Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Adams

Abortion

I feel that abortion is very wrong. Killing the life of an innocent human being is basically what these mothers are doing, this baby is alive inside a mother's womb and they basically are killing it. If a mother did not want to have a baby she should have used birth control pills. I dont see why mothers wouldnt have a baby anyways, they could send them off to an orphanage instead of killing them. It seems that these mothers are being selfish by in a sence being too lazy to give birth to this child.

I'm highly pro-live and birth-control is still killing a forming child. We're destroying generations of geniuses in this doing.

I feel that abortion is very wrong. Killing the life of an innocent human being is basically what these mothers are doing, this baby is alive inside a mother's womb and they basically are killing it. If a mother did not want to have a baby she should have used birth control pills. I dont see why mothers wouldnt have a baby anyways, they could send them off to an orphanage instead of killing them. It seems that these mothers are being selfish by in a sence being too lazy to give birth to this child.

I'm highly pro-live and birth-control is still killing a forming child. We're destroying generations of geniuses in this doing.

Or saving the world from future genocidal murderers. :aware:

Besides, if birth control is killing a forming child, and birth control kills sperm cells - indeed it does, then you are guilty of killing forming children. Every day. Millions of them.

Childbirth and pregnancy can cause unimaginable stress and emotional and physical damage, both temporary and permanently. It isn't as easy as popping it out and giving it away. Giving childbirth as opposed to aborting is an extremely hard decision.

Abortion hurts woman too. Read up in the twenty links that you can access by going to this address:

http://billykess.com/issues/abortion/abortionhurtswomen.html

Which is why I believe that it is the mother's decision and the decision should not be forced upon her by the law.

Zon70 and Finway: I hate you both for having sucked me into this debate yet again. Grr.

Hey! you forget me :aware:

It's still a living being no matter how old it may be during the pregnancy stage and so in my view it's murder (although on a lighter scale).

But this is not merely an ordinary life from the start; it's a pure, innocent and immature life entering the realm of catastrophe (with perhaps a broad and unexpected future coming). With all that, it's carelessly thrown in the tempting dustbin.

Abortion has often caused nightmares, emotional stress, and a lot pain (both psychological as well as sometimes physical). Top that off with a rape, the woman would go through horrible trauma.
But still, that'd be my choice. (Warning: silly example follows.) If I were to visit -willingly- a shock website and got scarred for life, whose choice would it have been? Mine or the website's? :aware: One can decide to keep the baby if those consequences scare her...but let's not forget that pregnancy and childbirth have the same effects you listed.

In you're examples, it would be your fault, since you willingly visited the site (assuming you knew it was a shock website).

I dont see why mothers wouldnt have a baby anyways, they could send them off to an orphanage instead of killing them. It seems that these mothers are being selfish by in a sence being too lazy to give birth to this child.

What about a woman who was raped and got pregnant, and noticed too late for the morning after pill?

Rape accounts for a miniscule ammount of abortions. And although rape is a terrible violation against a woman, why punish the innocent child for it?

Why punish the mother for it? :aware: You're greatly underestimating the pain caused by taking a rape pregnancy to full length.

I'm not a girl,but I would say the pain caused by taking a rape pregnancy to full length wouldn't be as bad as the pain caused by knowing I killed a human being (Some of you can call it "a lump of cells" but I'm calling it human) before he/she even had a chance.

I don't see anything wrong with abortion. If it's convenient then I'd go for it.

My reposte to the argument that it is killing a human being would be that foetuses do not qualify as humans.

I think other people should mind their own business.

If somebody who got unwillingly pregnant wants to undertake abortion, fine. It's their life, not ours.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Fetuses do not qualify as humans.

I guess that's what women say after they abort babies so they feel better about themselves.

If somebody who got unwillingly pregnant wants to undertake abortion, fine. It's their life, not ours.

Oh,I get it.So the baby should suffer,well actually,die,because the mother got pregnant and doesn't want to deliver the child.

If it's convenient then I'd go for it.

