Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bocce12345

Dying

You die, and then you are either buried and left to rot in a box, or burned, and kept in a vase.

There has to be more to life than this single run because if we were to die and forget everything then we won't be experiencing life right now because we've forgotten.

I hope that we go to the astral plane when we die but I can't say anything for definite.

I think when we die....we don't live anymore, just my guess. :aware:

+1 To The Lord Vega, thats some good written word.

I think all metaphysics is a bunch of hooey, its pure conjecture. Your "soul" (if such a crude and pathetic idea of this even exists!), does not wander around. What makes you think your consciousness even keeps existing after death? Perhaps this kind of thinking is just some kind of sham for humans to believe they can live forever.

You die, your existence is over and will not continue.

As usual, I agree with you and Vega.

I believe that everything we know, our consciousness, our thoughts and emotions are all biological processes that result from our bodies.

We're just biological organisms and once we die all our cognitive faculties deplete. Thus, our consciousness ends.

Then there is truly nothing.

I don't know nor do i really care

That's probably the best way to live, as far as I'm concerned.

you die = you rot

[/thread]

~Adam

Lol sounds good to me.

~Robber341

I think when we die....we don't live anymore, just my guess. :aware:

Why you must believe in reincarnation [/sarcasm]

I believe that everything we know, our consciousness, our thoughts and emotions are all biological processes that result from our bodies.

We're just biological organisms and once we die all our cognitive faculties deplete. Thus, our consciousness ends.

If we come back to life, our delepeted organs do what?

Edited by W1z K1ll1ng

To be honest I haven't died before, so I don't know.

And I don't really know what to believe, none of it really makes sense. At least to me.

Heaven, Hell? You know what i'm saying. I'm christian I got to church weekly I went here... http://www.medjugorje.org/ you see evil spirits in people and after an expierence like that, there ain't a doubt in my mind i'm not right.

If we come back to life, our delepeted organs do what?

What do you mean by "if we come back to life"?

I do not think there is an after-life, the very idea of life after death is an ideal used to give people hope and belief in something more. Few people will seek purpose in life if they feel there is no point and therefore Religion exists because man can't/won't accept there is nothing else. I've never seen the need to put faith in a greater being, only in myself. Therefore, I believe when you die you become apart of the soil, nothing more.

Few people will seek purpose in life if they feel there is no point...

That's why existentialism is da bomb.

You can preach all your stupid go to church so you can live in heaven! Go to hell is what I say! There is no god, you may have a soul it depends what you do with your life. But when you die your body rots in a hole, but your spirit (if you still got one) roams the Earth until it finds another host body to live in, usually a almost alive thing (plant, bird, human, ect).

You can preach all your stupid go to church so you can live in heaven! Go to hell is what I say! There is no god, you may have a soul it depends what you do with your life. But when you die your body rots in a hole, but your spirit (if you still got one) roams the Earth until it finds another host body to live in, usually a almost alive thing (plant, bird, human, ect).

I hope you don't assume that being disrespectful to those whom believe in the existence of God will win you an argument :aware:

To be honest I haven't died before, so I don't know.

And I don't really know what to believe, none of it really makes sense. At least to me.

Heaven, Hell? You know what i'm saying. I'm christian I got to church weekly I went here... http://www.medjugorje.org/ you see evil spirits in people and after an expierence like that, there ain't a doubt in my mind i'm not right.

Going to Church every week does not always mean you are devout :)

We respawn at Lumbridge/Falador/Camelot. 'Nough Said.

The winner :)

I don't know if I really believe that anything happens. I'm think that when we die that that's exactly what happens. I don't really think we get a second life in some sort of afterworld. We're already given one, I doubt that we need another.

My personal belief is that there is nothing after death, your almost in eternal sleep. You have no brain activity and cannot think. I also think that heaven and hell is true, but not as a place. I think it is a moral you must choose to take, you can choose a good life and know you lived a good life. Or you can live a bad life knowing all the things you have done.

I also think that heaven is a way to let people ease down on death, for instance when i was a couple of years old i used to see shaped shadows of people whilst trying to sleep. I always thought they were there to kill me, my mum got me to believe that good people go to heaven. This was something she just said to make me feel better.

Life after death isn't a good theory in my opinion, in my own sense of morals i can see it as a cycle, but not a past life living another. I see it as if you are born and you die, and that cycle gets continued throughout the world. Your not living again, someone else (quite a few because of overpopulation actually) are taking your place.

I'm not scared of death, it is just something that happens. I dont need to look forward to anything except for the time i spend alive. Death is just death.

I'm not scared of death, it is just something that happens. I dont need to look forward to anything except for the time i spend alive. Death is just death.

Well stated Matt.

I know that most of you will be all like 'we all are judged and go to heaven or hell when we die' but i think otherwise. I think our spirits are wandering for a time, usually a few seconds then we find a growing, soon to be living thing, a plant or animal, and we choose to live in it, and then we live that being's life, and we are reborn into another body, and the cycle continues. What do you other people think?

Most Christians are wrong on this topic.

I think you rot in the ground.

That's what a lot of people say, because they think you don't have a soul.

The soul is not separate from your body...

I think when you die, you do just that: die. You cease to be. You come to a permanent end. The idea of a soul seems ridiculous to me. It seems like one of the many things humans make up to try to make themselves seem more important and epic than they really are, combined with humans desire to make the world seem more mysterious and magical than it really is. In cold hard reality, I find it hard to believe such a thing as a soul exists.

I almost agree with you, Lord Vega. Death is death... Or in other words, ceasing to be. I don't think it is permenant yet though. If you die, then you will live once more and then that's it.

+1 To The Lord Vega, thats some good written word.

I think all metaphysics is a bunch of hooey, its pure conjecture. Your "soul" (if such a crude and pathetic idea of this even exists!), does not wander around. What makes you think your consciousness even keeps existing after death? Perhaps this kind of thinking is just some kind of sham for humans to believe they can live forever.

You die, your existence is over and will not continue.

+1 (excluding a manner of symantics over your existence being permanently over).

My personal belief is that there is nothing after death, your almost in eternal sleep. You have no brain activity and cannot think. I also think that heaven and hell is true, but not as a place. I think it is a moral you must choose to take, you can choose a good life and know you lived a good life. Or you can live a bad life knowing all the things you have done.

But you will not know that you have lived a good life. You will just be dead.

Edited by mormril

But you will know if you have lived your past well or not, I'm talking about before death. Heaven and hell are just a standard of living for me, as i stated in my post earlier. But you raise a point, how do we know we will just be dead. We could be souls forever wandering across the universe :aware:.

We could be souls forever wandering across the universe :aware:.

According to the Scripture(s), the period between the earth's existence and Judgement day when you cease to live- for the time being- flies like a couple of days.

I believe that when your heart stops, 'you' are still there inside for awhile before you fade away and you are at piece and you do not go to heaven but your life simply ends.

We probably return to the same place we were before we were born.

Into non-being then. D: Basically, you're gone, you don't exist, etc. You're finished. I agree with Lord Vega.

But you will know if you have lived your past well or not, I'm talking about before death. Heaven and hell are just a standard of living for me, as i stated in my post earlier. But you raise a point, how do we know we will just be dead. We could be souls forever wandering across the universe :aware:.

If we are honest with ourselves, our "good" life is really not the greatest. I digress though. I don't really think that would matter very much to me at the end.

Who cares? Who knows? We'll find out when it happens.

We probably return to the same place we were before we were born.

I somewhat agree with these statements.

Life is too brief not to enjoy it.

Don't waste time wondering what will happen (I'm wasting time right now :aware: ).

What happens will happen and that's that.