Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dad

Brisingr.

I personally cannot wait to read this book as I loved the previous two, I am however in the middle of reading the third book in one of my favorite trilogies "Inkdeath" I will most definitely read Brisingre after I finish Inkdeath though.

what did you think of it?

Green~

Again, I thought it was good. But it didn't quite meet my expectations. Definetly worth reading though.

What about that dream with two dragons in the sky, a boat leaving a harbour and a lone man crying/screaming after it?

Maybe that is Roran on the harbour and the second dragon belongs to possibly Arya Shadeslayer. (this also covers Eragon leaving Alagesia. Maybe he is in search of where the elves came from or just other land)

I finished the book yesterday after trying to acquire it for a long time and enjoyed it immensely.

Something that I noticed in the book that it didn't have a "peak", it was full of action sequences and exiting things but there was not one thing that stood out

another thing is that Paolini wrote some very gory and graphic scenes in this book.

I was disappointed that Eragon stayed so little time in the hermit's house (forgot his/her name) and expected him to be there more and learn something new.

I can't wait for the next book to hear more about angela's back story because she is one of the most interesting characters of the book. Eragon is stupid also for not asking her about his mother who came into her shop.

I wonder who the lady Eragon blessed and the person with her were, they must be very special people.

I was disappointed that Eragon stayed so little time in the hermit's house (forgot his/her name) and expected him to be there more and learn something new.

I can't wait for the next book to hear more about angela's back story because she is one of the most interesting characters of the book. Eragon is stupid also for not asking her about his mother who came into her shop.

I wonder who the lady Eragon blessed and the person with her were, they must be very special people.

I believe they will get a bit more attention in book 4 :wizard:

I dont understand, in all honesty, why they bothered filling the stupid book with the story about The cripple who is whole, and his dragon (blanking on the name) going to battle, is that really needed?

A lot of wasted space, could have made it longer and finished it up

I dont understand, in all honesty, why they bothered filling the stupid book with the story about The cripple who is whole, and his dragon (blanking on the name) going to battle, is that really needed?

You sir, are now in my </3 books. THAT was a highly important part of the story.

You sir, are now in my </3 books. THAT was a highly important part of the story.

not to mention that the story of the battle was a mere 5 pages or something similar to that

What do you guys think the theme for Brisingr was? I'm thinking of using it on a project, but I need to know the theme and I'm having some trouble unraveling it.

What do you guys think the theme for Brisingr was? I'm thinking of using it on a project, but I need to know the theme and I'm having some trouble unraveling it.
Fantasy/war/adventure, perhaps? If you do use it, good luck. :huh:

Probably a Fantasy Adventure. It's really more than just a war book. But like Dad says, good luck. That's oone hell of a book u have there.

Brisignr wasn't one of those message type of books

Expect the unexpected.

Things are not always what they seem to be.

Good, not evil?

Guest Emanick

Brilliant book. I finally got a chance to read it without shelling out much-needed cash. I can't post much now because it'll be midnight in 4 minutes...but I was disappointed when Eragon didn't respond to "Shadeslayer!" by "Which one?" :huh:

Anyone else think the Shade battle was a bit anticlimactic?

Edit: I was also hoping this book would be called Emblem, to keep to the theme of six letter E words, but I guess it wasn't. :huh:

Edited by Emanick

Brilliant book. I finally got a chance to read it without shelling out much-needed cash. I can't post much now because it'll be midnight in 4 minutes...but I was disappointed when Eragon didn't respond to "Shadeslayer!" by "Which one?" :o

Anyone else think the Shade battle was a bit anticlimactic?

Edit: I was also hoping this book would be called Emblem, to keep to the theme of six letter E words, but I guess it wasn't. :wizard:

I was hoping people would call Arya shadeslayer. :ph34r:

Lern2spoilerthespoilers

I was hoping for Empire for that reason.

In the first book, didn't they say that when the rider dies, the dragon dies as well? Or is that not true?

It was a very good book, I hope the next one won't take three years to be released. :wizard: I,too, was hoping he'd name the book Empire - maybe that will be the last one though. *Shrugs.* But they made this cover black... now they messed up the color scheme. :ph34r: :o

Blue -> red -> black -> green..?

Edited by Kiana

In the first book, didn't they say that when the rider dies, the dragon dies as well? Or is that not true?

It was a very good book, I hope the next one won't take three years to be released. :wizard: I,too, was hoping he'd name the book Empire - maybe that will be the last one though. *Shrugs.* But they made this cover black... now they messed up the color scheme. :ph34r: :o

I have recently watched the movie (terrible) and they said it there. If I recall correctly when a rider dies the dragon does not die and same thing the other way around. Usually they either both die together at a battle or when one dies the other goes mad and kills himself somehow.

That was just in the movie, I think. I noticed that and checked. :o

I actually expect a REALLY long 4th book or a possible extension to a 5th...

Unless foes die really quickly or Murtagh falls extremely early...

I actually expect a REALLY long 4th book or a possible extension to a 5th...

Unless foes die really quickly or Murtagh falls extremely early...

The more the merrier I say. :wizard: I would be happy if he brings it on to a Book 5 or if Book 4 goes on for a thousand pages. Stories like these shouldn't ever be rushed. Relationships between characters and the plot neds to develope in a normal pace. So by all means, extend it! :ph34r:

Guest Emanick

I'd be horrified if there was a fifth book. I don't want to wait until I'm in college to read Empire or whatever the heck the last one will be. :huh:

I'd be horrified if there was a fifth book. I don't want to wait until I'm in college to read Empire or whatever the heck the last one will be. :huh:
Maybe he will abandon some of the story's branches. It'd be ok if they took a year or even 2 each, imho.

I think it was a good book; however, it did not quite meet my expectations.

I thought that some of the writing could have been improved in some of the places. For example, the part of the story where the kull is leading Eragon to the dwarves was not very satisfying for me. However, Brisingr was worth a read. I'll probably read it again when I have the chance, and see if my opinion of it changes. I also disliked the highly skilled elvish smith woman going into Eragon's mind to make the new sword.

Edited by mormril

I think it was a good book; however, it did not quite meet my expectations.

I thought that some of the writing could have been improved in some of the places. For example, the part of the story where the kull is leading Eragon to the dwarves was not very satisfying for me. However, Brisingr was worth a read. I'll probably read it again when I have the chance, and see if my opinion of it changes. I also disliked the highly skilled elvish smith woman going into Eragon's mind to make the new sword.

I actually liked that chapter (or however many it was). It revealed more about the character of Nar Garzhvog and made me reassess the sheer size of the mountain creatures.

I liked how Paolini worked around the oath's bindings, though there was room for improvement, I guess.

that book is really good. i read it a while ago. it came out like 5 light years before the release date

(i know light years mesaure distance :huh: )

All my friends are reading this and I wanna read too :huh:

I wonder what the Menoa tree took from Eragon. o_o

Could it possibly be his heart of hearts and riders simply don't know they have one because it's so deep within them? (Very poorly thought out idea, I'm just rambling here. :wizard:)