Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Adams

Abortion

That's actually validated by your logic of "The fetus could someday cure cancer".

There is no right or wrong in that logic.I was just stating the fact that the baby could grow up and do great things.Then everybody else came in and stated all the negative things that they could do.

Edited by Mgs rocks

That's actually validated by your logic of "The fetus could someday cure cancer".

There is no right or wrong by that logic.I was just stating the fact that the baby could grow up and do great things.Then everybody else came in and stated all the negative things that they could do.

We said that because it is very unlikely an aborted baby had a chance to cure cancer, and people have an equally likely chance of doing something bad then doing something extraordinary.

Edited by XmoneyX

There is no right or wrong in that logic.I was just stating the fact that the baby could grow up and do great things.Then everybody else came in and stated all the negative things that they could do.

We're saying that they're just as likely of doing bad as they are of doing good.

In my opinion there is a difference between killing thousands of innocent babies (fetuses,soon-to-be babies,whatever) every day who have done nothing,and killing the much smaller amount of mass murderers who have taken the lives of many people.Actually killing people and ending it right there might be better for them than leaving them in jail for the next 50 years.
You don't seem to grasp the simple fact that, while unborn babies have no relations with anyone bar their mother, grown-up people have relations with countless other people. That person that you're 'executing' has probably a wife, perhaps children, brothers, etcetera, etcetera. How would you feel if they killed a relative of yours, in cold blood to add insult to injury? Is it right that all those people I mentioned should suffer for one's crimes?

I never said no pregnancy should ever be completed.Going by your logic,babies should be aborted for the risk of them becoming the head of the next genocide
Actually, I was going by your logic, and you repeated what I said, assuming you have read my post and remember yours. For your convenience, I'll post it below:
I agree.The babies that some women suck the brain out of might be the babies that grow up and discover a cure for cancer.
Or they could be the heads of the next genocide. By that logic, no pregnancy should ever be completed.

:aware:

This abortion is also used on mid and late term babies, from 4 to 9 months gestation.
One problem: abortions past 12 weeks are illegal in almost the whole Europe. If you've got laws that allow you to be savages, that's hardly a woman's problem. In Europe, that kind of abortion is used in one case only: when the child is ALREADY DEAD.

We're saying that they're just as likely of doing bad as they are of doing good.

The odds of the baby finding a cure for cancer is slim.As is the chance of him becoming the head of the next genocide.

The odds of the baby finding a cure for cancer is slim.As is the chance of him becoming the head of the next genocide.

There is more murderers then scientists who have found cures.

So why did you use that as support for your argument? :aware:

And if we want to stay in the realm of statistics, the children that kill their mothers during childbirth are overwhelmingly superior in numbers to those who will find cures for terrible ailments. Statistics say, kill them all!

In my opinion there is a difference between killing thousands of innocent babies (fetuses,soon-to-be babies,whatever) every day who have done nothing,and killing the much smaller amount of mass murderers who have taken the lives of many people.Actually killing people and ending it right there might be better for them than leaving them in jail for the next 50 years.
You don't seem to grasp the simple fact that, while unborn babies have no relations with anyone bar their mother, grown-up people have relations with countless other people. That person that you're 'executing' has probably a wife, perhaps children, brothers, etcetera, etcetera. How would you feel if they killed a relative of yours, in cold blood to add insult to injury? Is it right that all those people I mentioned should suffer for one's crimes?

I wouldn't be very happy about that.And I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you found out a family member or relative is going to spend the rest of his/her life behind bars.And that if you ever see him/her again its going to be while he/she is still in a prison cell suffering.That news wouldn't be any better to me than finding out one of my relatives were dead.

So why did you use that as support for your argument?

Sorry for stating that the baby might grow up to do good things.I hope you will accept my apology.[/sarcasm]

And if we want to stay in the realm of statistics, the children that kill their mothers during childbirth are overwhelmingly superior in numbers to those who will find cures for terrible ailments. Statistics say, kill them all!

I dont know anybody who lost a mother at childbirth.It is true that babies can grow up to be great people.

Edited by Mgs rocks

Sorry for stating that the baby might grow up to do good things.I hope you will accept my apology.

Don't apologize for saying something.

I dont know anybody who lost a mother at childbirth.It is true that babies can grow up to be great people.

First you say you want to apologize for saying that, now you say the exact same thing you were apologizing for.

Sorry for stating that the baby might grow up to do good things.I hope you will accept my apology.
No apology needed: I was just refuting your claim.

I wouldn't be very happy about that.And I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you found out a family member or relative is going to spend the rest of his/her life behind bars.And that if you ever see him/her again its going to be while he/she is still in a prison cell suffering.That news wouldn't be any better to me than finding out one of my relatives were dead.
I'd rather have someone I love alive than dead in (almost) any case. But that's straying off topic.

First you say you want to apologize for saying that, now you say the exact same thing you were apologizing for.

SARCASM,SSSSAAAAAAARRRRRRRCCCCCCCAAAAAASSSSSSSMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I forgot how serious everything has to be in the debate room.I edited my post.I hope its better now.

You guys have to stop the "it can grow up to be great" thing because anyone can easily counter with "it's the same chance that it grows up to be the next Hitler". It goes nowhere.

SARCASM,SSSSAAAAAAARRRRRRRCCCCCCCAAAAAASSSSSSSMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I forgot how serious everything has to be in the debate room.I edited my post.I hope its better now.

Putting sarcasm tags in a debate post isn't a good idea.