Well going by that logic,maybe we should make robbery legal.If it's convenient than hey why not?

We're destroying generations of geniuses in this doing.

I agree.The babies that some women suck the brain out of might be the babies that grow up and discover a cure for cancer.

The real question is not about “choice.” It is whether we have the right to kill over 4,000 human beings a day, for any reason.

The real question is not about “choice.” It is whether we have the right to kill over 4,000 human beings a day, for any reason.

Except they're not humans. They're fetus and embryo's.

So when are they considered humans? 3 months? 6 months? Or maybe they're not really human until they come out of the womb,then they're human.

I guess that's what women say after they abort babies so they feel better about themselves.

Fetuses are not yet humans, so they're technically not humans

Oh,I get it.So the baby should suffer,well actually,die,because the mother got pregnant and doesn't want to deliver the child.

It's the woman's decision to abort or not. You have no right over them.

Well going by that logic,maybe we should make robbery legal.If it's convenient than hey why not?

Abortions and robbery are 2 different things.

I agree.The babies that some women suck the brain out of might be the babies that grow up and discover a cure for cancer.

Just because something might happen, doesn't mean it will happen.

So when are they considered humans? 3 months? 6 months? Or maybe they're not really human until they come out of the womb,then they're human.

In my opinion, when a fetus gains the ability to think it is a human.

Actually, since the pregnancy gets terminated before the embryo develops a nerve system (let alone being able to think), the embryo doesn't feel anything more than your skin cells falling off do.

Or they could be the heads of the next genocide. By that logic, no pregnancy should ever be completed.

:aware:

How come I see hardcore proponents of the death penalty for everything, from jaywalking to genocide, go against killing "in any way" or "for any reason"?

I'm not a girl,but I would say the pain caused by taking a rape pregnancy to full length wouldn't be as bad as the pain caused by knowing I killed a human being (Some of you can call it "a lump of cells" but I'm calling it human) before he/she even had a chance.
Do you feel that? Awesome! Nobody is forcing you to have an abortion!

The real question is whether anyone can force his will onto another. Nobody is forcing you to abort babies, but you'd force women to keep them. Baby factories, anyone?

Edited by Arianna

The real question is whether anyone can force his will onto another. Nobody is forcing you to abort babies, but you'd force women to keep them. Baby factories, anyone?

Woman often are pressured by family/friends into abortion. Also, because they fear telling their parents that their pregnant, many girls will undergo abortions. So they are in a way forced to.

Woman often are pressured by family/friends into abortion. Also, because they fear telling their parents that their pregnant, many girls will undergo abortions. So they are in a way forced to.

Peer pressure is far from forcing.

The woman has her right to abort or not. If they're under pressure by family/friends, they should ask them to stop.

First, at the optimal stage of abortion, they don't even come close to having brains.

Dialection and evacuation is oftentimes performed up to nine months, though it usually happens up to six months. And the process doesn't even work if the baby does not have brain tissue.

Women are pressured to keep their baby by the same people, seeing as an abortion (or an unplanned pregnancy) is seen as a dishonour for the family. So they're forced exactly the same to keep their babies.

Not to mention that if someone steps that low as to try and force a woman on such a decision, he deserves a kick in the head. Maybe two.

When they could be condemned by all of their peers (and parents) I'd say it's pretty close to forcing.

When they could be condemned by all of their peers (and parents) I'd say it's pretty close to forcing.

Like I said in my prevoius post, they should just politely tell them to stop pressuring them.

Edited by XmoneyX

Like I said in my prevoius post, they should just politely tel them to stop pressuring them.

It's not that easy when everyone will hate you if you keep the child.

Like I said in my prevoius post, they should just politely tel them to stop pressuring them.

I've seen many more cases of everyone hating you if you abort the child instead of keeping it.

Fetuses are not yet humans, so they're technically not humans

Is "soon to be human" a better adjective?

Abortions and robbery are 2 different things.

2 Different things.1 same logic.

Just because something might happen, doesn't mean it will happen.

