Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iPodMyPants

Making Money With Tokkul.

I noticed: "Buy them when you right before you sleep."

and how do you make 1.2mil if you spend 2,494,000 and get 2,951,153

Money Making With Tokkul

Written by: iHog.

Special Thanks To: 1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee.

Introduction - What is tokkul?

Tokkul is the currency to a city called Tz-Haar. Each tokkul is roughly equivalent to 15-17 gp each. Tokkul is untradable. It is obtained by the local Tzhaar monsters roaming around the city, or selling items in one of the 3 shops, ore/gem shop, armour/weapon shop, and rune shop. The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whopping 300,000 tokkul.

How to start?

Well, to start off, you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically. They are obtained by completing the easy tasks of the Karamja achievement diary. Once you have the gloves, it will knock off 42,000 tokkul off of the uncut onyx, making it 258,000 tokkul.

What to buy?

The only way to profit off of the coveted uncut onyx, is to buy runes, and LOTS of them. In order to obtain 258,000 tokkul, you must buy quite a lot of runes. So stop by the local grand exchange in Varrock, and purchase 86,000 fire runes, 86,000 body runes, and 86,000 mind runes, which will cost 2,494,000. If you have even more money, you can also purchase chaos runes. They are a little bit more expensive, but you can sell them and make a smaller profit, but still make a profit. You need to buy 28,667 chaos runes to equal 258,000 tokkul. That should cost you somewhere between 2,600,000-2,800,000, depending on prices. That equals to exactly 258,000 tokkul. You might be thinking, oh, that will be very fast. But, there is a limit on buying runes. You can only buy 25,000 of each rune every 4 hours. It will take 16 hours to buy all the runes. So, that is a long time, right? Wrong! Buy them when you right before you sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

Patience is the game.Tokkul.png

Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tzhaar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away till you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx!

080730141451eh9.png

080730134918sn4.png

Money is sweet. Onxy.png

So you have your uncut onyx, how are you going to sell a gem worth 2,951,153 gp? Easily! You can either cut it, and make it into a fury for yourself, or sell it uncut. If you put the onyx in the G.E, uncut, it should sell instantly at market price. You will barely have to wait on my onyx to sell. Tip: Do not cut the onyx, and try to sell it cut. It will NOT sell. When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx. Pretty good profit for a process taking about 2 hours to sell all 258,000 runes.

In conclusion.

So, overall, this is the lazy way to make money. This is the way that requires NO skill at all, just patience, which at sometimes, can be a skill on its own. You will make a fast and easy profit, with some sore fingers.

Awesome guide so far, but remember to make your pictures transparent, not the pictures of places, the pictures of items and armour and stuff like that reply or message me for more help

~Beserk Warrior

I noticed: "Buy them when you right before you sleep."

and how do you make 1.2mil if you spend 2,494,000 and get 2,951,153

You buy more than 1 onyx worth of runes. I always buy 86,001 chaos, and 86,000 fire, body, and mind runes.

What was the use of giving away this method. Yes, this method is pretty common, but releasing it to the open public just ruins it. The people who use this will make next to no profit if enough people start doing this and prices of fury's crash and prices of fire runes start to rise..

To help to the guide, no need for the "Contents- You're looking at it"

Edited by sythe453

:aware: That's what I said, we're roooined!

Oh and to contribute further, don't think you need the "contents-You're looking at it!" thing in the table of contents.

Done a spell check for you. Also, the item pictures are kind of messed up and they need to be transparent.

[center][size=3][u][b]Money Making With Tokkul[/b][/u][/size]

[size=2][b]Written by: [/b][i]iHog[/i].[/size]
[size=2][b]Special Thanks To:[/b] [i]1robin20, Scope Gunner, Twist of Fate, Sofee, Packman9898, Kemosabe[/i]. [/size][/center]
[hr]
[name=Introduction][center][b]Introduction.[/b][/center][/name]
  You are searching for a guide that requiers no skills? You want a moneymaking way that will get you dirty rich? Then, you found it! Look below, if you want to find out how...
[hr]
[p][size=3][b]Contents[/b][/size]

[list]
[*][anchor=Introduction]Introduction[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Tokkul]What is Tokkul?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Start]How to start?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Buying]What to buy?[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Selling]Patience is the game.[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Profit]Money is sweet.[/anchor]
[*][anchor=Conclusion] In conclusion.[/anchor]
[/list][/p]
[hr]
[name=Tokkul][center][b] What is tokkul?[/b][/center][/name]
  Tokkul is the currency to a city called Tz-Haar. Each tokkul is roughly equivalent to 15-17 gp each. Tokkul is untradable. It is obtained by the local Tzhaar monsters roaming around the city, or selling items in one of the 3 shops, ore/gem shop, armour/weapon shop, and rune shop. The whole purpose of tokkul is to get the special weapons, armour, and the coveted uncut onyx, which costs a whopping 300,000 tokkul.

[name=Start][center][b]How to start?[/b][/center][/name]
  Well, to start off, you MUST get the Karamja gloves 1, as it lowers the store prices drastically. They are obtained by completing the easy tasks of the Karamja achievement diary. Once you have the gloves, it will reduce the price you are buying the onyx for and increase the amount of tokkul you get for selling items to the shops. These tables will show how the Karamja gloves 1 affect the price.

