Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BachNasty

Banjo-tooie Also Coming To Xbla

Ten years after the release of the original Banjo-Kazooie on Nintendo 64, gamers around the world will not only have the chance to play it again with slightly improved visuals on an upcoming Xbox Live Arcade port announced last week, but also discover the most obscure feature that Rare ever conceived. The plan for Banjo on XBLA is far most ambitious than what it has been announced to date, since it will include a Banjo-Tooie port and connections between all the three titles, in a Stop ‘n’ Swop extravaganza that will make Sonic & Knuckles look like an unfinished demo.

MundoRare has confirmed through different insider sources that, apart from BK XBLA, external developer 4J Studios is also working on its sequel, Banjo-Tooie, which will hit our consoles sometime in the future, provided all goes as planned.

Therefore, the idea is not only to provide players with a new connection between BK XBLA and Nuts & Bolts (which would obviously be different than what was originally planned in 1998 for Tooie), but also -quite possibly- bring back the original (or, at least, similar) feature between BK and BT that Rare wasn’t able to add on Tooie due to later revisions of the N64 circuitry. If Tooie XBLA will also connect with N&B remains to be seen.

bk-stop-n-swop.png

Moreover, as CVG confirmed last week, the many references to Nintendo from Banjo-Kazooie (such as Mumbo playing a xylophone with a Nintendo logo, or Banjo having some fun with a Game Boy) will remain untoched. We have also confirmed that those will be possible thanks to an agreement with Nintendo, which sadly wasn’t possible in the case of GoldenEye XBLA.

Expect much more about the return of Banjo as the release dates for BK XBLA and Nuts & Bolts approach this Fall.

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/07/banjo-to...coming-to-xbla/

Yea!

XBLA is really looking better and better now.

Edited by Raz

Woot!!!! I just hope that when I get nuts and bolts they'll be a little discount card I can use on one or two. I've only played the first one a bit back on the n64 so it'll be nice to have the whole trilogy now :aware:

Edit: Stop and swap is back!!!! *Dances*

Edit 2: I kinda like the rule where if you port a classic game you have to make the visuals better. I think I'd rather be playing a 2.5d version of bionic commando than the old 8 bit nes version.

Edited by Jump

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I was actually considering buying Banjo-Tooie for my N64 next week. I've never played it before. Guess what I'll be buying? :aware:

I thought this was already confirmed when they said the "Stop 'n Swap" feature would actually work.

Anyways, I wish it'd come sooner. Banjo Kazooie games are really fun.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.