Going by that logic,maybe we should just give up on finding a cure for cancer and AIDS or anything else for that matter.Because just because we might find a cure,that doesn't mean We're going to find a cure.

How come I see hardcore proponents of the death penalty for everything, from jaywalking to genocide, go against killing "in any way" or "for any reason"?

In my opinion there is a difference between killing thousands of innocent babies (fetuses,soon-to-be babies,whatever) every day who have done nothing,and killing the much smaller amount of mass murderers who have taken the lives of many people.Actually killing people and ending it right there might be better for them than leaving them in jail for the next 50 years.

Or they could be the heads of the next genocide. By that logic, no pregnancy should ever be completed.

I never said no pregnancy should ever be completed.Going by your logic,babies should be aborted for the risk of them becoming the head of the next genocide.

Woman often are pressured by family/friends into abortion.

I hear this one a lot-"A responsible person doesn't give in to peer pressure".

First, at the optimal stage of abortion, they don't even come close to having brains.

Please read this,it is one of the ways abortion can be done.It clearly states they suck the baby's brain out.And it makes me sick just reading it.

*May be disturbing to some people*

This abortion is also used on mid and late term babies, from 4 to 9 months gestation. Ultrasound is used to identify how the unborn baby is facing in the womb. The abortionist inserts forceps through the cervical canal into the uterus and grasps one of the baby’s legs, positioning the baby feet first, face down (breech position). The child’s body is then pulled out of the birth canal except for the head which is too large to pass through the cervix. The baby is alive, and probably kicking and flailing his legs and arms. The abortionist hooks his fingers over the baby’s shoulders, holding the woman’s cervix away from the baby’s neck. He then jams blunt tipped surgical scissors into the base of the skull and spreads the tips apart to enlarge the wound. A suction catheter is inserted into the baby’s skull and the brain is sucked out. The skull collapses and the baby’s head passes easily through the cervix.

Edited by Mgs rocks

If your friends will hate you so much, they're not friends. If your parents are pressuring you, too, keep on telling them you want the child.

We're destroying generations of geniuses in this doing.

Well by that logic we should kill every single unborn child. After all, they could grow up to be the next Hitler and wipe out millions of people.

Having a child when your not ready can wreck your life. If your a kid it can make it very hard to go to school and get a proper education. This can make you end up very poor later in life. And if the parent is making next to nothing because they dropped out of high-school, what do you think the kid's life will be like? No saying I like abortion it's just a lot of times when a girl has to resort to it her back is against the wall and she's got no where to go. Who are we to tell her she's murderer and that she has to bear the pain of childbirth?

Please read this,it is one of the ways abortion can be done.It clearly states they suck the baby's brain out.And it makes me sick just reading it.

*May be disturbing to some people*

This abortion is also used on mid and late term babies, from 4 to 9 months gestation. Ultrasound is used to identify how the unborn baby is facing in the womb. The abortionist inserts forceps through the cervical canal into the uterus and grasps one of the baby’s legs, positioning the baby feet first, face down (breech position). The child’s body is then pulled out of the birth canal except for the head which is too large to pass through the cervix. The baby is alive, and probably kicking and flailing his legs and arms. The abortionist hooks his fingers over the baby’s shoulders, holding the woman’s cervix away from the baby’s neck. He then jams blunt tipped surgical scissors into the base of the skull and spreads the tips apart to enlarge the wound. A suction catheter is inserted into the baby’s skull and the brain is sucked out. The skull collapses and the baby’s head passes easily through the cervix.

That is disturbing. And that's why abortions that late in the gestation stage should be illegal. They should only be aloud when the baby has no brain.

In my opinion there is a difference between killing thousands of innocent babies (fetuses,soon-to-be babies,whatever) every day who have done nothing,and killing the much smaller amount of mass murderers who have taken the lives of many people.Actually killing people and ending it right there might be better for them than leaving them in jail for the next 50 years.

Once again, by your logic killing fetus's and ending it right there might be better for them than leaving them in the poor house for the next 50 years.

Edited by soxking