[center][b]Buying.[/b][/center]
[b]Item picture - Item name - Price with gloves - Price without gloves[/b]
[img=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/evileye9800/Onxy.png] - Uncut onyx - 258,000 tokkul - 300,000 tokkul

[center][b]Selling[/b][/center]
[b]Item picture - Item name - Price with gloves ( Lowest  / Highest*  ) - Price without gloves ( Lowest  / Highest* )[/b]
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/fire_rune.gif] - Fire rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/water_rune.gif] - Water rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/earth_rune.gif] - Earth rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/air_rune.gif] - Air rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/mind_rune.gif] - Mind rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/body_rune.gif] - Body rune - 1 / 5 tokkul - 1 / 2 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/chaos_rune.gif] - Chaos rune - 9 / 9 tokkul - 9 / 9 tokkul
[img=http://www.global-rs.com/img/death_rune.gif] - Death rune - 18 / 18 tokkul - 18 / 18 tokkul
[i]* = You will receive the highest amount of tokkul, if in players stock there were 0 type of the item, lowest - when there are a lot of them already ( ~20 or more ). Doesn't affect death and chaos runes.[/i]
[name=Buying][center][b]What to buy?[/b][/center][/name]
  The only way to profit off of the coveted uncut onyx, is to buy runes, and LOTS of them. In order to obtain 258,000 tokkul, you must buy quite a lot of runes. So stop by the local grand exchange in Varrock, and purchase 86,000 fire runes, 86,000 body runes, and 86,000 mind runes, which will cost 2,494,000. If you have even more money, you can also purchase chaos runes. They are a little bit more expensive, but you can sell them and make a smaller profit, but still make a profit. You need to buy 28,667 chaos runes to equal 258,000 tokkul. That should cost you somewhere between 2,600,000-2,800,000, depending on prices. That equals to exactly 258,000 tokkul. You might be thinking, oh, that will be very fast. But, there is a limit on buying runes. You can only buy 25,000 of each rune every 4 hours. It will take 16 hours to buy all the runes. So, that is a long time, right? Wrong! Buy them right before you go to sleep. That will save you about half the time, if you sleep for 8 hours or longer.

[name=Selling][center][b]Patience is the game.[/center][/b][/name][img=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/evileye9800/Tokkul.png]
  Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tz-haar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away until you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx!
[img=http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9482/080730141451eh9.png]
[img=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6945/080730134918sn4.png]

[name=Profit][center][b]Money is sweet.[/center][/b][/name]	[img=http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/evileye9800/Onxy.png]			
  So you have your uncut onyx, how are you going to sell a gem worth 2,951,153 gp? Easily! You can either cut it, and make it into a fury for yourself, or sell it uncut. If you put the onyx in the G.E, uncut, it should sell instantly at market price. You will barely have to wait on your onyx to sell. Tip: Do not cut the onyx, and try to sell it cut. It will NOT sell. When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx. Pretty good profit for a process taking about 2 hours to sell all 258,000 runes.

[name=Conclusion][center][b]In conclusion.[/center][/b][/name]
  So, overall, this is the lazy way to make money. This is the way that requires NO skill at all, just patience, which at sometimes, can be a skill on its own. You will make a fast and easy profit, with some sore fingers.

I just read over it, and checked everything, and it looks amazing. I think it is 100% complete. Anyone else have any other suggestions before I put 100% on title?

Thanks Kemosabe for that spell check :aware:

When you successfully sell that onyx, you will make a 486,000+ profit for each fire, body, and mind onyx. You will make about 88,000+ profit for selling the chaos onyx.

You said fire,body and mind onyx, then you said chaos onyx - it should be rune in those sentances.

In Introduction (before Contents), you should say this:

Disclaimer: Remember, that the prices of items that are in this guide were taken at the time of writing the guide, so they may be not 100% accurate.

~~1robin20

Edited by 1robin20

I don't think this would count as a guide on it's own. Maybe adding it to the Money Making Guide or the TzHaar City guide would work better.

I don't think this would count as a guide on it's own. Maybe adding it to the Money Making Guide or the TzHaar City guide would work better.

Well the thing is... Why is the ''Flax Guide''( it's a guide to make money using flax, link below) counted as a seperate guide? It could be added to moneymaking guide or crafting one...

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/picking_flax.html

Edited by 1robin20

pictures should be redone since you do not have the Karamja gloves on in the pictures,

You are searching for a guide that requiers no skills? You want a moneymaking way that will get you dirty rich? Then, you found it! Look below, if you want to find out how...

I think this would sound better like this:

If you are searching for a guide that requires no skills? You want a moneymaking way that will get you dirty rich? Then, you found it! Look below, if you want to find out how...

Corrected requier to require.

Started the sentence with if.

Now you have a pants load of runes, what do you do with them? Sell them! Go to Tz-haar. There are many ways to get there, you can teleport to Brimhaven VIA amulet of glory, then walk to Tz-haar, or use the fairy ring, which teleports you directly to Tzhaar. The code to the fairy ring is B-L-P. Make your way to the rune shop, located on the eastern part. This is where the hard part starts. You have to sell ALL of those runes in the rune shop. Yep, that means you have to click quite a lot to sell all those runes. It helps to put your runes on the bottom row of your inventory, so you can just continuously click in one place, without moving the mouse. Do not use an auto-clicker, as it is against the rules. Keep clicking away until you have sold all those runes. Congratulation! You have 258,000 tokkul. Now buy that coveted uncut onyx!

Congratulations!

Are there any other items that can be bought from tokkul to earn money? Because I got about 50k left from when I tried to get enough for a cheap fury but stopped at 50k.