You guys have to stop the "it can grow up to be great" thing because anyone can easily counter with "it's the same chance that it grows up to be the next Hitler". It goes nowhere.

Just because he might not grow up to be some genius who discovers cures for diseases,that does mean he won't grow up to be a good person.People can be great people without being known worldwide.

Just because he might not grow up to be some genius who discovers cures for diseases,that does mean he won't grow up to be a good person.People can be great people without being known worldwide.

People are just as likely to be bad then be good. So if an abortion does happen, it could either be bad or good.

People are just as likely to be bad then be good. So if an abortion does happen, it could either be bad or good.

Ok,we're just getting off topic with this bad or good thing.The odds of it being great person=slim.The odds of it being horrible person=slim.But whats wrong with just being an average person?

ok back on topic.

What about a woman who was raped and got pregnant

Not many people get abortions because they got raped.Most people just have sex knowing they have no intention of supporting a child,get pregnant,and then end up killing the fetus.I know somebody who got an abortion for that same reason.

Edited by Mgs rocks

Ok,we're just getting off topic with this bad or good thing.The odds of it being great person=slim.The odds of it being horrible person=slim.But whats wrong with just being an average person?

True, the person has a better chance of living a normal life then being a killer or being a hero.

See you're doing it again. People can be bad people without being known worldwide.

See you're doing it again. People can be bad people without being known worldwide.

That is true. People can be good without being known well, and people can be bad without being known well.

Abortion is fine by me. It should be up to the woman who is pregnant whether or not she wants to go through pregnancy and delivering the baby. If she doesn't want one, she shouldn't have to have it. Having a kid when you don't want one can ruin your life.

And what if a girl gets raped by someone and ends up getting pregnant that way? We're supposed to just force her to have the child?

I think we should be more concerned with people who are currently alive than people who haven't even been born yet. The world's over populated enough already.

Rofl. What kind of person plays the raped card. Someone who can't come up with anything better. Oh what about the raped ooh c'mon what about them. Tell me how many people to young to have the baby get raped??? :aware: :) :)

Edited by definedeath2

Abortion is fine by me. It should be up to the woman who is pregnant whether or not she wants to go through pregnancy and delivering the baby. If she doesn't want one, she shouldn't have to have it. Having a kid when you don't want one can ruin your life.

And what if a girl gets raped by someone and ends up getting pregnant that way? We're supposed to just force her to have the child?

I think we should be more concerned with people who are currently alive than people who haven't even been born yet. The world's over populated enough already.

Rofl. What kind of person plays the raped card. Someone who can't come up with anything better. Oh what about the raped ooh c'mon what about them. Tell me how many that is. . :aware: :) :)

It doesn't care about how many people, it's what happens to them after the rape. They aren't forced to give birth after a rape. Or am I wrong?

Rofl. What kind of person plays the raped card. Someone who can't come up with anything better. Oh what about the raped ooh c'mon what about them. Tell me how many that is. . :aware: :) :)

And you play the emotional damage card which only occurs in a few cases as well.

Needless to say cutting it off is most certainly painful :aware:. If you desire to speak about the child as well-insomuch of the benefit- then that's fine by me.

@Gillis: But it's still progressing life, having this possibility. Life. Progress.

But the only way you say to avoid the torture (which is killing the baby, which might actually make things worse, as it has in many cases...see the link I provided earlier) is taking a life. I don't think that that child deserves to die. Even if it does, it's not like the woman is going to forget ever getting raped and it will all be better. It will always be with her, no matter what.

But going through the pain of carrying and giving birth to the unwanted baby she got from being raped would make it worse, don't you think? I'd rather get rid of the unwanted embryo than put that woman through further pain.

But they will always know every day that they were raped once. How do you know killing a child will help heal it? Abortion can even make things worse.

How will abortion make things worse? The woman would know that she was raped either way. Killing an embryo doesn't mean that the rape never happened, but it would do more good than harm. A woman who was raped and had a baby involuntarily shouldn't be forced to go through further pain to give birth to a baby she was forced to carry. It should be her choice whether or not to continue her own pregnancy.

Abortion has often caused nightmares, emotional stress, and a lot pain (both psychological as well as sometimes physical). Top that off with a rape, the woman would go through horrible trauma.

If she doesn't want to kill it she doesn't have to. I'm not saying that the only choice is to kill the baby. It's called pro-CHOICE. IT'S THE MOTHER'S CHOICE WHETHER OR NOT TO END THE PREGNANCY.

I never accused you of saying that, and I never said that it wasn't called pro-choice.

A woman can go through many negative effects of both having an abortion and giving birth to a child. You're implying that what I want is that the only option for women is to have an abortion. Believe it or not, I wouldn't mind it if she had a baby. I was saying how bad going through a pregnancy is because I wouldn't want somebody to be forced to go through it. Being pro-choice means I want women to have the right to decide whether or not to end their pregnancies.

Sorry for stating that the baby might grow up to do good things.I hope you will accept my apology.[/sarcasm]

Put spaces after your periods and commas.

I know that statement was sarcastic due to your brilliant sarcasm tag, but that argument has actually turned out to be invalid. Saying that an aborted embryo/fetus could turn out to be a hero is just stupid.

Put spaces after your periods and commas.

I know that statement was sarcastic due to your brilliant sarcasm tag, but that argument has actually turned out to be invalid. Saying that an aborted embryo/fetus could turn out to be a hero is just stupid.

It is possible for a baby to become a hero when he grows up, but it is also likely they can be criminals.