is the game.[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Profit]Money is sweet.[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Conclusion] In conclusion.[/anchor]
[/list][/p]
[hr]
[Name=Introduction][b]Introduction - What is tokkul?[/b][/name]
  Tokkul is the currency to a city called Tz-Haar. Each tokkul is roughly equivalent to 15-17 gp each. Tokkul is untradable. It is obtained by the local Tzhaar monsters roaming around the city, or selling items in one of the 3 shops, ore/gem shop, armour/weapon shop, and rune shop. The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whopping 300,000 tokkul.

[Name=Start][b]How to start?[/b][/name]
  Well, to start off, you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically. They are obtained by completing the easy tasks of the Karamja achievement diary. Once you have the gloves, it will knock off 42,000 tokkul off of the uncut onyx, making it 258,000 tokkul.

[Name=Buying][b]What to buy?[/b][/name]
  The only way to profit off of the coveted uncut onyx, is to buy runes, and LOTS of them. In order to obtain 258,000 tokkul, you must buy quite a lot of runes. So stop by the local grand exchange in Varrock, and purchase 86,000 fire runes, 86,000 body runes, and 86,000 mind runes, which will cost 2,494,000. If you have even more money, you can also purchase chaos runes. They are a little bit more expensive, but you can sell them and make a smaller profit, but still make a profit. You need to buy 28,667 chaos runes to equal 258,000 tokkul. That should cost you somewhere between 2,600,000-2,800,000, depending on prices. That equals to exactly 258,000 tokkul. You might be thinking, oh, that will be very fast. But, there is a limit on buying runes. You can only buy 25,000 of each rune every 4 hours. It will take 16 hours to buy all the runes. So, that is a long time, right? Wrong! Buy them when you right before you sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

[Name=Selling][b]Patience is the game.[/b][/name]
  Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tzhaar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away till you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx! 
[img=http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9482/080730141451eh9.png]
[img=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6945/080730134918sn4.png]

[Name=Profit][b]Money is sweet.[/b][/name]				  
  So you have your uncut onyx, how are you going to sell a gem worth 2,951,153 gp? Easily! You can either cut it, and make it into a fury for yourself, or sell it uncut. If you put the onyx in the G.E, uncut, it should sell instantly at market price. You will barely have to wait on my onyx to sell. Tip: Do not cut the onyx, and try to sell it cut. It will NOT sell. When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx. Pretty good profit for a process taking about 2 hours to sell all 258,000 runes.

[Name=Conclusion][b]In conclusion.[/b][/name]
  So, overall, this is the lazy way to make money. This is the way that requires NO skill at all, just patience, which at sometimes, can be a skill on its own. You will make a fast and easy profit, with some sore fingers.

Uncoded version.

Money Making With Tokkul

Special Thanks To: 1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee.

Introduction - What is tokkul?

How to start?

Well, to start off, you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically. They are obtained by completing the easy tasks of the Karamja achievement diary. Once you have the gloves, it will knock off 42,000 tokkul off of the uncut onyx, making it 258,000 tokkul.

What to buy?

The only way to profit off of the coveted uncut onyx, is to buy runes, and LOTS of them. In order to obtain 258,000 tokkul, you must buy quite a lot of runes. So stop by the local grand exchange in Varrock, and purchase 86,000 fire runes, 86,000 body runes, and 86,000 mind runes, which will cost 2,494,000. If you have even more money, you can also purchase chaos runes. They are a little bit more expensive, but you can sell them and make a smaller profit, but still make a profit. You need to buy 28,667 chaos runes to equal 258,000 tokkul. That should cost you somewhere between 2,600,000-2,800,000, depending on prices. That equals to exactly 258,000 tokkul. You might be thinking, oh, that will be very fast. But, there is a limit on buying runes. You can only buy 25,000 of each rune every 4 hours. It will take 16 hours to buy all the runes. So, that is a long time, right? Wrong! Buy them when you right before you sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

Patience is the game.

Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tzhaar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away till you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx!

080730141451eh9.png

080730134918sn4.png

Money is sweet.

So you have your uncut onyx, how are you going to sell a gem worth 2,951,153 gp? Easily! You can either cut it, and make it into a fury for yourself, or sell it uncut. If you put the onyx in the G.E, uncut, it should sell instantly at market price. You will barely have to wait on my onyx to sell. Tip: Do not cut the onyx, and try to sell it cut. It will NOT sell. When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx. Pretty good profit for a process taking about 2 hours to sell all 258,000 runes.

In conclusion.

Edit 2: I think you can say something like : ''If you are searching a method to make a lot of money, which require no skill at all look here'', before the Contents box.Here are some more ideas : add that you can sell obby capes that you buy from G.E to tzhaar shop ; maybe i didn't notice that you said that but all i saw was that you said ''... you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically.'' You should add that when you sell with these gloves you get more tokkul. There are more you could add (especially some more pics):o.

~~1robin20

Edited by 1robin20

in the paragraph before the conclusion, the second to last line, onyx should be runes. Both times.